“Christmas Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
milton keynes
“Christmas Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

We attended a Christmas Party at this hotel, although the organisation prior to the party was a little lack luster I think it might have been due to the amount of people they were organising events for. On arrival we were welcomed to the event and given drinks vouchers. We sat down to dinner which was delicious, a goats cheese and red onion tart, and a double chocolate cheesecake to die for. The service was excellent, the staff polite and courteous and ran off to get whatever you wanted. The drinks at the bar were typical of hotel prices, high and I am glad I had the vouchers to fall back on. The disco was a good mix of 60's, 70's and 80's and then the latest stuff which meant all ages enjoyed themselves. Three of our party had rooms which they said were dated but clean and tidy. everyone who attended the party said the venue was good, service excellent and we all agree the party was a success. I would recommend the venue for a small party and as previous visits the food was good.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
PradeepRajan, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, December 31, 2011
Dear Mandie89,

Thank you for taking the time in completing a review following on your stay at the Hilton Milton Keynes.

I was very pleased to read your review regarding the christmas party. The team have worked really hard to ensure our guests havea good time and it is very encouraging to see such positive feedback. I have shared your comments with the hotel team who are very happy and they are very thankful for your gracious comments

Once again thank you very much for your very positive comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Miltonkeynes hotel again in the future

Pradeep Rajan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
Formby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I've used this hotel a couple of times whilst away on business. I've always found the rooms to be spacious, clean and the beds reasonably comfortable. Bar prices are expensive (as you would expect). The corporate rate we have includes breakfast...there's plenty of choice and it's self service, so you can eat as much or as little as you need. It's OK for business travel, but I wouldn't choose it for a family stopover.

Dear Liverpoolbluenose57

I was very pleased to notice that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found the bedroom clean and comfortable.I have shared your positive feedback with the hotel team and they are very thankful for your gracious comments.

Once again thank you very much for your very positive comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Miltonkeynes hotel again in the new year.

Regards,

Sudbury Suffolk England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

A hotel that is a little difficult to find, thank goodness for the sat-nav, but even then it would be a good idea to have a couple of signs to indicate just where the hotel is.

Our check in was excellent, the receptionist even remembering a telephone call about it from the previous evening.

The room was more than adequate with two good-sized comfortable single beds, a 32” flat screen television and tea and coffee making facilities. The furniture was of a retro design that was slightly out of character from the rest of the room, but was in good condition.

The bathroom was clean and tidy with the tiling in good order. There were complimentary shampoo, conditioner etc., which was more that satisfactory.

There was obviously a party in the hotel and the noise of some of the guests ‘retiring’ to the room between 2 and 4 am was a little disappointing.

Breakfast was self-service, but with waiter service for tea/coffee, and this was very efficient. The food was of a good standard from the serials to the cooked food. The only niggle was the very slow household toaster.

Check out was quick and easy.

Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Anthony S,

I was interested to read your comments about the difficulty in finding the hotel which I will share with my hotel manager to review in the new year. I have shared your feedback about the friendly receptionist,bedrooms and efficient breakfast with the concerned departments and the team are very happy to recieve your feedback.I would also like to let you know that following on from your feedback about the toaster we have installed a bigger toaster for the restaurant.

nottingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Its a lovely hotel with lovely day time staff, but they really need to either be more careful which Christmas parties they allow there or have some security at night.

We stayed last night, the 10th Dec and OK its Christmas so I expect some noise in the corridor at night, but the room next to us, was beyond a joke. We paid good money for a good room, and didnt expect a party of what sounded like a dozen people in the room next door. From 11pm until gone 2am, we where kept awake with singing and bad language. We spoke to the night receptionist but it didnt stop. This wasnt just a little noise, it was a full blown sing-a-long party. The bar I believe is open all night, why didnt the night staff suggest they move the party away from the bedrooms into the bar?

The last straw was those people trying to get into our room though the adjoining door. Frankly it scared us, at home if I had heard drunken lads trying to open a door to our house I would have called 999. I felt scared for me, my partner and our child. No sleep was had after this.

I realize the hotel cannot know what sort of people they let in, but they should (a) try! and (b) address it when it disrupts our whole night.

Please party if you like, but the hotel MUST have some responsibility for non-party goers, move them into the bar! Lovely hotel, but the night completely spoiled by thoughtless drunks with no help from the hotel night staff.

Be warned, we found it to be an unregulated party zone. Which is such a shame.

Room Tip: Check who is having a free-for-all party there in the rooms before you book
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

The 'Milton' Hilton is very conveniently located for access to the Open University campus in Milton Keynes - within walking distance. The front desk staff were most friendly as was the good service in the restaurant. Their breakfasts and dinners cater for vegetarians wihch is a plus and the food was good quality. Pleasant lounge and bar area alongside reception.
The corridors are long from the lift - if your electronic room key stops working I discovered later that you can use the phone by the lift to ask someone to come up and sort it out.
Comfy bed, very quiet location while I was there - mid-week. Biscuits provided with the tea-making tray in the room. Bathroom has a bath with shower over it rather than a walk in shower. Nice quality soap bar provided instead of those dreadful containers of soap that you get in some hotels - and hangers that you can take off the rail - yay!. Iron provided in room as well. There is also a spa and pool that I did not have time to use though. I do not know how much the stay cost as the clients paid but I suspect it may be out of my usual budget.
A most pleasant 2-night stay!.

Dear Safaria,

I was very pleased to read your feedback. I have shared your positive feedback with the hotel team and they are very thankful for your gracious comments.

Sheffield, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Stayed here one night on business. Arrived around 6pm (plenty of parking in the carpark), and began a 10 minute wait to be checked in (only one receptionist working front of house). She apologised profusely, welcomed me to the hotel and efficiently checked me in. I was given a voucher for a free drink at the bar (didn't take it up!), and asked if I wanted internet access. When I asked if there was a charge, she said that since I had waited so long, it would be free. How very kind and thoughtful.

My room request was honoured (high floor away from lifts), and on entering the room, was pleasantly surprised by the warmth of the room (though the bathroom could do with an update, the bedroom was modern, clean and showed little signs of wear and tear). Rooms were well stocked with tea/coffee etc.,

Popped into the gym which was empty at 815pm, had all the equipment I needed, and was airconditioned.

I had room service, and had a very pleasant chat to the young lady who brought in my tray.

The bed was really comfy, and had a terrific sleep.

Breakfast was buffet, well presented and plentyful.

Check out was a breeze, and as I went to the lift noticed that on the top floor (press 2 on the lifts but the rooms are all 300!), they were delivering some brand new mattresses.

All in all a very pleasant stay, made better by friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
PradeepRajan, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Dear Lucy,

Swansea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel excelled for service. Everybody was especially helpful. The furnishings were the thing that let an otherwise well organised hotel down. The breakfast was really good, and the scrambled egg was the best I've eaten in years. The price was reasonable, and if the hotel simply said it is located by the Open University HQ finding it would be simple.

Room Tip: I understand they are refurbishing rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear SouthWalesTeapot

I was very pleased to notice that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found the service to be excellent.I have shared your positive feedback to with the hotel team and they are very thankful for your gracious comments.

Pradeep Rajan

Been to Hilton Milton Keynes? Share your experiences!