“Great place for soup and a sandwich” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Café, Bistro
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Parking front and rearOutside eating areaGluten free products AvailableAlcohol served with food Function rooms x 2 available for all functions Homemade artisan foodMenu updated, revised every 3 months
England
“Great place for soup and a sandwich”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We visited recently as I had been planning to nip over for a while and the Facebook page looks really good. I was really impressed by the decor, very relaxing and comfortable with a touch of class and fashion. The menu was small but interesting and the cakes in the glass display looked delicious. We ordered the deli platter for two with 2 extra sides and a soft drink each and the food arrived quickly. Our initial thought was 'is that all' we asked for some bread to go with the platter but unfortunately the platter and two sides left us both hungry - I would recommend the platter as a brunch rather than a lunch. It also was rather dull, 3 cooked meats, olives, gherkins 1 cheese and tomatoes. The deli counter seemed to have a few different cheese and salamis but none of these where part of the platter.
Having said this I think we just ordered badly. I saw other people who had ordered the soup and sandwich combo which looked substantial and delicious.
When we where leaving hungry and the bill came to almost £30 for lunch it's hard not come away with a slightly poor impression overall.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

bolton
“Just what Bolton has been missing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Visited here yesterday for lunch and I will definately be going back. The menu has plenty of choice from salads and sandwiches to pasta and pies. They also have a great selection of breakfast items. I had the platter for one which is a selection of stuff from the deli. It was absolutely delicious and whilst my boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed his roast beef sandwich he was very envious of the platter and can't wait to go back to order his own. We enjoyed two of the products on the platter so much that we bought some to take home. The service was fast and the place itself is a really nice place to enjoy a relaxed lunch. I will definately be going back soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Creativity at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I live not to far away from Delicieux and often go for a bite to eat and a coffee. The menu offers something completely different from the norm, but also caters for those who like home comforts.

We love the place that much, when my wife and I had to arrange a wedding at extremely short notice (work commitments and relocation) we could think of nowhere more appropriate to hold a small informal reception, than here. Debbie (Owner) was great, she designed a menu for us, all of it extremely creative and she even made us a wonderful cake in the absence of a wedding cake. We all ate, enjoyed a few drinks on the veranda - it could not have been any better.

I'd really recommend visiting Delicieux if your in the area. Debbie and her team make the majority of dishes using local suppliers and on site. This is a real gem and an asset to Bolton.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely food when the order is correct! Disapointing service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I have visited a few times now since the change over. Each time I have been left so disapointed which is such a shame! A few months ago I vistited on a Saturday and they were extremely busy and extremely short staffed, before we ordered out waitor explained to us there would be a wait for our food which we were fine with and glad he told us. However, we waited for over an hour and a half when my food arrived it was cold inside and needed re heating which took about 15 mins by which time my partner had finished his meal. Other tables were walking out it was a nightmare and sad to see.I also asked for sweet potato fries which the waiter only told me they didn't have once my food had been bought to the table. Slightly disapointing. However the manager who was lovely did apologise and I completely understood the pressure they were under that day. I was happy to wait however with the wait i had i would of expected my food to be outstanding. I decided to give them another try recently, they took our order fine however my dish was wrong when it arrived and my drinks didn't arrive before or with my main dish I had to ask for them. Saying this though the food was lovely. Then I went again hoping for better service and once again they got my order wrong. I understand it's a new business and the manager is lovely I just feel the staff need more training, they should be allocated seating areas per waiter/waitress. They should check orders and make sure drinks arrive before or with a meal a least. I really want this business to succeed because Bolton lacks decent local places to eat and their food is great!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I tried Delicieux from a recommendation and what an absolute deli The staff were so friendly and attentative, atmosphere was great.....so relaxing, just what was needed after a hard week at work. The food, well what can I say.. we had the homemade burger and poshrooms, ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. We are definatley going to make this a regular eating place for our family.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere