“Euro Tour” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill

You added Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill to your Saves list
Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Approach, Monks Way, Two Mile Ash, Milton Keynes MK8 8LY, England (Formerly Abbey Hill Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 40% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Noosaville, Australia
“Euro Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Recently refurbished hotel, ideally located for central Milton Keynes and surrounds. We found it very comfortable, relaxing and what we expected. Breakfast/dinner were good, and rooms quite adequate, although some early morning music from somewhere nearby woke us on a Sunday morning. Will return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Rebels17,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

My team and I are all looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit,

Mads Nielsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed overnight in this hotel and check in was quick and easy. Unfortunately the room was overlooked by the car park so you had to close the curtains. Therefore no natural light in the room. The room was very large as was the bed, in fact the bed was too large for comfort. The aircon didn't work so it was very hot and I had a room right next to the reception so the doors banged all night. The evening meal was very time consuming, I think it took about 2 1/2 hours from start to finish and it was certainly not worth the wait. The breakfast, however, was very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Keith Mallen,

Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay. I must say that I was disappointed that you did not have hassle free stay with us, please accept my sincere apology for the issues you faced with the air-condition unit in your room, I can assure you that we are addressing this issue and a maintenance team is looking of how we can improve.

I was happy to see that you found the hotel and bedroom spacious and clean our beds have specially designed mattresses and bed bases which will enhance the comfort and provide a great night sleep, we did design them large as to give the guest as much comfort as possible.

Our restaurant and bar is seeing great changes over the coming season with new menus and special introductions that will be more inline with the modern day customer needs and wants, I apologise for the wait you experienced during your stay we have been experiencing high demand in peak hours in the restaurant and have recently expanded our serving staff to make the service even better.

I was very pleased that you found our breakfast to a high standard and enjoyed your meal, at Mercure Hotels Breakfast is a central focus of restaurant offerings and we are continuing to drive the quality and service forward to make it even better.

Again thank you for your comments they have been very helpful,

West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Have just returned from a two night stay at this hotel while visiting Whipsnade Zoo and have to say I was very impressed with all aspects of it.
Very modern room which was a superior and not much more than a standard room it was clean, comfy and looked as if it was new.
This set the tone for the rest of the hotel with the dining room/bar area being well furnished, modern and comfy with very competative prices on the drinks which were no more than high street pub prices(well ones in the south east anyway...).
Only downside was the weather meant we could not enjoy the decked outdoor seating area which again looked great however I can't very well blame the hotel for the rain showers.
Breakfast was buffet style plenty of choice for any tastes and set in a nice dining area with friendly efficient waiting staff.
Having stayed at the Mercure at Maidstone and paid twice the price last year there is no comparison as this place is better by far and we can't wait to stay again when we are back up this way later in the year which is why I have already booked it.
To be balanced though only one gripe I would have is that it no-one appeared to empty the ashtray in the smoking area all weekend which was near overflowing by Monday and gives a false impression of what is a clearly very well managed hotel and clean throughout.
So in summary I would highly recommend this hotel which in my view was a bargain at the price I paid.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments which I am sure will greatly please the whole team.

It is always a pleasure to receive good feedback and I thank you for your comments and observations while staying with us.

I was very pleased that you enjoyed our newly refurbished bedrooms and found breakfast and dinner to a great standard.

Me and my team are all looking forward to welcome you back to Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill on you next visit,

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Took my dad for fathers day - We cooked our meat on a Volcanic Rock

We found the whole experience very nice, It was relaxing and we was not rushed. Nice friendly staff. The food was of a high quality, the children's food has generous portions. Lovely spacious surroundings with outside area, nice clean toilets.

The negatives were that the children's drinks are served in an adult glass.

Are going back again..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Teresa,

Thank you very much for your kind comments which I have shared with the entire team. I was very pleased to read that you and your family had a great Father’s Day Lunch at our Moltens Restaurant and enjoyed the food this will be a returning event every year.

Our unique Stone Grill concept really releases the flavours in the meat and you decide yourself how cooked your fish and steak has to be. I am glad that you found the experience entertaining and the restaurant relaxing.

Me and the entire team are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to Moltens Stone Grill Restaurant.

Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed at the hotel with some friends Bank Holiday Weekend in May, on arrival we found the hotel modern and very clean. The decor was very up-to-date and fresh. We were told that our rooms would be ready at 2pm so we sat in the bar and waited, drinks were expensive. We went to the desk at 2pm and the girl told us it was ready and so we followed her to a room, she opened the door for us and there was a couple already in the room! She took us back to the desk and said she'd find us another room so we sat in the bar again to wait. The manager came and was very apologetic and gave us another key card to a different room. We eventually found the room as there were little to no signs. When opening the door to our new room we were immediately hit by a cloud of cigarette smoke. It stank! We decided this was no good but before we went to ask for a new room, we checked to see if everything else was okay to discover there was no water either!
We returned to the desk to find others waiting with problems and when we were eventually seen they told us half of the hotel was out of water and they gave us a new card to a room that was the other side of the hotel. We went to the room and it was much better, third time lucky! It was clean, smelt fresh and the water worked! However, if we weren't planning on going out the view would have been an issue as we were looking over the mess from the building work that was taking place on site.
We asked for some form of reduction on the price of the room and were given a free breakfast.
Overall, we stayed due to convenience and would only stay again due to convenience. We do not believe this is an occurring issue at the hotel and we would recommend it for a short one or two night stay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Tom and Alex,

Thank you for your comments and review, I was happy to read that you did have an enjoyable stay after the initial issues you faced on checking in to your room, please accept my sincere apology for this experience.

We are just finalising a complete refurbishment of our hotel and due to this we were experiencing issues that has now been rectified, as you mentioned in your review this will not be occurring again. I must apologise for the building material that had been placed behind the hotel, this has since been removed and we have a landscaper who is currently improving the look of the hotel grounds.

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to give you a truly hassle free stay on your next visit to Milton Keynes,

Billingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Booked online with no problems. Staff were warm and efficient. The hotel was fresh & modern. Room was spacious & spotless. Initially finding the room was a little problematic as the signage was poor but the courteous staff were quick to help. The buffet breakfast was of good quality.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Steven,

Thank you very much for your comments and review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our breakfast to a high standard.

We are just putting the final touches on a complete refurbishment of the hotel I will look into the signage issue you reported and get this rectified so it will not be an issue in future.

We all look forward to your next visit,

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed for a couple of nights, really pleased with the room. Supurb beds, very clean, fresh, modern and light. Great food at the Grill. The breakfast was really good and set me up for the day, although, I was doing some cooking in the day. The staff were excellent, especially the front of house. Very pleasant hotel away from the hustle and bustle of busy towns. I would recommend this hotel if in the area. I was just on a busines trip in th area at the time

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words which I have shared with the entire team. We are all very pleased that your stay exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed our restaurant and bar.

We all look forward to your next visit,

Mads Nielsen

Been to Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill? Share your experiences!