“A bit average” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“A bit average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We visited with family shortly after it's conversion to the current state, i.e. while it was still new.

We found the place empty and we felt very small in a large space. The waitress was nice enough but too friendly/nervous which gradually became tiring. The menu was very pretensions and some in the party found it to be awkward to pick something they really liked.

The food was decidedly average, no better than home made and did not meet our expectations. We decided not to have desert as we were not impressed by the starter and main course.

Something didn't agree with me at all, I wasn't ill/sick and I don't think the food was off, but something did not get along with me.

I wish them well and but I don't think I'm in a rush to go back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Just been here for a meal, and throughly enjoyed it. I hate salmon but had the salted salmon for starter & it was fantastic. .Ribeye steak for mains really good. Service great. .. all in all a great little place for a special treat. Well done guys, great job. ..we will be back!

Winchester, United Kingdom
“fantastic lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

what a beautiful place to have a quiet and good meal. The decoration is fantastic, presentation and taste of the food is delightful! I will definitely go there again. I like the fact that when you walk in through the door, you get the homely feel. with all the clocks, it makes the place so beautiful, everything is so nice, the wallpaper, the tables, the cushions, I could go on forever!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Superb food and fabulous service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were there on the 15th Feb for a belated Valentines meal. It really was outstanding. Great decor, service was excellent and extremely friendly and the food well presented and very good! Definitely worth the trip to Overton!

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Fantastic evening and fabulous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Beautiful food full with flavours and great presentation! Had a lovely evening with brilliant service and a lovely, friendly atmosphere. I would recommend this to anyone in the local area and even if not in the area its well worth the travel!

• Visited January 2014