“DO NOT STAY IN ROOM 24” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
London, United Kingdom
“DO NOT STAY IN ROOM 24”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel if you are in Room 24. I found out after a sleepless night that the room 24 is actually above the kitchen and with obviously poor soundproofing I was kept up until the early hours. According to the helpful receptionist is room has been complained about before, so you have been warned! Cant fault the cleanliness or the quality of the room but as for the "good night" guarantee, I was not offered my money back so don't trust it its just a marketing gimmick.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel if you are in Room 24, its above the kitchen and very noisy.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

On arrival on the Monday I was met by two other customers who were waiting to be checked in. After around 10 minutes two staff cam round from the corridor. Once in place they were very helpful. Lost a point because of this . However after Monday the staff had changed and there was a very nice young lady, blonde pigtail , badge was hidden so I couldn't see her name. Nothing was too much trouble she was always at her post and even when I asked about buses to ikea she trawled the net to get me the information. Thank you. The rooms are up to premier inn standard and the hotel was kept warm . Very nice in this cold weather.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Chippenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

myself and my husband have just come back from a weekend away at milton keynes we stayed at this premier inn as we have stayed here before and have found it to be close to the event we were going to collectormania 20 which by the way was awesome !! we arrived to be greeted by the same friendly staff as last time and had no problems checking in, room was clean,comfortable we were able to get extra tea,coffee supply's as we wanted them which was very nice and even when we were tired we were always greeted with a smile from the staff .. keep up the good work we hope to go back next year for collectormania 21 !!

Room Tip: there is over the road the Xscape centre which has lots of place's to eat !!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Warwick, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

A very nice stay. The hotel was clean, cheap and cheerful. The staff were very helpful and happy to suggest restaurants for dinner, and able to recommend alternatives to their breakfasts. The hotel is ideally located for the town center.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Wootton Bassett
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Arrived at the hotel after a long drive to be greeted by a lady who advised she was new and that she was having problems with the system. After waiting about ten minutes I checked in. I was not asked if I wanted WiFi so had to go back and wait another ten mins to purchase that.

The room was the usual standard of a Premier Inn Room - good quality. The bed was quite hard in comparison to other ones I have stayed at recently and the bottom sheet kept coming off as was clearly not big enough for the bed.

I went to the adjoining beefeater for dinner and the food and service was brilliant.

Returned to my room and was kept awake by guests above me as the floors are seemingly quite thin :(

Got up to have a shower to find that there were no towels in the bedroom!!!! Went to phone down to reception...no phone!!!!!

Got dressed and checked out and was greeted by a miserable lady who did not ask me if I enjoyed my stay or had a good sleep....I advised her that I had no towels in my room and was told 'did you report this to reception at the time?' No I did not because it was 6am in the morning and I was not coming down in my pyjamas! I was then advised 'that seems very unusual, well I was not in reception last night so I've got no idea?!!' No apology or anything.

Maybe the team could learn something from the team at Premier Inn Brentwood as this really was poor quality customer service.

Would I stay here again? No, I will try one of the other Premier Inn's in Milton Keynes.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Typical Premier Inn, if you need somewhere to stay which just has what you need in a reliably clean and spacious way you can never go wrong with Premier Inn.

I stayed with my partner in order to visit the new Casino MK in the Xscape Centre and therefore it was very convenient. I did have a slight issue with the bathroom door as it was a bit on and off as to whether it would fully shut and lock, but other that the room was very clean, very fresh with not one scuff on the wall, it really was as though we were the first to stay in the room and use the bathroom.

I do stay at Premier Inn's quite alot and the staff are usually helpful, however I must say the lady on duty, whom's name I neglected to ask was extremelly attentive, polite and helpful wherever possible.

You do need to pay for parking at this Premier Inn and therefore need change for the machine. Alternatively you can call or text to pay for the parking. However if you are good with Apps you can download a very simple app which enables you to very quickly and easily pay on your phone, you will also be surprised how many other car parks charges can be paid via 'RingGo' rather than carrying change or rushing to a shop to get some.

If you do stay at this Premier Inn to visit the Xscape Centre please note there is an underpass to walk through which is only slightly under cover. I saw a few people trying to cross the main road with children and they were not finding it easy. If you come out of the Premier Inn Reception door and walk down the steps head left on the path, past the on sight pub and continue round the corner continue walking and up on your right near a raised flower border you will find the underpass.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Olga E, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for writing a review about your recent stay at our Premier Inn. I am happy to hear that your overall stay was good and you have enjoyed our great service and clean comfortable room. I am sorry to hear about your bathroom door lock being on and off a bit, but we have taken your feedback on board and it is now fixed.I am glad you had a great time at Xscape and as you rightly noticed we very close to all the local attractions like Xscape, shopping centre and restaurants. And if you are planning another trip to MK we will be happy to welcome you back again.
Kind Regards,
O Evans
Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

As expected this is quiet basic and the price is sometimes a bit high (varies quite a bit as MK is busy with business travellers mid-week)
But the reception staff are so friendly and clearly well trained. Well done Premier Inn on that one
The Quiet Zone concept is a good one too.

Room Tip: Upper floor - quiet zone
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Olga E, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time and writing your review about your stay at our Premier Inn. I am happy to hear that your overall stay was enjoyable and you have had a great service from our staff. Our team always strive to deliver a great service and level of welcome to all our guests and they will be glad to hear your comments. As for our pricing I can say we have a great value rooms available on our website premierinn.com and earlier you book the better price you get, as we have a dynamic price which changes depending on our occupancy.
So we hope to welcome you back in future and thank you for your feedback.
Kind Regards,
O Evans

Been to Premier Inn Milton Keynes Central? Share your experiences!