“Definitely Average” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Saltash, England, United Kingdom
“Definitely Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We visited on a friday night on the recommendation of my mum. We got there about 7.30. We were all (and i mean other customers as well) seated along one side of the restaurant. They obviously didn't want to use the other half for some reason. The meals came out quickly and were lovely. The BIG downside was that we felt rushed, the waiters were lurking about behind us most of the time waiting for us to finish our meal and were clearing bits off the table before we had finished !!!! I don't know if there was a function or some other do going on later as like I said we were all sat in one area. They seemed more interested in chatting to a couple who were obviously regulars. Overall, food good, but service lacking alot!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hampshire
“Good Indian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I went here with friends with a bit of trepidation after reading the reviews on this site. I had no need for concern. The staff were attentive. Two of the older members of staff were characters (I would never call it rude). The food was fresh and tasty. The tables are a bit close together but not uncomfortably so. Service was excellent. We enjoyed it even more as we can walk home after it. The place was full so hopefully the poor reviews here will not deter others from giving it a go.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Has gone down hill over the years”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Some years ago, we used to go the the Chineham Tandoori as a treat because it was a good Indian. I moved back in to Chineham a few years ago and tried it out again. It wasn't how I remembered it, but still adequate for a take-away.
I have tried it a few times since then and it just get's worse every time. The meat is usually over-cooked, the curry is always swimming in grease and it's not cheap.
I have since stopped going here, and prefer to drive further afield to get a decent curry, which is a shame because this would be so convenient.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Never again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Ive persevered over the past 12 months with the Chineham Indian as its local and they offer a delivery service. However the food is now so bad that I will never use them again. The curry is bland, the meat dry and the rice grains on my last meal had fallen into little bits (over cooked/ reheated?). On numerous occasions I've given the management feedback about my experience however they never seem interested and certainly never take any positive action. Last Friday was my last order. Save your money go eleswhere.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Surrey
“Gave it a try, won't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We visited this restaurant on a Friday evening - have been meaning to go for a while as it is local and we went on our bikes. I made a booking for 7.15pm as it is quite small, but when we got there, there was no table ready for us and no sign of our booking! Not a great start.
The place itself is hideously dated and tired. Artex everywhere, red flowery carpets and tables packed in to maximum capacity. Despite this, it was almost full and customers seemed strangely content...It was like an episode of The Sweeney.
Unlike other reviewers, I didn't find the service rude - in fact our waiter was super friendly and helpful. However, that is the end of the positive comments.
The food was not even as good as average, and although we ate it, it wasn't tasty at all. (Ok so the naan bread was ok but it's hard to get that wrong!)
The prices were relatively cheap for ordinary dishes...but I would rather pay a bit more for better food. Our bill was £50 for 2 starters, 2 mains and 4 Cobras.
Finally, the toilets were grim. As you leave, they hand you 4 chocolates and a rose in a plastic wrapper, but even that doesn't make up for the overall badness.
Sorry, but we won't go back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere