“One Night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
UK, United Kingdom
“One Night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Good for meeting and dining. Very accomodating staff in the Dining room and Bar. Good food at Dinner and breakfast. Would definetly use again for a family get together. The room was showing signs of being a little tired with decoration and fittings.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Clive R

Thank you for your very kind comments on your Trip Advisor review. I was delighted to hear that you found our staff and service good. You may also like to know that we are upgrading our rooms over the coming few months, in order to meet our guests expectations.

Kind Regards
Ahmet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

2.30 am room change because staff will not deal with noisy offenders. Its wrong when you are the injured party and have a meeting the following day. Staff don't listen! at reception or in the breakfast restaurant pay Hilton prices and below average experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Simon C

I was sorry to hear that you suffered some disturbance from other less considerate residents. I have spent considerable time with my Night Team in order that we respond to such matters more effectively and efficiently. Please accept my apologies for the service you received on this occasion as it is only by receiving feedback such as yours that we can improve and ensure that the guest experience is great on every stay.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The first room we were given had a toilet that would not flush, when we tried to ring reception both phones in the room were not working, so we had to trail back to reception for another room.
We had to wait nearly an hour in a cold dining room for dinner, bread rolls were stale, steak knife that was brought out was dirty, and then the pork loin was tough and dried out. However we were not charged for the food.
Staff were very polite and helpful, but worse hotel we have stayed at

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Kim D

Thank you for your review. I was concerned to hear that you encountered a room move during your stay. Smoking is strictly banned from the hotel, and I can only apologise that the previous occupants did not adhere to our strict rules. However, I was pleased to hear that we were able to rectify the shortcomings you reported, in particular with your disappointment at dinner.

Should you wish to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will personally ensure that we meet your expectations next time.

Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

On arrival at 5pm we found that one of our 3 bedrooms reeked of smoke. It was changed immediately with due apologies.

The 2nd floor corridor was a sea of dirty plates and glasses, They were quickly cleared when requested - again with apologies and an explanation that there had been a large party the night before!

The Reception staff were very helpful and the welcome and service at breakfast was very good indeed.

Breakfast at 08.45 was fine apart from the absence of fried eggs for a few minutes, and the most unappetising looking, and tasting, bacon stuck together and swimming in liquid.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Essex Richard

Thank you for your review. I was pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay here and found our dedicated team welcoming and helpful. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and I am delighted that this was noted. I have shared your comments with regard to the breakfast with the head chef and he will make appropriate changes in order to ensure that all buffet items are prepared and served in a timely manner and are of the highest quality.

Charlotte, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Although the Hilton brand name is affixed to this property, it is nowhere near Hilton standards. The hotel has not been updated, the rooms are poorly lit, the HVAC has one setting that's locked by the hotel, service is slow and no one at the property seems to really care.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jim B

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Your feedback and loyalty are important to us, and I would have been more than happy to meet with you whilst you were at the hotel, in order to ensure that your stay was a good one. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment you encountered and you may be interested to hear that we are making lots of improvements to our rooms and bathrooms, in order that we meet our guests expectations on every visit. We like to see all our guests leave our hotel happy, and I do hope that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel at some time in the future, and show you the difference we are making to our rooms. I was surprise to hear that you felt we are not centrally situated. We are a 5 minute taxi ride away from 2 motorway junctions, the railway station and the city centre, and should you book another stay with us, our dedicated team will be only too happy to assist with any enquiries about the local area and amenities.

It is only by receiving feedback such as yours that we can improve on our service and standards, so thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back at some time in the future.

Colchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was firstly shocked at the price, but then hoped that this was not to be one of the poorer Hiltons. Unfortunately it turned out to be worse. I strongly object to my company paying 5* prices and getting zero star service. Firstly reception failed to mention that the exorbitant price did not include breakfast, or internet, or that breakfast was £5 cheaper if I paid at reception - which I found out by accident.

The restaurant staff forgot to bring the wine and then argued that we hadn't ordered any, presumably sulking they then dumped the bottle on the table and left us to open and pour it.

My dinner arrived smothered in mustard sauce which I had specifically asked to be left off. When returned very quickly (too quickly for it to have been re-cooked) it was burnt and dried out, not wishing to spoil the meal for my colleagues I ate what I could. No-one troubled to ask if our meal was OK.

When we declined a desert we were promptly presented with the bill, obviously coffee was too much trouble and we were being rushed from the table.

I had to wait five minutes to be seated at breakfast, even though there was only one person in front of me. However the breakfast was reasonable.

Overpriced, poorly maintained and undertrained, off hand staff.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Neil M

Thank you for providing feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. I was concerned to hear about your experience, and following your comments I have spent considerable time with my Food and Beverage Manager, in order that the experience you described does not recur. I do hope that this unfortunate incident will not deter you from visiting us again. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service at Hilton Milton Keynes, and please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to visit us again, and I will personally ensure that you are looked after.

Taunton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in the last few days. Very disappointing. It was my birthday treat along with a visit to Bletchley Park. Having stayed in a Hilton Hotel many times in the past we thought we would have the same wonderful experience. WRONG. This hotel is very very tired and need a complete refurbishment.
Reception:- the counter was full of scratches, peeling varnish and generally untidy. Carpets full of dirty stains / marks.
Lift:- Carpet filthy dirty and walls in need of cleaning
Corridor :- The whole length of the corridor to our room had dirty marks on the walls and the carpet had stains and marks.
Our Room:- Terribly outdated. needs a complete refurbishment. Bathroom :- grubby, taps marked and scratched. Broken lino and the floor had sunk near the toilet.

On the plus side the staff were very helpful and the food was very good.
Note of caution, double and triple check your bill at checkout. Ours was completely wrong. We had a one night stay and according to the bill we had eaten about 5 meals and drunk enough to sink a ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Richard_bentail

I was sorry to hear of your poor experience on your recent stay at the hotel. I will ensure that the issues you described are addressed and rectified. I have also passed on your comments to our Central Reservations Team in order that your booking confirmation details can be checked against their system.

We are at the moment, undergoing many improvements to our bedrooms and bathrooms and our newly upgraded rooms should be ready soon.

I do hope that this unfortunate incident will not deter you from visiting us again in the future. You will be made most welcome next time, and please do not hesitate to contact me ahead of your next stay and I will personally ensure that we meet your expectations and complete satisfaction.

Ahmet

Been to Hilton Milton Keynes? Share your experiences!