“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The only problem I had here was that the bathtub filled up when I was having a shower...and there was a huge spider in the bathtub when I arrived! Other than that, the room was nice, breakfast was good, staff seemed nice. I would probably go back if prices were cheaper!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Wajeeha M

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback, following your stay at Hilton Milton Keynes. I was pleased to hear that you had a nice room and enjoyed your breakfast experience.

I have shared your comments with regard to the bathroom with my Head Housekeeper, who joins me in apologising, and will apply corrective action with her team, in order to ensure that this does not recur for future stays.

You can always find the best preferential rates and deals by visiting the Hilton website, and I look forward to welcoming you back at some time in the future.

Regards
Ahmet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Polish first
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I arrived at hilton milton keynes at 8:00pm to check in, i was greeted by an icredibly smiley girl called charlie after speaking to her for several minutes it became apparent to me she was incredibly fake, she seemed to be alone on shift, after i checked in i went to my room when i came back down to ask for some water charlie was incredibly rude saying that it wasnt receptions job i had to go to the bar!!! She then continued to give me horrible looks throught my stay in the bar, i went to bed irritated this child as i can only describe her needs the chip knocking off her shoulder, however the next morning i was greeted by recptionist rebecca she was the complete opposite she was very kind and i felt like she genuinely was interested in me, she was extremely helpful with directions and other queries i had, rebecca is a credit to this hotel and if she had been on reception the night previous i probably would have enjoyed my stay a lot more.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Joe S

Thank you for your review and I have passed your kind comments on to Rebecca, which have been gratefully received.

I was sorry to hear that your check in experience was not as it should be, and I have shared your comments with my newly appointed Front Office Manager, who joins me in apologising on this occasion.

I am confident that should you visit Milton Keynes in the future, your next stay will be a pleasurable one, and if there is anything else I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Ballywalter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very tired looking more like a travelodge. This hotel does not comply with exacting Hilton standards or even a basic b and b. Chair in dining room nearly collapsed on me (worn out furniture) and I'm not that heavy at 12 stone - got a member of staff to remove. Rooms have no air conditioning (surely this is a standard fixture in even the most basic of hotels?)
Health and safety issues - the hot water taps in bedrooms discharge water at what must be nearly boiling point temperature - surely you are bound by law not to exceed 45 degrees and have thermostatic controls like the arcane shower? Suggest kids be warned of dangers. Finally having required the bathroom in middle of night, I tripped up on the dangerous raised (estimate 2 inch height) door threshold that separates the bathroom from the bedroom - this is suicidal and surely only a matter of time before someone trips and gets seriously injured - no signage to warn guests of the serious risk. Surely you have a duty of care to protect your guests rather than expose them to danger. I was on 2nd floor. Food is expensive -Hilton prices - £7 for apple tart. Major works and refurbishment required before there's a claim around the corner for scalding or tripping up in bathroom.

• Stayed August 2013
Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear archifrew

Thank you for providing your comments via Trip Advisor, following your recent stay. I was most concerned to hear about the dining chair in the Restaurant, but pleased that immediate action took place to replace this. Please accept my sincere apologies for the problem this caused. Unfortuntely as with many other hotels in the UK, we do not have air conditioning in our bedrooms and I am sorry that the recent spell of hot weather, caused some discomfort and the use of the fan was inadequate.

With regard to the bathroom, I am sorry to hear that you were concerned with the temperature of the hot water supply. Contrary to your statement, it is in fact necessary to ensure that hot water is at least 50°C to prohibit the growth of legionella bacteria. Nonetheless, I will certainly ask the maintenance manager to monitor the temperature of water in the room you stayed in, as it is equally important to ensure scalding is not possible. With regard to the door threshold, it is a standard design feature of hotel bathrooms to prevent any water reaching and damaging carpets. The threshold is designed in a contrasting colour to ensure visibility and I hope that these points address your concerns.

I am happy to report that we are undergoing a refurbishment programme where many of our bathrooms are undergoing improvements and enhancements such as new taps, fitments and decoration. This will continue into 2014, and I do hope that you will visit us again at some time in the future to experience the improvements to our product.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel is set in a very pleasant location and the grounds, car park, and facilities are great. very friendly staff always ready to have a chat and make you feel at home. As a family of four the queen junior bedroom suite was more than adequate with large bathroom. Stay here and enjoy nearby Woburn Safari Park and Gulivers Land.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Wajid M

It was lovely to hear that you enjoyed your Hilton Milton Keynes experience and it was a pleasure to have welcomed you and your family to the hotel.

With our free car park and pleasant location, it is great to be able to share our facilities in order to assure our guests have a comfortable, convenient and pleasant stay with us.

Thank you for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Surrey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our friends daughter held her wedding reception at the hotel. It was excellent and staff were wonderful. the whole experience was great. Their made her day very special She was greet with a red carpet and glasses of wine.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sue K

How lovely to hear that you had a fantastic day at the wedding at our hotel. I understand that the bride really enjoyed her special day, and we were proud to be part of that.

I do hope that you will visit us again at some time in the future, whether it be a relaxing weekend break, or a visit to friends in the area. You can always be sure of a very warm welcome here.

Swindon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on 4 previous occasions, always greeted with welcome back Hilton Honours and received a welcome pack. This time no welcome and no welcome pack, when I asked about Hilton Honours welcome pack I was advised I am only a Blue Member and they have now changed their rules, Felt as welcome as a Plague of Locusts at harvesting time and belittling. Then had to ask about Newspaper and told Oh yes you can have a courtesy one, not the greatest of starts, booked an evening meal but it seemed dis organised, no chit chat from the staff to ask how you are and no atmosphere, there was a member of staff going around and seemed to be checking the servers, a bit off putting for me not sure how the staff felt... different at breakfast staff more energized and efficient, there was one member called David who tried very hard. This Hilton need to be more customer focused, not sure what has gone wrong with this hotel but it needs to re instate it's previous best.
Room was very good and spacious, looks like it's been refurbished, plus side it had sky sports on television (unusual) well done.
I tried to upgrade on their website because it was our 39th anniversary but their website does not work, every time I went in it said need to try later.
Looks like I've had a good moan but Hilton have been trying to upgrade their standards throughout their chain unfortunately this one fell below their STANDARDS.
It was good value for money.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice, just ask for the refurbished ones.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael N

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. I will certainly pass your comments on to our Senior Brand Initiatives team, with regard to the changes in benefits for our valued Hilton Honors members. The hotel has undergone a few major changes over the past few months, and as newly appointed Hotel Manager, I will make it my absolute priority to ensure that the Hilton standards are maintained in order that we exceed our guests expectations on every stay.

We have a great team here at Hilton Milton Keynes and have just welcomed a new Food and Beverage Manager, who will make it his priority to ensure that the great breakfast service you enjoyed, includes all dining experiences.

We all look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit and I'm confident that you will find everything fantastic!

Cambs, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Manager was most helpful, assisting at check in, helped get room ready as I had a meeting (conference call) that afternoon so i was able to get in the room earlier, dinner at night was superb , we had the £19.95 3 course deal. Breakfast was good, the seating, service, choice. We were upgraded to a room with a balcony, lovely clean room, spacious, the only downside was the lumpy bed which i think needs replacing. Great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Vivienne B

I was pleased to hear your comments about our hotel and dining experience and delighted that you found our rooms to your liking. We recently took delivery of a number of new beds, so I will check that all have been placed in the correct areas.

Thank you for your review, and I very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ahmet

Been to Hilton Milton Keynes? Share your experiences!