“Appalling and management don't care” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Appalling and management don't care”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We took our 2 nephews to the play area and we were told we could order our food to arrive after their time was up. (You pay for an hour of playing and we ordered just after we got there.) The cashier gave us our table number and told us we just go to the restaurant next door when the hour of play was done.
Queue 10 mins later when a waitress brought our food out to the play area. Myself and the cashier told her we weren't ready and the waitress said to come to the restaurant ASAP. The kids got 15 mins of play and we begrudgingly went to our table.
The table was sticky and filthy. The cutlery was dirty and we had to go from table to table to find ones which were clean.
They brought the same food back to us again 10 mins later. It was cold.
I ordered a jacket potato which was tiny, cold and undercooked.
I sent it back. They brought me another which was only HALF a potato and still cold.

The waitress was nice when I told her. She said the manager would come to us at the end of our meal. We finished as much of the food as we could.

Waited for the manager for 15 minutes. Plates still in front of us. I could see the manager sat opposite the bar doing nothing.

Finally we got bored and left. No offer to reduce bill etc. You have to pay before you eat and we couldn't be bothered dealing with them any longer.

Kids wanted to continue the rest of their play but we were told we would have to pay again, even though we didn't get 45 mins which we paid for.

Won't be going again. Rubbish microwaved food.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Brilliant party venue 🎉”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

For my 40th birthday celebrations I booked a section of the bar on a Saturday night for a gathering of family and friends. About 60-70 guests. Not your standard private room kind of party, but so much better.
The booking, set-up on the night, buffet & service were all fantastic. All my high maintenance requests were catered for in a fuss free manner :-)
I would recommend to any group of adults looking for the same.
Can't thank Adam & his team enough!
It's ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ from me.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“more than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I never expect much when dining in these kind of pubs, however this was a great surprise. the staff were amazing, so polite and friendly like they really cared about your dining experience. We even had what i presumed to be the manager/landlord personally say good bye and hold the door. After this experience we have been back again and again. Only slight let down, when it is busy e.g. Sunday they do not clean the tables properly because they are rushing to get them back ready, but mid week no issues.

• Visited March 2014
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Good Family Pub, Exceeded my expectations.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I visited the Wacky Warehouse with my children at a childrens party and decided to try the pub. The pub was busy, and the manager found us a table and was very accommodating. The staff were friendly and good with our two young children. The meal I had was good value for money, and our childrens meals were also good, the children enjoyed their meal. I had the 8oz steak and for the price, it was worth it. We enjoyed our day at the Wacky Warehouse and then the pub, and this means that we will definately be back.

• Visited February 2014
“Exceeded Expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

For me, I don't always expect too much when eating in pubs. However, I must say that this place has certainly won me over. I have eaten here around 3 times and I must say that I have enjoyed it thoroughly each time. The prices are amazing for the food you get and I definitely recommend coming here if you're ever in the area!

Tip: The cookie dough pizza is to die for!

• Visited December 2013