“Dated hotel, poor wheelchair accessible room and not what you expect from a Hilton” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Milton Keynes

Book Early & Save
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Cambridge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed here after a Christmas party in a large group. We requested a wheelchair accessible room and when we checked it we discovered it was just a standard room with too much furniture and not full accessible. The bathroom was not accessible for my husband to have a shower or use the toilet and this is really unacceptable when you market the room as fully wheelchair accessible and from a Hilton hotel. The room was so small that my husband wasn't able to get around the whole room.

The hotel rooms need modernising and the beds could be more comfortable The corridors also need to be monitored as ours was dirty everytime we used them.

On a positive, the reception area is clean and modern and the staff were good at reception and in the bar area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear dm342

Thank you for your review. As a hotel we do regularly review the issues mentioned and our team here are always happy to listen to guest feedback and will do our utmost to rearrange rooms to accommodate any special needs or requirements. Please let us us know if we can assist you further next time you stay, and we will ensure your room is arranged to your complete satisfaction.

Prasoon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for he 1st time on a one night business trip. Rooms dated and tired, breakfast was cold at 7am, however I slept better here tan the doubletree and the staff were very good, in particular the main guy in the restaurant and the lady behind the bar both on the night of the 12th and then the morning of 13th December, these 2 people showed outstanding customer care and are an asset to your hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear mattb3781

I was so pleased to hear that you had a good night's sleep at our hotel and found our staff showed outstanding customer care.

We have a great team at Hilton Milton Keynes, and you can always be sure of a warm welcome.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed there for a weekend..service was okay..not what I exactly expected from a Hilton hotel to be honest. I did get a good deal for it so it was acceptable but on its full price, I don't think i would recommend it. The room was quite small as well. Clean and basic sums it up quite well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear VarunaP

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to hear that you found a good deal when booking the hote,l and pleased that you found the room clean and comfortable.

I do hope that you will come and visit us again, as we are consistently updating our product in order to deliver what our guests' are requesting.

You will be made most welcome by our fantastic staff.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Having stayed at The Hilton Milton Keynes on two other occasions with friends, I was looking forward to staying there with my husband. We stayed on a Friday night in November as we were going to a concert at the nearby Stables theatre (an excellent venue).

Unfortunately the Hilton did not live up to our expectations on this occasion.

There were not enough staff at Reception, so we had to wait some time before checking in. There was no reply from Housekeeping when the lady at Reception phoned to ask if our room was ready, so she allocated us a different room. This meant that the free WiFi (as Hilton gold card holders) did not work with our name and room number combination; there was no complimentary water in the room; a newspaper arrived the following day even though we had said we didn’t want one; and our name and room number were not on the list for breakfast the next morning.

The room itself was okay, with a large comfortable bed and it was reasonably clean (apart from fluff in the drawers). The bathroom was not very good: the toilet was very difficult to flush properly; it was also difficult to turn the shower and cold tap off fully; the shower itself was old and not at all powerful; and the towels (which had labels from the Bank of England health club) had definitely seen better days.

We arrived at around 3.30pm and there were several trays of dirty plates (some from breakfast) all the way along the corridor to our room.

We had a drink in the bar before getting ready to go out for the evening. Again, there was only one member of staff, who told us there were no crisps available. We noticed that some of the bar snacks were served with crisps and there were packets at the bar later in the evening, so there were clearly some somewhere in the hotel. The bar area was reasonably comfortable, but a bit grubby, with biscuit crumbs, sugar wrappers, ketchup bottles and dirty cups lying around.

Breakfast the following morning was good (very nice hash browns and good scrambled eggs by hotel standards), but the staff were very slow to clear our used plates.

To be fair, the WiFi and complimentary water problems were resolved to our satisfaction and it didn’t seem to matter that we weren’t on the list for breakfast. Also, the few staff we did see were, as usual, friendly and polite. But we left with the definite impression that the hotel was short-staffed and couldn’t quite cope. We did get a very good rate by booking a long time in advance, and we would be willing to give the Hilton MK another chance to get things right next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Bluesprout61

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was sorry to hear we didn't live up to our usual expectations during your stay. We have carried out corrective action on the points mentioned in your review, in order to put things right for next time.

I'm delighted that you will come back and stay with us again. You will be sure of a very warm welcome.

Regards

Gloucester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

190 pounds for 1 night B&B. Enough said???

The room....curtains hanging off the wall, chipped and cracked bathroom tiles, with random hairs (not mine!), tinned peaches and pears in the "fresh fruit" selection for breakfast, with plastic tubs of "butter".

Common on, really?? Just so we are clear 190 pounds stirling, for a room arguably no better than a Premier Inn, in Milton Keynes in very early December.

blatant over pricing for what is a business hotel.

To be balanced, last timie I stayed here, you had to pay for wifi, you don't anymore, its "complementary", and the service is good...BUT just soooo expensive for what is, at best a tired hotel.

Wont be staying there again, seriously go find somewhere else!!

Room Tip: They are all bland, tired and very very expensive
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear James4298

Thank you for your post about your stay with us at Hilton Milton Keynes.

I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this particular visit. We do work hard to maintain and continuously improve our standards and service, and I hope that should you stay with us again you will see further improvement in both.

Leicester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Breakfast was very good, with a large variety of choice and quality. However during my stay staff could not cope with the demand which led to a drop in service. The bar area was never manned from around 4.30 pm and you struggled to order drinks or food. On three occasions i ordered a jug of water and this request was ignored.
Dinner unlike breakfast, is to be avoided at all costs. The desserts in particular are the cheapest I have ever seen in a Hilton Hotel. The presentation was poor and the taste even worse, below the standard of Farmfoods. The cost of a dessert such as apple crumble and custard and sticky toffee pudding with custard is £7, a total rip off for such poor quality. The remainder of the menu and drinks was also over priced. I was very surprised as the other Hilton city hotels I have stayed in are competitive and offer good quality. A real shame.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear andyh67186334

Thank you for your review. I was most disappointed to hear of your experience and can assure you that the standards you described are certainly not what we normally offer at the hotel.

I have shared your comments with the Head Chef, who joins me in apologising and we will ensure that this is a one-off experience and not something to be encountered for future stays.

Our prices are set as the standard Hilton brand, and are clearly displayed in the standard menu's, however I will ensure that the quality we offer reflects this.

Thanks again for your feedback, it has been most helpful and it is through comments such as yours that we can improve consistently.

Regards

England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Staying at a Hilton in the past was a treat, and I was not bothered between hilton and marriot, now Marriot everytime, To book a hotel through the Honours web site, I turn up and make my way through the smokers in the doorway, I get my room, opposite the room on the floor were empty vodka and other assorted spirit bottles, I am so glad I was not staying here the night before. Nice room, it was actually my second one, the first had a table and no bed!! Switch the TV on and the battery falls out of the remote which was held in by very old sellotape. Normally you get a bottle of water in the room on the first night, there is a bottle of waterbut ithas a label say £3.95, in the doubletree downthe road, you get water and a warm cookie on arrival, so Marriot pleasebuild a hotel in Milton Keynes

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Prasoon P, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Hallchr

I was sorry to hear about the recent disappointment you encountered at the hotel. This is certainly not to our usual standard and I have taken steps to rectify the issues you described.

Next time you stay, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will ensure that everything meets your satisfaction.

Thanks for your feedback, it is important that we know about such things, in order to put them right immediately.

Prasoon

Been to Hilton Milton Keynes? Share your experiences!