“Fantastic place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Egerton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have been 3 times once for coffee, once for lunch and once yesterday (Sunday) for a late lunch to celebrate my daughter in law's birthday. The food was first class and the place had a great atmosphere, there were 12 of us varying in age including 4 children. Everyone was thrilled with their food and the service we received. Cannot recommend it enough, go along and try it you will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2014

Horwich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and great ambience - give this place a try you wont be disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Attended Cafe Italia yesterday with a party of 13 for a birthday celebration. Fantastic menu with some absolute stand out dishes. I chose the pan fried sea bass which was just delicious. The kids portions were immense and enjoyed by all. The wine selection is small but conservatively priced. House wine for £12 was quite nice. The thing that sets this place apart from the quality of food is the service - attention to detail but no rushing you through your meal to get the next table in. My dad asked for a cheese board (even though none was advertised on the menu) and they managed to rustle one up with some delicious cheeses.

I would really recommend this place and will be going again and again - give it a go :)

• Visited July 2014
“Brilliant place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Nice surroundings- very friendly staff - great food - going to our new regular place to go. It is not too expensive and a good range if choice. Staff very willing to talk through choices and shown interest in their customers - can't recommend more strongly - go there.

Visited June 2014
Horwich
“Just right!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Called in here for lunch with a business colleague and enjoyed the changes that had been made to the place. We were quickly seated and handed menus. The dining area was bright and clean. There were lots of people in and the place had quite a buzz to it. On previous visits when it used to be The Deli, it had felt like a Mother & Toddler meeting point, but now it was full of regular diners and far calmer.

The food we ordered from the extensive menu arrived quickly and was very tasty indeed. Coffees too were very good. The service was spot on and the ONLY complaint that I had (apart from lack of parking) was the fact that right at the end, they told me they couldn't accept my debit card - cash only!! I found it hard to believe that such an establishment didn't take plastic and it was all the more annoying because no on had mentioned it when we entered. Luckily, we had the cash but it would have been mighty embarrassing if we hadn't!

Anyway. I will definitely be going back for more. :-)

<<<<<< UPDATE >>>>>>>

Since writing the above, I have been back several times with different people and have had both lunches and evening meals. Each time I go there, I am more than pleased with the food and service. They seem to have got it just right!

And of course, they now accept debit/credit cards and have a licence to serve alcohol. Even better! The ONE AND ONLY criticism I have of the place (compared to how it used to be when it was a Deli) is the terribly boring Italian-themed prints that they have hanging on the walls.

The previous owners used to allow local artists to exhibit work and it was a real TREAT to enjoy your lunch or dinner and then enjoy the original art too. BRING IT BACK STEPH!!

:-)

Tom.

• Visited May 2014
Bolton
“great addition to the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We live in Heaton and have now called in for an evening meal, breakfast a couple of times, coffee and icecreams and popping for lunch with friends tomorrow! We have been loyal La Roma customers for years back to when it was at Turton so glad to have our own version so close by where we can walk to. Can tell its going to be a regular place for us! I would definately recommend to everyone to try it as its reasonably priced, great food, happy staff and atnosphere. :)