“Couldn't fault it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 34 hotels in Milton Keynes
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Couldn't fault it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here to celebrate a friends birthday and it turned out to be a perfect choice.

Check in/out was very efficient
We stayed on the 4th floor in a standard double.
The rooms were very spacious, clean, nice big tv, comfy bed (although a little on the small side), coffee/tea making facilities and biscuits. The bathroom was nice and clean with a good shower with decent water pressure.

Very well located being a short walk to the bars, xscape and shopping centres.

All the staff were very helpful and pleasant especially the gentleman on the night shift - he never stopped smiling.

Great hotel, location and staff that couldn't be faulted, will definitely be back

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear joolz-n-vinny

Thank you for taking the time to post a review to the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to read that you had such a great stay and I will share your comments with the hotel team at our morning meeting today who were equally thrilled to read your comments.

Thank you once again and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future

Wayne Bowring

397 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

we received an excellent check in by the reservation clerk, and given a very clean, quiet room on the first floor, even though we had arrived early to take advantage of the shopping opposite the hotel. we ate dinner in the restaurant, good food and wine choices. the service was attentive, and friendly, and the atmosphere in the restaurant relaxing, and the food very good. breakfast was excellent, lots of choices, again an excellent well led restaurant team, there was also the breakfast chef on hand to cook porridge, poached eggs to order. it was a very slick operation. checked out by Ross who was very polite and attentive and deserves to be nominated for employee of the month. thank you HI milton keynes, we wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
South Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Its does what it says on the tin! A typically modern holiday inn change hotel. Excellent location for central Milton Keynes, close to shops and entertainment venues. The staff were cheerful and very helpful, check-in was efficient. The room was clean and comfortable, the only thing missing was somewhere to rest / unpack your suitcase. The pool and leisure facilities were nice. My only real complaint is the complete rip off when it comes to wifi, lots of hotels offer this for free where as holiday inn still charge you through the nose!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear DPD Swansea
Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor I was pleased to read you had a good stay with us, and I will sharing your comments with the team at our daily meeting.

Regarding your Wifi Wifi Over the last few years we've invested heavily in providing our guests with super high speed, secure internet.
Technically, what sets us apart is the amount of bandwidth each hotel enjoys. So, unlike a basic broadband connection, we're able to guarantee excellent speed, not just for a few of our guests, but for hundreds.
In addition we offer 24/7 technical support should you require any assistance. To make all this possible we do need to apply a sensible charge for internet use.
We value and appreciate your comments and we are currently looking at how we meet all our guests expectations on the quality and price of internet’.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

lax
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

After working a long day, arrived at the HI MK to find out they were overbooked. (I wonder what a reservation is for then? It's not like MK is a hot spot). We were put up for free in the Jurys Inn just down the street -- although if it had not been so cold out, staying in the car would have been more comfortable. Received an apology in writing from the reservations agent (with typos).

We were able to check in the next day and the stream of people after us received the "Sorry we have overbooked..." so if you plan on staying here, I suspect you need to check in earlyish.

The room and the hotel itself was quite nice. Took 45 minutes for the room to be comfortable in temperature. I actually had to wear my robe to bed. My fellow traveler said his room was super hot. Nicely decorated and reasonably spacious although the bathroom had less than zero charm.

15 pounds for breakfast was a bit insulting. They were supposed to remove the Internet fees from the bill, but failed to do so -- another 10 minutes at the front desk fiddling.

So, if you have a room, get there early and turn on the heat as soon as you arrive. If I were to visit MK again, I would prefer not to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Paul158,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced as we were unable to honour your reservation.

Unfortunately, there are times when a hotel is unable to honour a reservation due to unexpected stay-overs or other situations that may arise. When this occurs, it is our company policy, and our “Reservation Guarantee,” to locate equivalent alternative accommodations as well as pay for your room charge for the first night. I am very sorry you were placed in such a situation and am glad our guarantee was honoured.

Your experience enables me to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I appreciate the candid feedback I receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with me. I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn Milton Keynes for your future travel needs.

Yours sincerely,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We booked this overnight stay using hotewire so the value for money was good. The hotel was clean and had good amenities and overall a good place for an overnight stay.

We did find the walls very thin so we heard everyone coming and going and the room next door seemed to have a late night drinking which made for a restless night. I also found the heating was either on or off, no in-between because there was no thermostat. These 2 things were the reason we did not give a 4 overall rating.

The staff were very helpful when we asked for advice on what to do for the day and at checkin.

• Stayed January 2013
I-want-to-know-why, Hotel Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Flattj

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations at a good value. I'm sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to improve the quality and services we offer.

Simon Harman - Hotel Operations Manager
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is our second return visit to the Holiday Inn, Milton Keynes for a theatre weekend away. The hotel's central location to the main MK shopping centre is fantastic. The hotel is excellent, we stayed in an executive room as a family of 4 with the children sleeping in the sofa bed. The staff are really friendly. Breakfast on Sunday morning was absolutely fantastic (it had everything you could have wanted). We used the health club with a morning swim - which was fine although it is getting a little tried looking.

Only gripe is that our double bed was far too soft which did disturb our night's sleep and the cost of the WiFi access which I decided not too use when I put our room number in to access it when I saw the price. I then discovered the morning we were leaving (too late) that WiFi was included free of charge with executive rooms - pity we weren't told when we booked in!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Paul C

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Its always great to see reviews from our returning guests.

Please accept my apologies for the elements of your stay that were not to your satisfaction. It is certainly disappointing to read that we did not deliver on a truly great guest experience. I along with the hotel management team review all guest comments to ensure we can rectify any shortcoming that are experienced so please be assured we will increase our efforts to deliver our goal in our goal in providing great guest experiences and satisfaction.

Once again please accept my apologies and if I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Simon Harman - Hotel Operations Manager
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stay here a lot as the company I work for has only 2 hotels in Milton Keynes on their approved list. Unfortunately this is the nearest to the customer`s office. I used to stay in Nottingham a lot and the Holiday Inn there was £55 with our company discount. The MK one ranges from £116 to £168 for a standard room with no breakfast!
I have had several rooms that smell of smoke. Apparently the smoke alarms are easy to disable! Very worrying!
Last week I was charged £50 for telling the hotel I was not staying my last night at 8am. I have never had to pay a penalty at any other hotel. I stayed at the Hilton in MK the week before and did exactly the same with no fee. Watch out!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear holidaysitebuilder,

Thank you for posting a review on the TripAdvisor site.

I am interested to read your concerns and of course I am disappointed that your overall experience at the hotel was not to your satisfaction. Given the positive number of comments we receive I am confident this is an isolated experience. If you wish to discuss these further then please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Once again I appreciate your comments and I know you have many choices when it comes to hotels in the area and hope you will stay with us again on your future visits to Milton Keynes.

Best Wishes and Regards

Wayne Bowring - General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Milton Keynes? Share your experiences!