“excellent for shopping” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“excellent for shopping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were going to a wedding in Leighton Buzzard and could have stayed at the hotel in Dunstable where the reception was held but we used to live in Buckinghamshire - now in Lincolnshire- and knew all about the wonders of the MK shopping centre, and The Holiday Inn is a two minute walk away. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the breakfasts were adequate. However, it would benefit from more parking spaces. I did use the swimming pool on one occasion but it was, disappointingly, not very clean and the showers, although hot, had someone's hair clogging up the drain - so glad I remembered my flip flops - so not up the standard of the hotel. The shopping experience was great and I realised how much I had missed the MK Centre.

Room Tip: We booked quite close to the date of travel and had a really good deal. The rooms, although facing...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Northamptonshire,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, regarding your comments on our Health Club I have passed them onto the appropriate Manager who will ensure that the points you raised with be actioned.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Regards
Wayne Bowring

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Workington, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Excellent hotel, very comfortable, large room, clean bathroom, could have done with better ventilation. Gym was very well equipped and the pool was also clean and nice to swim in. The bar was extremely expensive for example £6.50 for a glass of wine...breakfast was good and the restaurant area clean and well stocked! Directly opposite Mid Summer Place shopping centre...making it an ideal hotel for shopaholics.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear HeatherA

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor, I was pleased to read you had a enjoyable stay with us I will pass you comments onto the hotel team at our daily meeting.

Thank you once again and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future

Regards
Wayne Bowring
wordsley,stourbridge.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have for many years thought about going to Bletchley Park ( world war two code breaker centre) and so we booked the Holiday Inn. Beautifull rooms, free swimming pool and fitness centre and good parking. We fully recommend this Hotel as it just over the road from the main shopping centre.

Also we would recommend a visit to Bletchley Park its only a couple of miles away and is a fantastic place and you need to spend a whole day there to fully appreciate the surroundings.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Adav43,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel and a trip to the excellent Bletchley Park it is one of those fascinating places which is well worth a visit if in the area.

Your comments will be shared with the whole hotel team you will also be pleased you had a great stay.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and Milton Keynes in the near future.

UK, essex
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed for one night. The hotel is located nicely 5 minutes walk from Milton keynes central. it wasy to find. Checkin was a little trouble some. You enter the large reception area, which is clean and tidy, free newspaper if wanted, but the checked me in to an "easy accessible" room so everything was at waist height. I never understand this, I dont need a room like this, i would much prefer a regular room and why would you give away this type of room when someone may need this, back to reception to easily be changed! So they had the rooms available. The room is typical, spacious, clean and tidy but very boring. TV, Tea and Coffee, no stocked mini bar, bland bathroom with bath and shower curtain, air con which really didnt work well so had teh window open, no great view but no noise from traffic, all for £144 night but yet normal room rate over £200 which really is not good value for money. The hotel bar was behind reception, lifeless and I didnt use the restuarant or facilities so cant comment. No free wifi, a car park that had a barrier so not sure if you need to pay. I left a breakfast card on the door at 11.45pm as I need to rush in the money so ordered for 7.45am, no breakfast by 8.05am so decided to leave to find the card stil on the door even though you can leave this out anytime before 1am! So on check out instead I was given a takeaway breakfast free of charge, lady was very apologetic, but it was a lame takeway. (When i checked in the guy tries to sell you a discounted breakfast voucher non-refundable...) thats the first I have heard of that. Just poorly managed hotel, average state and over priced.

Dear dragek

Tank you for your review.

I have read your comments with interest and of course would alway look at areas where we can improve our guest satisfaction. I hope you can see from the majority of reviews by fellow members of the TripAdvisor community on the whole we receive very positive feedback and I am disappointed that you did not feel that this was the case on your visit to the hotel.

It is my goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to me. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables me to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I appreciate the candid feedback I receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with me and if I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me. I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn Milton Keynes for your future travel needs.

Best Wishes

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Good hotel with best location in MK town centre
Parking is available but don't be late as it can fill up easily - over zealous MK parking charges are expensive if you don't get a space.
Free WIFI us available if you ask.
BUT... Restaurant Menu has been DESTROYED since May 2013 - what are H.I. thinking!!!
Choice is very very poor, presentation is very very poor. Restaurant is now a ghost town and restaurant staff are completely demotivated and its not their fault - SORT IT OUT HOLIDAY INN

Dear Steve N

Thank you for posting a review.

I am disappointed that you found the current trial of a new menu option disappointing as over the last 18 months we have worked hard with our guests to understand their dining preferences to develop a menu and options that meet the needs of the Holiday Inn Traveller.

AS this is a trial your comments are important and will be reviewed with the others we have received to form part of the feedback on the future menu developments. "The Kitchen" which is the name of the concept is about delivering food using quality ingredients in a more relaxed and less cluttered environment to enable the guest to feel comfortable with food that is tasty and enjoayble.

Our initial internal guest satisfaction scores have seen improvements with the guest satisfaction in these new menu options and also the team feedback has also been positive so I will certainly ensure we solicit further to ensure we have a complete picture of how the trial was received.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Durham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have stayed here regularly for the last six years but now feel the need to look at other hotels in the area. The prices have increased quite a bit and I no longer receive PC points as my organisation forces me to use an agent. The food menu has changed recently and now has very little choice in both the restaurant and room service. The burgers used to be home made, chunky and very juicy with lots of topping. Now they are like cheap frozen burgers. This is just one example of the menu change.

I feel I could get so much more for the price at other hotels. Therefore, my next two stays are at the Mercure Abbey in MK.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear SueldocDurham,

Thank you for posting a review.

I am disappointed that you found the current trial of a new menu option disappointing as we have worked hard with our guests to understand their dining preferences to develop a menu and options that meet the needs of the Holiday Inn Traveller. The "Burger" dish is now made with a quality handmade Angus Beefburger and is a far better quality product than the previous option. The toppings have been reduced in line with menu reviews however if you have any preference then please let the team know and I an sure they will do their best to provide these for you.

Regarding the loyalty points you are still eligible to receive these as long as you provide your membership number this can be added to your booking as long as your organisation allows you to be part of our Loyalty Reward scheme. If you have any questions on this please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel and I will be able to look into this further.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post a review and I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Shocking to see that the hotel has changed it's menus to trial a new one, its awful and even the staff are saying the same.. Very little choice and if you a veggie, then you better get ready for almost no choice at all.
The menu is badly laid out and just looks like a poor bar menu
It's made my mind up to change hotels when staying in MK now..
Well done holiday inn, you getting better at pushing away members

Dear Paulvistshotels,

Thank you for posting a review.

Our initial internal guest satisfaction scores have seen improvements with the guest satisfaction in these new menu options and I am realistic that we are not able to meet everyone's dining preference which is fortunate, given our great central location, as you point out the other restaurant options available in the area.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Wayne Bowring - General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Milton Keynes? Share your experiences!