“good food nice people” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Bolton, England, United Kingdom
“good food nice people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Thanks for a good night and nice food

good looking settings and atmosphere

large choice of that food

thanks Paul + p'may

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Poor hygiene, cold food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Poor hygiene rating as we discovered after visit which rather puts you off! Food was cold after a long wait, not recommended

Visited January 2013
Bolton, United Kingdom
“NO THAI EXPERIENCE AT ALL”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Went to Nam Ploy Saturday night with family as we had a fantastic experience before Christmas, this place has definitely gone down hill, theres only 2 Thai girls left, no atmosphere of the Thai experience at all, some Asian guy walking around boasting that how he now owns this another restaurant in Bolton checkers I think, Well thats what we overheard as we were not spoken to at all, as we were walking in and was greeted by another Asian man opening the door, thought I was in a Curry restaurant for a while except the decor hadnt changed!!! food was ok, a bit stingy on the main courses of duck, £10 for 5 small bits of duck with veg, no matter hope the £140 I spent on us all is well spent as we wont be going back here at all unfortunately, off to find another Thai place, sorry but once again ITS SUPPOSED TO BE A THAI RESTAURANT NOT A KEBAB OR CURRY HOUSE

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Not as good as it used to be.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We used to go at least twice a month when it opened but don't go at all any more. The food does not even come close to what is described on the menu. We were also told that the chef was new, that being the case they should get him/her to read the menu to see what the ingredients are. When we told the staff how different the meal was to the menu they appeared indifferent. Result is... We stopped going!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Used to be so nice, not any more”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I don't usually write reviews but was so incensed after going tonight i needed to vent. We used to be regular customers at nam ploy, it was a place that you could rely on always having a good meal in a pleasant atmosphere. I went tonight with my wife and the food was below par and not as fresh and flavoursome as it used to be. We asked the waiting on staff about it and there are new chefs in place.

At the end of the meal i advised the staff that some of the food we were served was was still raw to which we were offered a discount of 2 pounds which was somewhat insulting. I said I wasn't prepared to pay for the dish at which point the manager took what was left of our drinks, gave my wife and i a tirade of abuse, took my coat from the back of my chair and then proceeded to throw us out of the restaurant.

I certainly won't be going back, its such a shame as it used to be one of our favourite restaurants in Bolton. I wouldn't recommend nam ploy to my friends and family after this evenings meal.

Please note: I've marked the service so low to reflect the conduct of the manager rather than the waiting on staff.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere