I booked four nights immediately before Christmas '12 but in the event my daughter stayed there instead; we dined there one night and I paid the bills.
The location is a bit unusual in suburban north Milton Keynes but is almost within walking distance of the centre - but not in bad weather. The dining experience was just fine: the restaurant was virtually empty and the staff attention to us was good so I cannot make a judgement about what it would be like when busy. My daughter enjoyed the breakfasts and thought there was some passion put into the eggs! She travels in Europe every week so has a lot of breakfast experiences to compare it with.
Her room was good.
1. The £7 daily charge for wifi access - the quality of this was rubbish, it was so slow which for a business customer would be dreadful. In fact, she wanted to work having brought her laptop but gave up.
2. Staying on after midday is charged at £10 per hour, we discovered, just before midday then after we had rushed to pack her up and get out, another member of staff said there was no £10 charge, so who is running the show?
3. Lack of supervision of the swimming pool. All pools need supervising please note and my daughter found rowdy guests (let's make the biggest splash etc) spoilt the relaxing experience. Bath robes and flip-flops are needed to get from pool to room as the changing space proved inadequate.
4. All front desk i.t. systems were u/s so no paper receipt.
Stay again? Maybe.
East side rooms face the 60mph Saxon Street over the car park but this should not too much of a prob...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I am delighted to read that our staff was looking after you during your stay. Regarding the shortcomings:
Report response as inappropriate
1. Internet: our WIFI access gives you the possibility to check emails and browse on websites. Heavy downloading are more challenging as the system is limited. We hope to get some upgrade coming soon.
2. £10 per hour after 12noon: Usually this is the charge applicable. I believe that the staff who told you that the charge can be waved was a Duty Manager and wanted to be helpful.
3. Supervision of the swimming pool: We do have processes in place which we fully comply with H&S requirements. I would recommend you to report to reception if other guests are making trouble in this area. The changing rooms give direct access to the pool and have free lockers where you can still store your personal belongings.
4. IT systems Out of Service: Our system went down for 2 days and this unfortunate incident is not controllable. We rely on computers in our days and I do apologize if you did not manage to get your invoice on departure. Please contact us at the hotel if you wish to receive a copy by email or mail.
Again many thanks for staying with us and I hope we will welcome you back soon at the Novotel Milton Keynes. Happy New year to you and all your family. Kind regards, Sylvain Lagier, Hotel Manager
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.