“Staff are attentive and friendly but the hotel needs to address maintenance issues. Bar and Restaurant a bit pricey!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Milton Keynes

Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Location is perfect for Woburn and Bletchley. Rooms were spacious and linen was clean but we had to move rooms twice due to maintenance issues, although staff were attentive and quick to respond to our problems. Hot breakfast was very good and they also had a good 'healthy' selection. Dinner menu a bit pricey but food was good. Waiting staff friendly and very helpful. Restaurant, bar and communal areas were very cold so take some warm clothes. Overall a nice hotel in a convenient location but needing a few improvements to the overall condition of the rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear RustyRain

Thank you for your review of our hotel, and I was pleased that you found our staff friendly and helpful.

I was sorry to hear that you experience a few maintenance problems during your stay, but happy that we were able to accommodate your all your requests and expectations. I have passed your kind comment regarding the food to our Head Chef, which were gratefully received.

We do have an ongoing refurbishment programme at the hotel and many of our rooms and areas have already undergone improvement and enhancements, and I do hope that you will return to experience this.

Regards
Prasoon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Polish first
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

If you like Hilton Hotels, then this will be perfect for you. A small shop selling 'concrete cows' is the only clue about the location once you enter the hotel- aside from that, you could be anywhere in the world. The hotel was clean, the room was spacious and the staff were friendly. The only thing that let the hotel down was the dinner, which was extremely bland considering the cost. The breakfast was self service and there was plenty to choose from. It is a great location especially if you are visiting the Open University (just across the roundabout) and I would stay there again- though I might go elsewhere for dinner next time.

Dear Scoxon

Thank you for your review onTripAdvisor.

I was pleased to hear that you enjoy Hilton Hotels and that our location and staff were perfect for your stay. I have passed your comments regarding your meal to my Head Chef, in order that we meet your expectations next time.

I hope to see you back here soon.

Gosport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Staff were fabulous but;

WiFi is very weak and you're not able to pick it up in the room. Even if you can, you have to pay for it. You do get an hour free in the lobby.

In the room there is one power socket you can use and that's hidden behind the TV. If you have a phone or hairdryer plugged in, you can't iron at the same time!

The shower fitting came off in my hand and the general cleanliness was very poor. I was on the ground floor and there was a big hole in the doors to the garden area, stuffed up with a rank tissue.

No heating and I found a storage heater that I worked out how to switch on so the room was at least vaguely warm the following morning.

However, the function we attended was very well staffed, and they worked really hard.

Shame really, just a little work would make things a little more acceptable!

Room Tip: Don't know how much the room was as it was paid for by the business. There seemed to be lots of...
Dear Anji1961

Thank you for your recent comments and I was very pleased that you found our staff great. I was sorry to hear that your room did not match your expectations. The shortcomings you described are certainly not to our usual standard, and I have taken steps to address this for future stays.

I look forward to seeing you again sometime, you will be made most welcome.

Kind regards
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Milton Keynes is best known as one of the 'smart cities' being developed in the UK to showcase an efficient and environment friendly urban growth. The Hilton is suitably located for getting a convenient tour of the city and to also enjoy the beautiful campus of the Open University, UK, which initially brought local fame to the place. So start with the wonderful roads winding past the new forestation and the manmade water bodies; move then to the aesthetically designed city centre which is NOT a high rise, thank God; appreciate the old, elegant railway station, wander into the quaint Milton Keynes village with thatch roofs, then decide to spend at least 2 hours at the OU campus. Walton Hall, a turn of the century mansion is at its heart, and all the rest is efficiently 'modern', spread over generous acres. Street sculpture needs a taste of its own, which is not mine. The fun in the city is provided by a spectacular Rugby Stadium which is the "bowl" of the stadium's hotel. How wonderful to sip coffee in your room and watch a live Rugby game! Milton Keynes, only 90 miles from London surely deserves a visit, and the Hilton makes it a comfortable halt.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel faces the woods and are pretty.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear bhramania

Thank you for your comprehensive review of our local area and hotel. I am pleased that you had a good stay and enjoyed the facilities and local amenities, and I very much look forward to welcoming you back next time you stay in Milton Keynes.

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Good value weekend spa break .Gym pool sauna and jacuzzi available.Location a little distant from the Shopping facilities.Not a lively bar area and surprised a four star hotel does not stock any sparkling wine let alone champagne.Breakfast was good but avoid the stale coffee in the silver containers provided to you! Rooms ok and comfortable beds plus reasonable quality toiletries!

• Stayed March 2013
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear rockyrob

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review and pleased that you managed to get a good deal on your room rate at Hilton Milton Keynes. Your feedback is important to us and I have passed on your kind comments to the team, who were most grateful too.

I was concerned to hear that you could not order a sparkling wine during your stay, as our usual wine list offers a range of champagne, sparkling wine and cocktails from our well stocked bar, and I can only apologise if this was not made available to you on this occasion. I will ensure that this does not occur for future stays, and please accept my sincere apologies.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel at some time in the future, and you will be assured of a warm welcome.

Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The staff are great - but my highest priority is a good night sleep in a room which I am at the very least happy with.

The room - Tables with loose fixings/legs, handles and knobs missing from drawers, cup ring stains on surfaces, blocked shower head.
I would compare the furnishing to second hand quality. Soft furnishings torn and stained, wall coverings (yes wall paper) ripped, torn, scuffed and lifting. The bed was uncomfortable.

I've stayed here a number of times because my company uses the conference rooms and I am sadly let down every time.

Room Tip: Definitely not a room near to reception - rooms here are damp! try to upgrade as the standard rooms...
Dear StewartM01

Thank you for giving feedback on your experience during your stay at Hilton Milton Keynes. I was most concerned to hear your comments, and I have followed up your points with my Facilities Manager, who joins me in apologising for your disappointment on this occasion.

Should you book with us again, please do not hesitate to contact me prasoon.pradap@hilton.com to discuss your booking in order for me to ensure that your expectations are met next time.

Regards
Harlow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I am not entirely sure why people give this hotel a bad review, we thought it was really nice?!
Fast Check in, nice room with balcony, excellent breakfast (amazing waffle maker!!!), prompt bar service and easy to get into Milton Keynes.....not sure what people want from a hotel but for me, it had everything covered!
Every member of staff was friendly and polite and the general lay out/decor of the hotel was as smart as any Hilton I have been too. The fact that it was so close to the city centre means we will definately be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ruthjaneh01

Thank you for taking the time to post your fantastic review of our hotel. As a Senior Contributor for TripAdvisor, your feedback is very important to us and your kind comments have been gratefully received by the team here.

Once again, thank you for your positive review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards