“stayed for a week on business, I must say was pleasantly surprised.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Milton Keynes

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Cannock
“stayed for a week on business, I must say was pleasantly surprised.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here for a week (mon - fri) a couple of weeks ago whilst working down in MK, room was large and clean, smelt fine, although was a few stains on the net curtain. Leisure facilties were OK, gym was small but only used twice, pool was fine, quite nice to see the pool there in MK. Bar had a pleasant atmosphere, breakfast was good and they dealt with my requests at breakfast very well, (poached eggs on all but one morning). Hotel reception staff were polite and helpful. Will definitely be staying again. but as someother reviewer said theres not much competition down in MK but still well done holiday inn!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Wil69,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor,I had pleasure in reading you had a great stay with us. I will pass your comments on the hotel team at our daily meeting.

Thank you once again and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Wayne Bowring

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Durham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The hotel is in a great central location and has very pleasant public areas. We had an executive suite on the first floor with a balcony ( but no outdoor furniture!) and stayed with our daughter for two nights on what were probably some of the hottest days of the year. The room was for 3 but the sofa bed was not made up and there was only two sets of towels and two cups - not a great start!. On the second day when we returned to our room after being out, the beds had not been properly made up, dirty crockery had not been taken away and the blinds had not been closed - in spite of requesting this - and the room was intolerably hot, the air conditioning could not cope with the high temperature. Extra fans did not help either. We did complain and a manager came to see us but the sloppy housekeeping took the edge off what should have been a very good stay.
I am a priority member with the ICH group but just lately there have been a few issues with their hotels, I am seriously wondering if a change of brand may be the way forward. It would be a shame!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Swissball,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, Please accept my apologies for the elements of your stay that were not to your satisfaction. It is certainly disappointing to read that we did not deliver on a truly great guest experience. I along with the hotel management team review all guest comments to ensure we can rectify any shortcoming that are experienced so please be assured we will increase our efforts to deliver our goal in our goal in providing great guest experiences and satisfaction.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Holiday Inn is a good business hotel for staying in Milton Keynes. Parking was barriered but free. WiFI is available but not free (will be next year for IHG loyalty club holders). This is not a boutique hotel by any means. The rooms are very nice but are standard business style. The rooms are massive though, and the bed provides a good sleep. There is a range of pillows available. My room looked into the inner courtyard which was a nice view. Recommend for business stays in Milton Keynes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear masterofninja,

Thank you for your comments on Trip advisor. I was pleased to read that you have a great stay with us, I have today passed your comments on to the team at Milton Keynes who were also thrilled to hear this.

Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent service from front desk staff, Breakfast early from 06:00 am which is a surprise and food excellent also. We were offered a discount all on eight of us having breakfast which we gladly accepted. Clean rooms and well designed layout as hotels go. Will probably be booking for next year, so please keep it up.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear mikebayliss.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor, I was delighted to read you had a great stay with us, and I have today passed your comments onto the wider hotel team who were delighted to hear this.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I booked up this hotel through booking.com, in late 2012 after buying tickets for the Moto GP. We were surprised by the price which was £114 for 2 nights, this is relatively cheap considering it is the Moto GP weekend. However there was a bit of a blip and the hotel took £55 from my account when I initially booked, which is against the premise of booking.com where you pay when you arrive at your hotel. However, I complained to holiday inn about this and my complaint was dealt with within a day and I was upgraded to an executive room and given free breakfast for my two night stay, which I thought was very generous.

However both mornings we went for breakfast we were told we had to pay and it was not included in our stay which meant I had to rake the email out of my bag confirming the complimentary breakfast and show this to the waiting staff, a bit embarrassing. Nonetheless breakfast was excellent, plenty choice and the food was delicious.

The room was very comfortable particulary the bed. The staff were pleasant but the bar and the parking we felt was a bit of a rip off. The hotel charges you to park in their car park which I feel is unfair and unnecessary. We visited the bar and ordered a small tea and a small latte which cost £6.35 this was excessive to say the least.

All in all a pleasant stay and pleasant staff, I do recommend they scrap the parking charge as I feel this is unnecessary and excessive, you should not have to pay to park in the hotel which you are paying to stay in.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Katezxx,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review to the TripAdvisor community. I was disappointed to read that some of the elements of your stay were not to your satisfaction, I have passed your comments onto the relevant Managers to look into the issues you raised to ensure these do not arise in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have recently returned from a two night stay.hotel located opposite shopping centre which was handy and close to quite a few bars and eateries.staff very pleasant and helpful on check in. Hotel very clean and nice interior design. Lovely room.very clean. Breakfast excellent.would happily stay again

• Stayed August 2013
Dear alli207,

Thank you for our comments on Trip Advisor, I was pleased to read you had a enjoyable stay with us and I have passed your comments onto the team at the hotel.

Leicestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here on a Sunday and Monday night in August. Overall a pleasant stay. Hotel is modern and bright and has the feel of an airport atrium style hotel. I can’t comment on the food but the breakfast certainly looked fresh and appetising. The only real issue was with the bar. It closed early on the Sunday and the duty manager had to re- open. The Stella ran out on the Monday and I was informed the barrel couldn’t be changed as the staff didn’t have the cellar key! This wasn’t really an issue as there are plenty of bars nearby but it did strike me as a slightly odd set up in an international brand four star hotel. Staff were nonetheless pleasant and professional.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Bristol-City-Peter

Thank you for taking the time to post a review to the TripAdvisor community. Please accept my apologies for the elements of your stay that were not to your satisfaction. It is certainly disappointing to read that we did not deliver on a truly great guest experience in all areas.

I along with the hotel management team review all guest comments to ensure we can rectify any shortcoming that are experienced.

Wayne Bowring

Been to Holiday Inn Milton Keynes? Share your experiences!