“Fully booked on a Wednesday” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Fully booked on a Wednesday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We went to the Hot Chilli last night and the place was full to the rafters now that tells you how good this place is. We are rather picky when it comes to Indian restaurants / takeaways & tend to find most of them a disappointment. However, we have been to the Hot Chilli restaurant & also had their takeaway delivery service, and every time it has been excellent. The food is wonderful, showing a real depth of flavour rather than just chilli spice. The Hot Chilli has so many special curry dishes its hard to pick one out above the others as all the food is divine with tender, well cooked meat and superb spicing. The naan breads are truly excellent & there is a selection of true Indian beers, often lacking from many restaurants. You will find this place a very friendly place as we have and will soon become firm friends with the owners.

• Visited June 2012

lancashire
“strange location but worth going”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

went midweek as a party of 4, from the outside was thinking not sure. However staff and food brilliant, even went and got a taster portion of something we were not sure about ordering as a main course. Will be our indian of choice for bolton and not really had better elsewhere.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester UK
“Hot Chilli.....Quite amazing.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Having recently reviewed the Spice Valley in Horwich and enjoyed....then we decided to go to Hot Chilli in Egerton on Good Friday to see how it compared. Firstly the car parking is confusing, at first there seems no definite place to park as it is on the front of an industrial estate and there are some intimidating looking warning parking signs e.t.c. Fact is you can park anywhere! go up the hill and park near the entrance. We went in at 18:30 so quite early and just a couple of diners then.....nice contemporary setting, wooden floor, high ceiling, contemporary decor, red wall, black wall, white ceiling e.t.c lots of tables and combos 2's 4's etc.
Offered a drink immediately, wine list good, reasonable prices...£14 ish for a Pinot Grigio/Chardonnay etc...£3.25 or so by the glass.
Background music, light pop, easy rock/disco...not the usual Eastern offering in restaurants.....nice change actually. Menu excellent...easy to read good choices, usual curries on offer for mains, choose lamb, chicken etc and have it done as you like.....Vindaloo, Korma, Balti etc....good Tandoori selection and excellent house specialities.....I had Lamb Tandooori to start.....delicious for sure.....amazing taste one of the best yet.....and I have a view that if a restaurant offers house specialities and one of them states that it is the chefs own creation and his personal favourite, then unless his ego outreaches his talent, then one should give it a go as a measure of the restaurant...it was "Jaflong" who knows what would come.....it is actually chicken but done in a most amazing way.....had to be tasted to be believed......really, really first class...My wife had Shahee, a chicken Tikka done with minced lamb sauce, equally unbelievable according to Ann......The night was turning into a really great treat....the staff were lovely, the prices realistic and the food, well, exceptional and I am not a "giveaway" reviewer, I call it as we get it.
In summary, a first class place, hidden gem, glad it is in Bolton...if you like authentic Indian cuisine with a contemporary feel to the experience then this is one for you. It will now be our "Indian in Bolton of choice" Good luck and enjoy

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bolton, United Kingdom
“A warm welcome and delicious food with a lovely ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I have been once with my husband where we turned up having not booked, service and food excellent. We tried to go the next week but couldn't get in as we didn't book. I have booked a table this week and am really looking forward to the resteraunt experience this Saturday

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lamb Bangla, "Worthy of being A Signature Dish worth visiting for"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I visited Hot Chilli a week ago and was impressed with the restaurant and how it is maturing into an establishement worth visiting often . It has become a favourite restaurant with the local clientele. Who I think are keeping it to themelves.
Looking around the restaurant at the cleintele who were sat around my party. I could see many faces who were relaxed and happy with where they were. Its not often that you can go into an establishment these days and see a great ambience. People just glad to be somewhere just for the food and experience. I could see months of hard work, quality of food, attention to detail and customer loyalty present in this establishment.

There is a mark of good rapport with the staff and clientele here.
The food at this establishment is of an excellent standard and the dishes are unique. High quality ingredients are used to create these superb dishes.
If there was a signature dish for this restaurant and i know many of the dishes on the menu could take that place. In my opinion the lamb bangla is a dish worth trying and should take that accolade. It is made from the softest finest fillet of lamb and cooked wiht a secret blend of herbs and spices which give it that wonderful taste. The spice level can be upped for those who discern more of a hit on the pallete or enjoyed at a more conventional spice level.
This is an excellent restaurant and I believe the best is yet to come. On my visit the clientele were off a broad spectrum . Ranging from families to couples. There were even a good number of Indian families on the night.
You can always tell the quality of food if the local people and asian families visit.
I have visited a vast number of restaurants up and down the country and from my experience this is one of Boltons premier restaurants and I can only see it going from Strength to Strength.It will not be long before the rest of Bolton beocmes aware of this establishment.
I only hope the next time I go which will not be in the not so distant future I can get a table booked as on a Saturday night the tables go pretty quick. I cant wait for the summer months when the courtyard and terrace will be open for dining .
Well done Hot Chilli. Please keep up the good work