We stayed as a group of thirteen , we are members of a social club and this was a mystery trip.... I think if I had told them they were going to Milton Keynes they would almost all have said "Oh no ! " . The rooms we had were very clean , lovely décor and very comfortable . The hotel has a nice feel to it , rather unusual with a central atrium containing the bar and seating area. Those who had breakfast (they were given a £9.99 voucher) said it was very good (others in the party went around the corner to a pub for a value breakfast... , ) The pool was well received by those who used it . We found the staff pleasant and helpful throughout. We used the hotel as a base for a day visit to Oxford , just over an hour from the Rail station (easy to get to on a local bus) using the C5 express bus service . It was evident at the bus station that day-trip possibilities from MK are almost endless with good services to Northampton , Bedford and Leicester to name but a few , let alone Bletchley Park and a very good shopping centre across the road from The Holiday Inn. We all had a great time and one could see this hotel as a good base for many different types and sizes of groups , hopefully , like our party , coming away with a revised view of this very pleasant modern city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Milton Keynes is a spacious, purpose built city centre hotel, offering 166 bedrooms all with high speed internet access and 10 meeting/conference rooms. Xscape - the largest real snow indoor ski slope in Europe is just 10 minutes walk. Other local places of interest include, The National Bowl, Bletchley Park Station X, Woburn Abbey & Safari Park, Silverstone Circuit (home of the British Grand Prix), Milton Keynes Theatre & Milton Keynes indoor shopping centre The Centre: MK Millbrook Proving Ground is only 14 miles from the hotel, making us an ideal base for the DVD Event in June. Our special offers include our Woburn Safari Park, Whipsnade Zoo and New Ski packages. Spirit health club is available for guest s and member s, facilities include a fully equipped gym, steam room, male and female saunas and a heated indoor swimming pool. The Holiday Inn Milton Keynes is the ideal base to explore Central England with both Oxford and Cambridge within an hours drive. The M1 s junction 14 is only 10 minutes from the hotel. Milton Keynes Central Rail Station is only a 15 minute walk from the hotel and with 100 trains travelling between London and Milton Keynes everyday you can be in central London in as little as 40 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, IHG, BookIt.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Milton Keynes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Hotel Milton Keynes
- Milton Keynes Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Milton Keynes United Kingdom