“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery
West Yorkshire, England
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I regularly visited Pizza Express when in Milton Keynes and the food quality was just a s expected for Pizza Express with friendly staff

Colchester, United Kingdom
“Not up to usual Pizza Express standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Visited a few Pizza Express restaurants and not had a problem. Like most Chains you usually get what you pay for and it's okay for the kids. This one needs looking into. Staff, should I say the one member of staff, we saw was overwhelmed, not trained properly and looked overworked. What was delivered to the table only vaguely represented what we ordered. The food however was well cooked. This experience won't put me off Pizza Express but YOU need to improve the customer experience which at the time of our visit was atrocious.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, England
“Worst one I've been to”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

For a Pizza Express it's a bit tucked away, seemingly inside an office building, hidden from the main road. Things started badly though when I walked inside and had to wait several minutes to be seen, even though the restaurant was quiet. There were serving staff dashing around in the restaurant but eventually I was taken to my table by a man in shorts and a T-shirt who turned out to be one of the chefs. His children were in the restaurant and both he and the other staff regularly took time out from doing their jobs to play with them, chat etc.

I ordered my usual choices (I'm a regular visitor to Pizza Express as I travel on business a lot) and waited for my starter - bruschetta - which seemed to take an age to arrive despite there being three or four people working in the kitchen and the restaurant being half empty. When it came the bread was very tough and rather burnt at one end. My pizza was better when it came but the tomatoes on the top had a very strange taste, almost soapy.

I ordered a coffee and a sorbet (the "dolcetti" ones where you get a small dessert and a coffee) and when it arrived the waitress brought a full-sized dessert, saying that the waitress who took my order had failed to tell her it should have been the small portion, but that she'd only charge me for the small one, adding that it was my lucky day.

Once I'd finished I had to wait a very long time to catch someone's eye in order to ask for my bill. All in all, despite expecting a quick meal, I ended up spending just short of two hours in the restaurant due to the poor service and inattentiveness of the staff. As I was dining alone this was a very long time to spend in a restaurant!

All in all it was a poor starter, an OK main course, a good dessert, and very poor service all round. I won't go back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Went here for a quiet meal. That was the plan anyway. Despite being quite a large restaurant, and being virtually empty, we were made to sit right in between two noisy tables. I asked for a table closer to the outside doors, but was told no, that bit wasn't open, yet within ten minutes of being seated there were several tables occupied there! Bit of a cheek really. The food was ok. My pizza was overcooked so part was inedible. The waiting staffs grasp of English was limited so not much use making a complaint, or trying to ask what the deserts were. They were friendly and efficient though. Its a shame as I like Pizza Express but this one lets the chain down.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Nice food and good staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very nice food... And pretty good value as well. The pizza was very nice with fresh taste if that makes sense. Will go back when in this area again

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere