You added Campanile Hotel Milton Keynes - Fenny Stratford to your Saves list
Campanile Hotel Milton Keynes - Fenny Stratford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Penn Road off Watling | Stratford Bletchley, Milton Keynes MK2 2AU, England   |
Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Warning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hortel on many occassions, probably 50 plus nights altogether over the past few years. I stay at the hotel predominantly for its location across the road from a club i frequently visit.
However my latest stay was extreemly dissappointing to say the least. I had paid cash for my room and a few days later I discovered my bank account had been debited, illegally £100. After phoning the hotel I was advised that this was a fine for smoking in the room which i denied as neither of us smoked it the room and always smoke outside witnessed by staff and recorded on cctv. After emailing the hotel they eventually refunded the money but still will not back down on the allegation aand maintain that they have photographic evidence. This 'photographic evidence' they refuse to send to me. As i did not smoke in the room this evidence clearly does niot exist and this is just a try on to earn more revenue. This has happened to me previously at this hotel a few years ago and I am aware of other guests suffering the same fate, particularly members of the transgendered community that frequent the hotel and believe that the hotel and possibly the Campanile group feel they can target our community with a view to increasing revenue.
Having had little joy from the manager I will now be persuing this via haed office and the booking agent.
Please be aware of this hotel's behavour and check rooms thoroughly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 1 night on Saturday as we wanted to go to the club across the road.
I checked my bank on Monday and they took £69 for the room but then an extrs £100 too.
We called straight away and the reason they gave was 'smoking in the room' (no one smoked in the room!) and they said they had proof (they couldnt tell or show us this.. however if they checked the cameras they would see my fiancee going outside to smoke, no one smoking from the window and the smoke alarm not going off!). Additional they said the room couldn't be used for 2 days (firstly it had only been a day since we left and how much smoking would you have to do to cause that!?).
Oh and they weren't going to call the police this time (I called the police to report it and they said it's a civil matter and they wouldn't do anytime, surely a hotel company knows this so they were trying to scare us).

They've got no proof because we didn't even smoke so they basically stole it!
And then banned us.. we wouldn't even think about staying there again and they'll hearing from my solicitor soon!

• Stayed November 2013
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for quite a few months due to work. Staff very friendly and helpful. Price was good due to long term rate. Breakfast not bad but foreign chefs did things their way and not the way you wanted them too, apart from that the food ok. If your stopping the weekend and NOT going to the club over the road be prepared for a noisy night before and after the club.
Breakfast will open your eyes with the transgender/gay/lesbian folk in high heels and wigs attending breakfast. They are a lovely group of people and are just there to let their hair down and enjoy life. No trouble at all.
Big car park with cameras and easy to get to. Plenty of shops and pubs nearby. Would stay again if the price was right for sure. Did enjoy my time there.

• Stayed December 2012
Aylesbury, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel itself was clean, my room was clean but we booked a double room and only had one pillow. After a rather late night, me and a friend were sleeping in and the housekeeper must of came in about 4 times asking if we needed housekeeping, and sighed and moaned loudly when she noticed we were still in bed. Reception staff were polite enough, although because we are in early 20's, i think they expected us to make loads of noise so they made it very clear to us that it was a non smoking hotel.. something they didn't mention to the couple signing in just before us. So for this reason, i won't be returning until the housekeeping and the staff have some customer service training.

Room Tip: We had room 12 and it was very quiet, despite being disturbed multiple times by housekeeping!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night as we were attending a function nearby and we were a bit apprehensive as we had booked before we read the reviews and didn't really know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised, the room was very clean with TV, towels and hairdryer, the bed was comfortable and the linen clean. The staff were very efficient and and attentive and we had a friend moved closer to our room with the minimum of fuss. The cooked breakfast was superb, I have had worse breakfasts in 4 Star hotels. Overall we were very pleased with the standard of this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again if the need arose.

Room Tip: Ground floor Bletchley wing is very handy for the car park.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I like to push the boat out when I am going away for the weekend . However I sometimes work away from home in the week and when I do I try and find low cost places to stay. I was working in Milton Keynes and was very happy with the accommodation here. The nightclub over the road wasn't open the night I stayed so I cannot comment about the noise levels. Some rooms face the nightclub across the road so it may be worth requesting a room facing behind the hotel. Unlike some other reviews here I had a good nights sleep. The hotel manager booked me in and checked me out. I found him to be very friendly and efficient. Although I didn't eat here I thought the bar was comfortable with free wifi. My room and ensuite we're clean.
I am scoring this based on my needs for low cost work & business hotel

Room Tip: Avoid a room facing the nightclub across the road.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Crewe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed here several times, but only through the convenience of it being opposite the nightclub I was going to with friends.
The staff are very hot and cold - some are really welcoming and helpful, others are atrocious, The bar is pleasant enough (even if it never seems to have any change in the till) as is the restaurant, the rooms are adequate and usually clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Campanile Hotel Milton Keynes - Fenny Stratford? Share your experiences!