Had a lovely 2 night stay at South Lodge... which is situated in a quiet lane of Wavendon village... almost impossible to believe that this 'rural' setting is actually just minutes away from all the shops you'll ever want to visit, & plenty of good restaurants too! Perfect location for us!
Our room (4) was great - Very contemporary, and squeaky clean throughout! The bed was divine, with a memory foam mattress, and with quality bedding -down pillows and quilt - we had a very good & cosy nights sleep!
Having our own mini kitchen was a bonus. We were provided with plenty of filter coffee, quality teas & the home made cookies were delicious! There was even milk, water & capri sun juice in the fridge... so much nicer than the awful 'plastic' UHT milk provided by most chain hotels!!
The attention to detail throughout is amazing... and extends to the outside of the property too!
Room 4 has its own private patio, overlooking the gardens. Even the iron work fences were quirky... fabulous place!!
I just LOVED the bathroom floor tiles... really pretty sparkly shades... the bathroom was beautiful!
Julia & Colin were very helpful & nothing was too much trouble. We truly enjoyed our stay here.
If you want peaceful, village surroundings, yet also want to be within easy reach of every type of imaginable shop, you have found the perfect place in South Lodge. Can't wait to go back :)
The only one thing that I can think of that could possibly make this already perfect place better is... a hot tub for guests!! (being cheeky now!!).
Tips for other travellers:
Just up the road is Woburn Sands, with several restaurants. We enjoyed a visit to the Woburn Fort Restaurant (Indian), which was both authentic & delicious. It's quite a small restaurant, and the staff are really nice. (We chose the Woburn Fort over the other Indian restaurant, as their menu was more extensive, & the reviews were excellent).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If ever a house had the ‘Wow!’ factor, this is it. Stunning contemporary design and decor plus fanatical attention to every luxurious detail combine to promise an unforgettable experience. Comfort and practicality are not overlooked either; all the rooms are furnished with king size beds, walk-in showers and widescreen TVs. Each is light, airy and spacious. The biscuits or muffins in your room are home cooked as is the extensive and delicious breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, T4B and Odigeo so you can book your South Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Hotel Milton Keynes
- South Lodge Milton Keynes, United Kingdom