“Happy to wait??” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Basingstoke
“Happy to wait??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Nice food but the delivery time is crazy!
Let's down a nice curry house when the wait is 80 to 90 mins
Do recommend the Vindaloo though. :0)

Visited March 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Best Indian In Basingstoke”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We were delighted with our meal we recently had at the restaurant. This restaurant was recommended by a friend, and I am so pleased we Decided to try it out. The portions were big and the meal was delightful. From now on I will be going there to dine, I had tried many other Indian Restaurants in Basingstoke and in our opinon this is by far the best. I would definitly recommend this Restaurant to everyone.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“One of the best curry houses in Basingstoke!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I am appalled by some reviews left for this resturant. Agra is still by far one of the best curry house in Basingstoke.

I too ordered a takeaway on the 23rd of December. I was told from the start waiting time will be 1 hour 10 mins. But that was fine as it was xmas and there was severe storms/rain. However before the one hour mark I got a call saying that my food will not get to me in 10 mins, as due to the poor weather some roads were closed and it will take the driver a little longer to reach me. They were apologetic. But I understood as the weather was terrible. My food arrived within 15 mins or so. They even gave complimentary poppodoms. They also gave me a 10% discount. Which they didn't have to. As I made no complaints.

So they obviously know how to take care of their customers. Unlike what vampireangel stated. The people are really nice. Back to the food. We ordered Lamb biryani, chicken naga, chicken tikka massala, vegetable niramis, mushroom rices and nans. We shared the food between the three of us. I have got to say the food was delicious. No way could fault the food.

I went to the restaurant on New Years Eve, I ordered the lamb chom chom and pilau rice. I have got to say it was the besy chom chom I have had in a long time. The restaurant wad packed, but service was 1st class.

I also ordered a takeaway on the 5th Jan a Sat night. Busy day, but as stated my food reached within 45 mins. So it can be said they had one slow day on the 23rd Dec . But no reason to slate them, as every place has a bad day.

So anyone reading this. Do go to the Agra. I have been a customer for over a year, and will continue to go there; as i love the food there.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
hampshire
“Mediocre food when it finally turned up :-(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have been a regular diner at the Agra Balti Restaurant over the past couple of years however tonight decided to try their takeout/delivery service. I ordered simply, prawn jalfrezi, rice & a naan at 6.55pm and was told the wait would 1hr to 1hr 10m, which I said was fine as I appreciated they were busy just before xmas. At 8.20pm (1 hr 30m) I was told sorry delayed by the weather be another 10m.......phone again at 8.50pm (2hrs!!) to be told sorry again still the weather be there soon, your bill is £11.70 just give the driver £10....I complained and was told if the driver wasn't there in 4 or 5m it would be free. Generous.....the driver finally turned up at 9.05pm (2hr 15m from ordering) and said that will be £11.70 and I told him to speak to his boss who then demanded £10 from me. Not the end of the story, I unpacked the food in the kitchen to discover it was stone cold.................I heated it up in the microwave and note the takeaway option is nowhere near the standards of the main restaurant. I called again to state it was cold to be advised but he only just left the restaurant it must have been the weather!!

The moral of the story, NEVER EVER VISIT OR ORDER FROM THE AGRA BALTI AGAIN. They do not know the meaning of customer service.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Best curry in Basingstoke & great staff too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We came here for a birthday meal and were really pleasantly surprised. We were met with generous portions of really flavoursome dishes at reasonable prices. Having now tried all of Basingstoke's curry houses, this is by far the best not just in terms of quality but also value for money!