“Fab stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill

You added Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill to your Saves list
Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Approach, Monks Way, Two Mile Ash, Milton Keynes MK8 8LY, England (Formerly Abbey Hill Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 30% OFF
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Fab stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Abbey Hill! From the moment we arrived the staff were wonderful, couldn't have done more for us and made sure we had everything we needed! Everyone is so friendly, relaxed and you feel at home straight away!
The hotel is set in fantastic surroundings, we sat out on the terrace in the sunshine on the stylish wicker sofas over looking the gardens and felt like we were abroad!
We enjoyed some fabulous spa treatments in the afternoon, followed by a a super 3 course meal in the evening, we finished our night back out on the terrace with cocktails - what more could you want from a hotel!
We (my Mum, Sister and friend) stayed for pleasure but if I had to travel for business I would highly recommend Abbey Hill - as it has all that you need to help ease the stress and strain business travel can bring!
The beds are super comfy (and I love that the mirror 'self clears' in the bathroom while you're showering - it's a girl thing!) and the WiFi works - simple! The decor is superb, eye catching yet subtle creating a relaxed and fabulous atmosphere!
This is where we'll be staying the next time we come back to Milton Keynes!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the gardens and for easy access choose a room to the right of reception for less...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Mads N, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

We really do hand pick our staff and we are so proud of them the way they make all our guests feel so welcome.

We have put a lot of thought into the hotel with our decor, bedrooms and our outside area. Guests feel relaxed and, yes indeed, when looking out on the golf course and the sun is shining you could be anywhere in the world.

For either business or pleasure Mercure Abbey Hill Milton Keynes is such a magical place to eat and relax.

We believe we have the most comfortable beds in Milton Keynes so I am glad you found them Super comfy!

It really does sound like you had the most wonderful stay at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the Milton Keynes area again.

Many thanks, once again.

Guests Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We recently had our Wedding at the Mercure Abbey Hill Hotel and it couldn't have been more magical.

We booked our last minute wedding a few months back and the events co-ordinator Beth put up with me and my changing mind from the first time we met. She was efficient and always well prepared, I'm very disappointed for her that she didn't get to see all her hard work on the big day, but I'll send photos soon!

The actual day went without a hitch, even down to Lee phoning one of my suppliers for me to ensure they corrected a mistake - sending me off to get ready stress free!

The food was fantastic, when me and my partner did our walk around during dinner all of the plates were empty - they even cooked some sausages later in the day for my son who decided to sleep through dinner. We were entertained, very uniquely, by Felix the barman all night who had us in hysterics!

The ceremony room looked beautiful and our hotel room was also decorated for us too! All the guests told us how well they slept.

All in all I could not be happier - thank you all so much for making me feel extra special and making sure we all had a wedding to remember!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mads N, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Guest

It was such a pleasure to read your fantastic review on tripadvisor.

I am just delighted that your wedding was magical.

We really do hand pick our team here at the hotel and I am so pleased you were looked after by all. I will pass on your comments and praise to all the staff.

I would like to wish you all the best and happiness for the future.

Market Rasen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I booked two rooms , one twin, one double . Without breakfast the two rooms were less than £100, tremendous value. The beds were really comfy, they must have had feather toppers or similar , pillows were good too. The bedroom was tastefully decorated and finished , I was not expecting the quality to be as high as it was ,for the room rate we paid .The bathroom , although small was beautifully done . The shower was amazing ! All the bathroom fittings were of a high standard and the toilet had a soft close seat .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

I am delighted that you found our newly refurbished bedrooms comfortable and tastefully decorated. We believe we have the most comfortable beds in Milton Keynes.

I do hope to welcome you again to the hotel in the future.

Many thanks

Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Rather than just leave a positive and anonymous review on Trip Advisor I thought I would take the time to write and say thank you to all the staff at the Mercure for making our stay on 7 June an enjoyable experience. In particular we would like to say a big thank you to the duty manager Mr Priestly who checked us in and was very helpful in obtaining directions for us to the function we were attending nearby. Although there was a wedding party present Mr Priestly kindly notified the bar staff that we would be eating early from the bar menu. The hospitality staff were also very friendly, greeting us by name when we arrived and even though the wedding reception was in full swing they brought our food and drinks promptly and with a smile. At no time were we made to feel as though we were in the way or an inconvenience given how busy they were with the wedding.

Overall we found the staff and service they provided to be faultless and would be grateful if you could pass our thanks on to them all.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review.

We are very proud of all our staff at the hotel.

I am so glad you were looked after even though the hotel was really busy with a wedding.

We do look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again if you are in the Milton Keynes area.

Many thanks, once again.

Twickenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night after a day at Silverstone. We were very happy with the hotel and room. Every member of staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, the food was lovely as were the cocktails. We found prices for food and drink very reasonable for a hotel. The only fault was that the glass shower door in the bathroom opened inwards therefore it was very difficult to turn on the taps to run a bath (I would normally shower but wanted to experience the whirlpool bath). Overall it was a lovely stay made more special by the friendly staff!

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review.

We are proud of all our staff who work here. I am so glad you enjoyed the food and the cocktails! I will pass on your comments to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the future.

Livingston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were down in Milton Keynes for a concert at the Bowl. We'd left the hotel booking far too late and I was in a bit of a panic because I couldn't find a free room anywhere. I booked the Mercure because it was available!

We really enjoyed our stay. We had a lovely view over the golf course and the room was quiet, cool and dark. I rarely sleep well in hotel rooms and am normally up several times a night. Here, I slept right through until 9:45- longer than I sleep at home!

We did think breakfast was very expensive and skipped it and the taxi firm they use is chaotic- for our first request we were told to just use the taxi outside as a previous taxi had stolen its passengers and then for our second request, our taxi never turned up (waited 25 minutes then a different taxi said they would take us)- a bit too haphazard if you need to get somewhere by a specific time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mads N, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review on tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had such a good nights sleep. We did extensive research before buying our new beds and the higher the bed, the better a nights sleep one gets.

Regarding the taxi situation, that is not the norm at the hotel and rest assured that will not happen again.

Many thanks

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Was expecting an average meal as one would expect in Weatherspoon. Turned out to be a fine selection of four curries, all of which were delicious. The service was welcoming and efficient. Will go again.

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review regarding our curry night.
I am glad you found our staff both welcoming and efficient, we truly do hand pick them for their passion and customer service.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill? Share your experiences!