“Beautiful food and lovely staff” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #124 of 225 restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: Bistro
bolton
“Beautiful food and lovely staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was not quite sure what to expect when we booked. (still thinking it was going to be pub food) .We visited on a Sunday around 2pm. We were the only diners in when we arrived and therefore was lacking the atmosphere. We were shown to our table by a lovely lady and was served throughout by herself and a very nice guy (sorry I don't know your names) Even though we were the only diners in they did not make us feel like were in a fish bowl, but were very attentive throughout, credit to them both. The menu is different and if you are expecting pub food you would be disappointed. It had some fabulous combinations on and along with a good special board made our decision hard to choose. This called for another glass of red wine !!!!

Finally I opted for the seabass to start along with lamb for my main. My husband went for venison for starters and fillet steak for main. The presentation of the food was superb and the quality excellent. So much so that my husband said it was one of the best fillet steaks he has eaten in a while. Not a scrap of food was left on our plates. I am not normally a dessert person but after looking at the dessert menu and enjoying our meals so much we both had a pudding. Again beautifully presented and tasted wonderful.

Whilst having our meal a couple of other tables arrived adding a little to the atmosphere. They both went for the Sunday lunch special which at £8.95 was superb value. The plates of food that came out looked fantastic again.

All in all we had a beautiful meal, value for money was good (we had a taste card), but even at full price we would happily of paid it.

I hope this place succeeds, it is nice to see that kind of care and attention given to your meal,

Good luck !!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Tasty food, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Booked in at very short notice on Friday evening.
We were welcomed by friendly staff and seated immediately.
The room has been decorated and re-carpeted, was warm (even though there were only three other parties present) but in my opinion it is not a Bistro.

The menu was interesting with several fish choices and a specials board.
We ordered starters and mains and were given complimentary bread with dips as we waited.
The food was rich in taste and presented with attention on fine details which we did not expect.
I will say the Chefs work would not be out of place in a bistro...

We enjoyed our meals and decided to share a citrus dessert which was also prettily decorated.
I doubt we will return, but well done to the small hard working 'Team' for attempting to change the ambience of this very old pub building.

• Visited March 2013