“Nice but expensive” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice but expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Really good food but the price is a little steep.

Our waitress Emily was fab - really friendly and good at her job.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Worsley, United Kingdom
“Really very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I went to the Tavernfayre on Wednesday lunch for a buisness with two colleagues. The place was absolutely packed , no really packed with people eating in the bar area and restaurant part. We were shown through to a table which I believe happens when it is busy by a lovely lady and directed to s order at the bar. The ordering process was slick and prompt , I asked if we would be waiting as it was so busy, and was told no. Sure enough we did not have a long wait maybe 25 mins, but what impressed all of us was the quality of the food. My male colleague said the Pork and Apple burger with ,lancashire cheese and blackpudding was about the best burger he had ever eaten. Whilst my other colleague and myself had a meal from the specials board, Chicken with a pesto sauce, beautifully presented with roasted cherry tomatoes and rocket. We all enjoyed our food so much we have booked for next month !

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I am sad to say me and my wife where very disappointed by the way everything was handled on this night. We regularly go in the tavern fare and it's a given we waited an hour for sitting down for our meal on the night seeing we had not booked.
Anyway after ordering we waited 15 minutes for our starters which was tomato soup. But then we waited over an hour for our main course which was clearly unacceptable this led to the time being 22.00pm at night before that I had to remind the staff we where still waiting for our meal when it turned up it was to late to eat and more or less most people had left the Resturant. When the meal arrived we told the staff it was to late treat a big meal, and the duty manager came over to talk to us.
When he did he listened to our explanation of the way things had gone but even though he new we where regular customers he just accepted our explanation and took away the meals,not even offering them free or any consolation of booking another free meal at there expense to a valued customer. This was even though we explained to him that it was to late,or took to long for for meal to come out and that we might not come back. This guy is a nice guy but clearly does not know the value of regular customers that are nice to the staff,anyway this is there loss and obviously shows there is a need for staff training in recognising the value of good customers. I hope management read this and follow this up as this is a clear disappointment to us and shows tavenfayre are now just looking at money from customers and not for customers that are regular and come in regularly for good food and service. Pity on tavenfayre and I hope you recognise good customers in the future.

Visited February 2014
Lancashire
“Still good food in pleasant atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Had lunch here Monday and only slight disappointment was the fishmonger had not delivered when we were ordering. I had a good pork and apple burger and my companion had the cheeseburger. They were both very good, if a little pricey at over ten quid each! The beer was as good as always and the relaxed atmosphere is always a winner.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Worsley, United Kingdom
“Good lunch let down by detail.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife & I called in for lunch today for the first time as we were visiting the area.
Our first impression was good as the atmosphere was friendly & the place was warm & welcoming. We chose fish pie & light cod & chips for our meals which took 25 minutes to arrive which was ok as it seemed fairly busy. The server was attentive & helpful & the quality of the food was good for both of our meals. However, although my fish was tasty & nicely cooked the chips were only just warm & the mushy peas were cold which took the edge of the experience for me.
Had the plate been warmed prior to serving it might have improved the situation, after all it's not rocket science it's just good kitchen practice. The restaurant was clean from carpets to ceiling & the toilets were spotless. We would call again despite this slight disappointment.

• Visited January 2014