“The Betsey Winner” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #133 of 402 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: new, award-winning country village oub and restaurant
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“The Betsey Winner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My second visit here - but the first for food. And I wasn't disappointed. A traditional roast with all the trimmings - plus a couple of extra Yorkshire puds after Jan, the more formidable of the management duo, thought I looked greedy. Expensive by local standards but I guess you get what you pay for. Good beer choice and beautifully-designed building. As Arnie said...I'll be back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Watford, United Kingdom
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had Sunday Lunch here today, and it was one of the best I have had. I visited with my family and everyone's tastes were catered for. Good quality food and service from Jan and Kevin, the owners. It was more than we would usually pay for a Sunday lunch, but was certainly worth the money. We will be returning.

Visited May 2013
Sandy
“Enjoyed the meal but a little pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stopped at this pub on our way back from collecting an old car on a trailer. It was late lunchtime and we were deligted to find somewhere still open and with a car-park big enough (late on a weekday lunchtime anyway !) to take the trailer.
The food was excellent and the atmosphere good despite few dinersa being at the tables.
The price was perhaps a little high to our mind because this was a "drop-in" lunch. The same prices paid for a special evening would be acceptable.
We took a card with us and would go again if in the area.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leighton Buzzard
“Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I took my elderly parents here for a birthday special night out. This gastro pub did not dissapoint, it was an excellent meal and it was presented as good as any five star restaurant. We had duck breast with plum sauce and one had lamb. The duck was cooked as requested and the plum sauce with an actual plum in it is divine.The desserts are to die for and the wine is reasonably priced. I have eaten in some top notch restaurants in my time and the food in this place is right up there with the best. The nice thing about this restaurant is that you get good local smiley service to go with it and you feel relaxed. I always feel uncomfortable when someone in a penguin suit and a silver tray keeps fussing around. 10/10 Betsey staff! We will return.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“overpriced but great gardens”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

i love the look of the Betsey Wynne - lots of character and a beautiful garden. however, i think the food is over priced for what they offer

Visited July 2012