“Weekend break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Milton Keynes

Save Saved
You added Novotel Milton Keynes to your Saves list
Novotel Milton Keynes
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Saxson Street, Layburn Court Heelands, Milton Keynes MK13 7RA, England   |
Ranked #13 of 34 hotels in Milton Keynes
Chelmsford
“Weekend break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Spent 2 nights here with my mother and my sons aged 7 and 8. We stay regularly with Novotel in the UK and France as you know what you can expect - friendly staff (particularly Michael on reception), good food, a comfortable bed and for the kids a nice pool (where there is one) and the all important xbox which they're not allowed to have at home! We had a great time and the kids enjoyed using the pool although it was a little small and on Saturday around 5pm it was very crowded.(We were up at around 7.30am on both days and had the pool to ourselves...).
Breakfast on both mornings was efficient and offered a lot of variety. I take my hat off to the resilience of the waiting staff in the restaurant on Saturday night - trying to cope with a combination of a few kitchen errors, a big function going on elsewhere in the hotel and a number of other diners who appeared to be almost professional complainers would have finished me ! We also enjoyed people watching as we sat in the bar in the lobby while the boys played in the kids' corner.
The hotel has a large free carpark and once I had sussed out the MK grid system of roads, it was easy to get to Bletchley Park, the reason we'd come to MK in the first place. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your feedback and I am truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us. As you say, we have many facilities that lend themselves to keeping children busy and we understand that to keep the children happy is key to making a family stay a great one!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Milton Keynes in the future.

Stuart

588 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I thought that I might have found a reasonable hotel but how wrong was I. On check in I asked did I need reservation for dinner -- no came the reply. I arrived at the resturant to be greeted by a young waitress who advise we can not seat you we have a part of ten people yes ten people coming in and that is too many for us !! Eventually I was allowed in I ordered a simple thing pizza - my God I would not have taken it back to my room to feed to my dogs let alone eat it myself. Nobody was interested. The same morning at breakfast I had spilt some yoghurt on the little table mat guess what it was still at dinner. Very bad hotel stay at your peril.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Mr Webb

Again, many thanks for your feedback, and we have fuly taken your points onboard as a learning experience to improve the service we offer. I truly believe that the experience you had in our hotel does not reflect our usual high standards and that we generally offer a high standard of service throughout.

Kind Regards

Milano
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

When you book Novotel you cannot get it wrong! You know what to expect, and you are very rarely disappointed! In particular, Novotel in MIlton Keynes has great staff members, and a good choice of amenities. The location is not far from the city centre, still too far to walk to local restarants, such a those in "the Hub", so it is wise to have a car: there's plenty of parking (free)!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your kind words. I am truly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and wee look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Milton Keynes in the future.

England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Very clean, friendly service - good choice of amenities with a pool, sauna, gym.
Location is slightly odd in that its near to the centre, but not near enough to walk into on a night out but too short a taxi journey. There's a BP garage with shop opposite, and a pub 2 mins down the road.
There's also a park over the road if you happen to stay on a nice day.
Although i didn't eat on the restaurant, I would say £13 for breakfast is too steep.
Had a great night sleep, super dog friendly hotel and easy to drive to.

• Stayed June 2013
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your feedback. I am glad you found the hotel to be of a high standard overall and most importantly for a hotel- you had a good nights' sleep!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Milton Keynes for your next stay.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights at the hotel as we planed to visit Gulliver's world Milton Keynes. The hotel is very close to the Theme Park which meant we could have a good breakfast. The rooms are a bit dated but very clean. Staff are friendly and the hotel facilities are good. The pool area is small but we had a great time. Supper at hotel was tasty. However it's the same menu every night. Breakfast has everything you could ask for. Bar was well stocked and not to expensive on drinks. Price was cheaper than other hotels in the area per night. Would recommend to friends and family....

• Stayed June 2013
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest

I am truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us and as you say, we have a great location in regards to Gullivers World. I will pass your feedback to our team. Next time you come back we will be sure to have a new menu as we change this seasonally and are just about to launch our summer menu.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Whilst no one would claim this to be a "destination" hotel, it is surprisingly good considering its unpromising location on the edge of a dual carriageway. The decor is bright, modern and clean. Rooms are very comfortable and food is very good. Service in the restaurant was a bit slow at dinner time, but excellent children's meals - all freshly made and terrific value. Very close to Milton Keynes and Gullivers Land. As a place to flop and drop, you can't really beat it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your positive comments. As you say, our location is great in that it is very convenient in terms of access from both the motorway, but just a few minutes drive into central Milton Keynes.

We look forward o welcoming you back to Novotel Milton Keynes in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Helpful friendly staff. Good facilities. Child friendly. Good breakfast. About 5 mins drive from City centre. Booked two adjoining rooms with linked doorway. Plenty of parking.
would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your kind words. I am truly glad that you found all aspects of your stay positive, I will be sure to discuss your feedback to the team here which will serve as encouragement to them all.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Milton Keynes in the future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Novotel Milton Keynes? Share your experiences!