“Went here for a Christmas event” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Greens Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Milton Keynes
Greens Hotel
You added Greens Hotel to your Saves list
Russell Street | Woburn Sands, Milton Keynes MK17 8RA, England   |
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Milton Keynes
“Went here for a Christmas event”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We did not stay at the hotel but went to an event in the function room. The food was very average and the function room looked like a school hall. Light bulbs were missing in the hallway prior to entering the room. The toilets smelt terrible with towels draped over the basins and the soap did not work.

The cheese desert was laid out on the floor behind a screen, slightly better than last year when they were under a table with a cloth over them! The tables were full as cups and saucers had been added so there was no room for the vegetables. Come on guys, this is 2012! The whole room and surroundings need a good makeover and it may help to get the hotel inspector in. Pretty poor all round and do not want to come here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Caen, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights after arriving from France and Jacqui was kind enough to have our room ready a couple of hours before normal check in.
We can't say enough good things on how accommodating and pleasant Jacqui & her staff were. The room was spacious, warm and well equipped with tv, iron, coffee & tea tray. We found the room to be clean and the bathroom was too. The hotel was quiet although busy, we slept very well.
The local village of Woburn Sands has plenty of places to eat and the hotel has a discount card for guests to use at selected places - Jacqui will advise you.

Breakfast was taken in the building adjacent to the hotel and served a very good full english breakfast, cereals, toast, croissant and pastries, fruit etc etc and the staff are very pleasant and accommodating. Bar in this same building in the evenings - very good and staff nice.

We would definitely return to Greens and if you are looking to stay in the Milton Keynes area look no further - you won't be disappointed.

Thanks again !!

Room Tip: WiFi a bit "iffy" in the rooms but great in lobby and in breakfast room/bar
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
carlisle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed here whilst visiting the area. We stayed in a double room inc. breakfast for £40 which was reasonable. Although the hotel is a little tired, everything was spotlessly clean, the bed was really comfortable and we had a great night's sleep. Breakfast was OK, and for price really could not fault.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Having booked through work contacts and turning up late at night, I was pleasantly surprised at the size and quality of room. It is situated in Woburn Sands and has a lot of good eateries nearby. Now the hotel gives you a clean good sizes room with tea/coffee facilities, corby trouser press and iron + freeview TV. The only down side is the temperature control of the water which can be a lottery in the morning!
However the breakfast is amazing value and the rooms with breakfast cost £48 per night!!
No hesitation in staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for corner rooms, they are quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Taunton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We decided to stay here after reading other reviews here. The hotel is in a very busy village near to woburn safari park which is why we stayed here. the hotel is 2 star, it is not punching above its weight but it is a very good 2 star offering very cheap rooms for a bargain break. The rooms are a pretty good size and reasonably furnished but not modern, the walls are so thin we could hear the man in the next room snoring, and going to the bathroom. We found the beds noisy and the mattresses very uncomfortable and we were feeling our age by the end of our stay, the room comes with normal expected toiletries and coffee and tea, biscuits etc. Our room was very clean and had plenty of towels. The weekend breakfast is a European style buffet and plenty of it and served in a room that doubles as a bar in the evenings. The hotel is run at the weekends by one woman who doesnt stop working and who is polite and cheerful. The hotel offers discounts at various shops and restaurants in the area. Although not for us, I should imagine this would suit younger people and those on a tight budget and short stays as you would struggle to beat the on line price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Greens hotel whilst visiting Milton Keynes on business. After reading reviews on trip adviser for lots of hotels in the area, I took a risk as this hotel was half the price of all the others. I then worried that it might not be very nice. How wrong I was! The hotel is set in the tiny town (large village?) of Woburn sands. It is about 8 miles from central Milton Keynes.

On arrival there was a good, safe car park. Although I had arrived late (10.15pm) due to a traffic hold up, check in was a doodle and I was surprised when I got to my room; it was a big room with all the features of much more expensive hotels. Ample tea and coffee tray with biscuits, iron and ironing board, a fridge, good toiletries, thick soft towels and a really comfortable bed! To top it all, the buffet full English breakfast was very good.

For £45 including breakfast I cannot understand how this hotel only warrants two stars.

The only down side was that you could hear sounds grinding of the other rooms but I stayed mid-week and slept like a log. I'm not so sure it would be as peaceful after a wedding party, but the noise level did not affect my sleep one bit. Would highly recommend this hotel to business users who would stay mid week.

• Stayed October 2012
Alaro, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I needed a hotel for my son and myself near his university to help him registering and settling in for a few days. I came across Greens Hotel through Tripadvisor and found it to be an excellent choice in every respect, making me wonder why it's got only 2 stars(?!). Besides offering great value for money, the hotel's service was nothing short of impeccable. Everybody at the hotel, particularly Jaqui at the reception, was extremely friendly and helpful, making us feel very much at home right from the beginning of our stay. The room was big and spacious, clean and well equipped. It all felt very cozy and comfortable and I can hardly remember any other hotel, including 4 and 5 star ones, where the beds were so good and made me sleep so well. The hotel's good location only abt. 5-7 min. from junction 13 of the M1 in a totally quiet and private side road just off the high street in charming Woburn Sands just adds to the overall fantastic impression Greens Hotel made on me. No doubt that I will be back soon. I can truly and highly recommend this place to any traveller, be it for holiday or business purposes.

Room Tip: Room 15 on the ground floor (see my attached photo) felt very good, but the first night when my son...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Greens Hotel? Share your experiences!