“nice experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
London, United Kingdom
“nice experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed at Holiday Inn in Bolton couple of times but I have to say I was never disappointed. Staff very friendly and helpful from reception to housekeepers who serviced my room. Rooms bit dated but always very very clean.
Definitely recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with Holiday Inn Bolton.

I am pleased to read that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly; they always try to extend the highest level of service to our guests and I am very proud of all the members of staff here for doing so nearly every time.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Location of this hotel is excellent for the proximity to the town centre. Easy walking distance to the shops, businesses and train station.
Great welcome from the reception staff on arrival, couldn't have been more accommodating with a request to change rooms - i had been given a smoking room first. Staff in all areas were very friendly and even remembered my name on my second visit the next week - impressive.
Room was spacious, clean and had everything i needed.
The food served in the restaurant was delicious especially the curry night on Wednesday's. Fresh ingredients and a good choice on offer. Did feel that drinks were a bit pricey though.
Breakfast was vast choice of buffet style items and also had others cooked to order such as pancakes - recommend these! , boiled eggs , kippers etc. Book breakfast the night before and you get it for £10 instead of £14.95 on the day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that our members of staff were accommodating and ensured that you were moved to a more adequate room.

We strive to use only the best ingredients in our restaurant and I am pleased that the freshness really came through in your meal. I’m very happy that you enjoyed our food so much.

Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We just wanted a couple of nights away and this was close, and didn't use too many of our Holiday Inn Priority Club points. We thought we might eat out for evening meal but a diners club card gave us a discount at the hotel restaurant; there was also a standard offer of a meal for two (2 courses, and a glass of wine each) for £29.99 so that's a good deal. Breakfast at £10 pp if booked on arrival - good full English, with kippers if you asked. Food was fine, and plentiful (on the set deal or a la carte).

Obviously a slack time for a mainly business hotel, but we found the staff very friendly (e.g. happy to google for local info). There was 30 mins internet free with your own laptop in the lounge, but at a price in your room. Very comfy bed, but aircon rather noisy. TV had poor picture. Leisure facilities a bit limited (gym, sauna, small pool) but better than nowt. Room on west side so got a sunset over Rivington Pike.

Suited us for what we wanted - and they promise better TVs soon.

Room Tip: West side avoids street noise, but might get some noise from external extractor fans.
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that while with us you managed to take advantage of our new ‘Two Dine for £29.99’ menu. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us including your breakfast and our members of staff were helpful too.

Blackburn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Check in easy mid week and early afternoon got us up to our room in 5mins. The room was a bit jaded and looking tired. I think the room was generally clean but the bathroom was not to the usual standard not filthy but certainly not in the bath and tiles a little bit of elbow grease would go a long way.
We like the hotel and have stayed here several times over the last couple of years as its location is great for the local casino and the restaurant is brill. We paid £92 and DBB and with the £23pp allowance for evening meal and a drink thrown in for eating before 7.30pm it was a good deal. Think a quiet word with housekeeping is required or maybe a little overhaul before things really start to go down hill.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback on your recent stay with Holiday Inn Bolton.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us but I am sorry that you found your bathroom to not be of the standards we usually hope to extend to our guests.

If you could email me on hibolton@qmh-hotels.com quoting your name, room number and date of stay I will launch an investigation into the cleanliness of the rooms.

I hope this hasn’t tainted your view of Holiday Inn Bolton and you will give us the chance to make it up to you.

Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

POOR , INATTENTIVE, UNFRIENDLY, AGRESSIVE STAFF. AVOID THIS HOTEL. ROOMS ALSO BELOW PAR, SOFT MATRESS SLEPT BADLY TOO ... DEFINTELY MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME ...WE WILL NEVER VISIT AGAIN

Long wait to check in. I said we would wait in bar until they had room cleaned. Eventually I went back to reception and got a room. WHY DID RECEPTION NOT FIND US IN BAR 15 FEET AWAY ! ! !

Room only so so for a H/Inn, I have had much better in this chain. Old tube TV's, limited channels, Fridge plugged in, switched on but broken as room temp.

Agressive male checkout desk employee then totally ruined stay , agressive reminda about vacating rooom, threat to charge my room a full extra day if not out in less than 15 minutes AND this hotel has unusual, unexpected 11am checkout which was never mentioned at checkin. Employee then lied to his manager in front of me

Room Tip: Rooms dated, tube TV;s etc, no useful advice possible.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for writing your review following your recent stay from which I was very disappointed to hear your comments. I have fully investigated all the points you raise with the department heads concerned and would like to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

The Terms and Conditions of all our reservations are displayed regarding check out times and these should have been explained to you by our Reception Team. The check out time is 11 a.m. which then allows our Housekeeping Team to turn the bedroom around for our guests to check in at 2.00 p.m. It is our Company policy to charge guests for a late check out as the room cannot be used for a 2.00 p.m. check in. If our Reception Team appeared unprofessional or unsympathetic it was certainly not their intention.

If you would like to discuss the matter further with me please contact me on 01204 879988 or via e-mail on gm.hibolton@qmh-hotels.com

Regards

Altrincham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Attended a wedding here recently. The wedding ceremony started at 2.30pm and unbelievably were told that we couldn't book in until 2pm. I tried to reason with the receptionist, she was immovable. Even though I said we were travelling a distance and needed to get ready, she suggested the toilets. There isn't any exceptions between normal guests and wedding guests, noot goood. We arrived at 1.50 and there was a queue to book in, only 1 trainee member of staff on reception, not her fault.

The wedding was in the old part off the hotel in the church itself, it was beautiful as was the table set up. The food was good, the service was okay, we waited a long time after asking for more gravy, as there clearly wasn't enough for 8.

The drinks were hotel prices ...

The room was modern and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast the following morning which is buffet style was excellent as were the staff, polite and efficient.

So all in all I would recommend this hotel, but there are things that can be improved upon. Early check in for wedding guests would be a start

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed us as a wedding venue; the church really is stunning.

I'm glad that you also enjoyed good service and food at breakfast as well as your rooms.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

went for just a weekend and really nice experience. The reception staff told me where to go and what to see i was not well on one of the days the reception staff really cared for me all the time i needed hot water and milk they gave me and asked anytime you need just tel us, really impressed. over all was good but i wasn't well one day which was bad but the hotel facilities and staffs are fab. really good staff thank you all.
Bolton is really good place to visit if you visit Bolton visit this hotel you will be glad to use the services

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Bolton Centre? Share your experiences!