“Rating” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill

You added Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill to your Saves list
Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Approach, Monks Way, Two Mile Ash, Milton Keynes MK8 8LY, England (Formerly Abbey Hill Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 40% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here on a one night business trip in Milton Keynes. After reading various reviews and having looked up the location, it seemed the best option available to me. Unfortunately, most of the central hotels were booked up due to the event I was attending.
However, as I had a car with me, getting there wasnt a problem, probably 5-10 mins to center in a taxi at about £5.
Rooms - Clean, spacious and had all the mod-cons you'd expect
Hotel - Clean, decent for a 3/4 star entry level hotel.

Didnt really stay around the hotel much, but had a lovely bar area and outdoor seating area, which was definitely a bonus.

All in all a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms had recently been re-painted... My colleague requested he be moved due to the smel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Danfelix,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to get positive feedback and I was very happy to read that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. We are located in a quiet area of Milton Keynes but as you pointed out only 5 minutes away from the city centre.

I was delighted that you had a good night sleep and enjoyed the hotel facilities, me and my team are looking forward to your next visit,

Isle of Man
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Was a lovely hotel in a nice setting, not too far from center but would not advise if you don't have a car. Rooms a decent size and the bathrooms are quite spacious and well equipped. Only giving four stars as there were still little things to gripe (like most places) about but I would definitely stay again.

Dear Iomboi,

Thank you for your comments. I was very pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and that the bedroom exceeded your expectations. All our bedrooms have been refurbished to the same high standard and very exciting changes are happening in our restaurant at the moment, our outdoor patio should hopefully be getting allot of sun this summer and is ideal for a relaxing drink after a busy day.

Me and my team look forward to your next visit,

Noosaville, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Recently refurbished hotel, ideally located for central Milton Keynes and surrounds. We found it very comfortable, relaxing and what we expected. Breakfast/dinner were good, and rooms quite adequate, although some early morning music from somewhere nearby woke us on a Sunday morning. Will return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Rebels17,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

My team and I are all looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit,

Canvey Island, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed overnight in this hotel and check in was quick and easy. Unfortunately the room was overlooked by the car park so you had to close the curtains. Therefore no natural light in the room. The room was very large as was the bed, in fact the bed was too large for comfort. The aircon didn't work so it was very hot and I had a room right next to the reception so the doors banged all night. The evening meal was very time consuming, I think it took about 2 1/2 hours from start to finish and it was certainly not worth the wait. The breakfast, however, was very good.

Dear Keith Mallen,

Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay. I must say that I was disappointed that you did not have hassle free stay with us, please accept my sincere apology for the issues you faced with the air-condition unit in your room, I can assure you that we are addressing this issue and a maintenance team is looking of how we can improve.

I was happy to see that you found the hotel and bedroom spacious and clean our beds have specially designed mattresses and bed bases which will enhance the comfort and provide a great night sleep, we did design them large as to give the guest as much comfort as possible.

Our restaurant and bar is seeing great changes over the coming season with new menus and special introductions that will be more inline with the modern day customer needs and wants, I apologise for the wait you experienced during your stay we have been experiencing high demand in peak hours in the restaurant and have recently expanded our serving staff to make the service even better.

I was very pleased that you found our breakfast to a high standard and enjoyed your meal, at Mercure Hotels Breakfast is a central focus of restaurant offerings and we are continuing to drive the quality and service forward to make it even better.

Again thank you for your comments they have been very helpful,

West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Have just returned from a two night stay at this hotel while visiting Whipsnade Zoo and have to say I was very impressed with all aspects of it.
Very modern room which was a superior and not much more than a standard room it was clean, comfy and looked as if it was new.
This set the tone for the rest of the hotel with the dining room/bar area being well furnished, modern and comfy with very competative prices on the drinks which were no more than high street pub prices(well ones in the south east anyway...).
Only downside was the weather meant we could not enjoy the decked outdoor seating area which again looked great however I can't very well blame the hotel for the rain showers.
Breakfast was buffet style plenty of choice for any tastes and set in a nice dining area with friendly efficient waiting staff.
Having stayed at the Mercure at Maidstone and paid twice the price last year there is no comparison as this place is better by far and we can't wait to stay again when we are back up this way later in the year which is why I have already booked it.
To be balanced though only one gripe I would have is that it no-one appeared to empty the ashtray in the smoking area all weekend which was near overflowing by Monday and gives a false impression of what is a clearly very well managed hotel and clean throughout.
So in summary I would highly recommend this hotel which in my view was a bargain at the price I paid.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments which I am sure will greatly please the whole team.

It is always a pleasure to receive good feedback and I thank you for your comments and observations while staying with us.

I was very pleased that you enjoyed our newly refurbished bedrooms and found breakfast and dinner to a great standard.

Me and my team are all looking forward to welcome you back to Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill on you next visit,

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Took my dad for fathers day - We cooked our meat on a Volcanic Rock

We found the whole experience very nice, It was relaxing and we was not rushed. Nice friendly staff. The food was of a high quality, the children's food has generous portions. Lovely spacious surroundings with outside area, nice clean toilets.

The negatives were that the children's drinks are served in an adult glass.

Are going back again..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Teresa,

Thank you very much for your kind comments which I have shared with the entire team. I was very pleased to read that you and your family had a great Father’s Day Lunch at our Moltens Restaurant and enjoyed the food this will be a returning event every year.

Our unique Stone Grill concept really releases the flavours in the meat and you decide yourself how cooked your fish and steak has to be. I am glad that you found the experience entertaining and the restaurant relaxing.

Me and the entire team are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to Moltens Stone Grill Restaurant.

Mads Nielsen

Been to Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill? Share your experiences!