“Family fun” 4 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Dunstable, England, United Kingdom
“Family fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great entertainment at Planet ice leisure plaza, fun Times for Everyone. We went on a saturday afternoon which wasn't to Busy and enjoyed ourselves.

Visited May 2013

London, UK
“Great ice, fun skating...but URGENTLY needs updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We visited Planet Ice for the first time today as a treat for our kids. The entrance way is miserable and, upon entering, we were wondering what on earth we'd let ourselves in for. I felt seriously sorry for the ladies working at the desk!

Once inside it doesn't get much better in terms of the décor. It's seriously dated and looks horrible and, although we didn't eat at the café, I don't think that we would even if we were starving because it looked so horrid and dirty in there.

That said, the reason that we were there was to have a go at ice skating and in this respect, at least, the venue didn't disappoint. The hired ice skates were ok, about the quality I'd expect, and the ice was great. Whilst we were there they dimmed the lights for a while and played music and had disco lights up which the kids loved. Over all they had a really good time and would definitely return again. As for us, the adults, we'd return again...but would do so MUCH more eagerly if the place was given a complete facelift. I'm sure they'd get a lot more visitors if it didn't look like such a dive...

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Had so much fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I agree with the last post. Im not there to observe the decor, Im there to have fun and absolutely love it. I live in Northampton so i have to travel. I would love to have an ice rink on my door step.

Milton Keynes
“Really...?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I am really surprised at the negative reviews, as I have enjoyed all of my visits to Planet Ice.

The decor isn't all that, but as I went for the ice rink, I can't say I was at all concerned, as I was too busy having fun.

Personally I feel lucky that there is an ice rink in Milton Keynes, rather than having to travel an hour away so that I can spend more time admiring the decor.  I think some of the reviewers here need to count their blessings.

Hertford, United Kingdom
“Filthy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We visited this venue today for an afternoon out with our teenage children. Our first impression was pure filth, the corridor leading to the cash desk looked like it hadn't been cleaned for years. The first pair of hire skates was falling apart, ice rink was fine. When a member of our party enquired about a skating aid we were told it was £3.00 for half hour, considering we were there for 2 hours this seemed really expensive. Very cold for spectators around the rink, this we expected. When we enquired if there was a warm spectator area we were told to go to the cafe, this we did, we walked straight back out, It was so dirty and smelt of very old chip fat. On a positive note the children enjoyed the skating, if the management spent some time cleaning the venue I'm sure more people would visit.

Visited February 2013