“Hotel ok but looking shabby nb Too many HHonours emails” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
northampton uk
“Hotel ok but looking shabby nb Too many HHonours emails”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We managed to get a good price around £35 room only. Decor looked a little tired but the staff were pleasant and everything worked.
When I booked made the mistake of signing up up HHiltons marketing emails of which there are too many. Frustratingly I have been trying to unsubscribe for more than 6 weeks now.

Room Tip: Don't sign up for HHonours unless you want to be swamped by marketing emails
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear flicknspud

Thank you for your feedback and I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay and it was great to hear that you got a good deal on the rate. We are improving our product with ongoing additions and enhancements and I'm sure you will enjoy your next stay with us. Sorry to hear you are having problems with our loyalty scheme. Many guests enjoy the extra benefits of Hilton Honors, however I hope you have managed to sort out the issues you are having with the emails. Please call the hotel Reception team and someone will be happy to assist you further.

Prasoon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Polish first
Widnes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed just one night prior to attending an event at Millbrook. Reception staff very friendly and even gave me a free wifi access code, thanks ! Rooms are showing signs of age and the shower is made for Borrowers. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast and the staff were both excellent .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Brokies

It was kind of you to comment on our friendly staff and good that you enjoyed your stay. We are making improvements to our rooms and other areas of the hotel as part of our ongoing refurbishing plans, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I am quite brand loyal to Hiltons ..disappointed here i,t was a flying visit to conference in millbrook perhaps if I had more time to explore the facilities i.e. the leisure centre etc I may have been more positive about my stay. We arrived late reception staff were good we had a drink but when staff changed at reception they did not seem to have knowledge of area and could not answer some questions Room only just ok corridors worn and tired looking .single lift very slow..my bathroom very damp smell and not as clean as you would expect.. Fittings some broken and missing .hotel needs a revamp..breakfast was good and breakfast staff excellent..average hotel not 4 star

Dear McCaffrp

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback on your stay. I am pleased that you found the front desk staff helpful during your short stay.

I hope you will return for a longer period, when I will be only too happy to assist with planning trips around the local area and you can enjoy and relax our facilities.

Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Nice hotel, have stayed here a few times on business.
Has good health/sports facilities such as pool, sauna and steam room.
Breakfast is very good with good choice. Meals are so so - could maybe do with more choice.
Rooms are ok - but a bit outdated

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear D B

Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. Our rooms are continually being improved to meet our guests expectations, and I thank you for your comments.

Our Hilton Breakfast is always maintained to a high standard and I am pleased that you enjoyed, and I look forward to seeing you here again soon.

Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

well worth a visit if you are looking to stay overnight in milton keynes, good quality hotel, friendly staff, nice bar area and i found the bedroom to be quite spacious and very clean -although the restaurant menu is limited and basic

Room Tip: as for a queen size bedroom- as the king siez room is two singles put together
Dear J0hnwakefield

Thank you for your refreshing feedback on TripAdvisor. I have passed your kind comments on to the team here, which have been gratefully received.

Your recommendation is most appreciated. We are constantly improving our product, and I will certainly take your feedback regarding variety of menu's on board for future planning.

I hope you will come back and visit us soon.

Kind regards
Weybridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

A typical UK HIlton - in dire need of investment and upgrade.

Drab public areas with Hilton's usual "train crash" interior design featuring red carpets, burgundy net curtains, yellow walls and brown furniture! The lounge and bar felt austere not helped by a large flat screen TV which dominated and continually showed football with the volume turned up. More like a working mens club than a 4 star hotel.

The bedroom corridors typified by broken and water stained ceiling tiles. The bedrooms themselves tired and dated. The bathrooms a disaster - lino on the floors and (in our's) one wall had been re-tiled. They clearly couldn't stretch to do the other three!

We didn't eat in the "New Horizons Restaurant" No atmosphere and at 6.15pm no takers. Breakfast the next morning was OK if some of the hot items were only lukewarm and the scrambled eggs rubbery. Pleasant enough staff if not particularly interested or engaging.

Overall very average and very mediocre. Wouldn't stay here again - all a bit depressing I'm afraid.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Relay

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was disappointed that you did not like the decor and rooms. We do have an ongoing refurbishment project where many areas have been enhanced and improved. The Hilton Breakfast is a quality product that we pride ourselves on, and I have passed on your feedback regarding breakfast to Chef, who will look into the quality of the scrambled egg for further stays.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Prasoon Pradap
Deputy Manager
london
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

It's not that the staff were unfriendly or anything, but I regret leaving them to book my taxis for the evening. The first one was 20mins late. The second one didn't turn up, and it turned out the booking hadn't been made. Not what I wanted to hear on cold winter night at midnight! The room hadn't been made p with the sofa bed that we requested, and there was a damp patch on the ceiling. Then there was the wildly hot room all night. I hope to avoid this place in future.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear david h

Thank you for your review. I was sorry to hear that you had a problem with taxis during your stay at the hotel during the recent adverse weather conditions. I have asked my Front Office Manager to ensure her staff ensure vigilance and follow ups more promptly when dealing with guests requests and I will pass your feedback onto the taxi company concerned.

I hope that you will visit us again, as you will be made most welcome.

Kind Regards

Prasoon

Been to Hilton Milton Keynes? Share your experiences!