“Convienient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bolton Whites Hotel

You added Bolton Whites Hotel to your Saves list
Bolton Whites Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   De Havilland Way | Horwich, Bolton BL6 6SF, England (Formerly De Vere Whites Hotel)   |
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
York, Yorkshire
“Convienient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a good spot just off the motorway and great value.

An okay room, not latte but adequate, loads and loads of on site parking.

I didn't get chance to try breakfast or the gym & pool but would have liked to.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay.

I do hope to welcome you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I am 3 weeks in to a proposed 6 month stretch at the Bolton Whites Hotel and so far I have to say I have been very impressed. Having come from a previous 14 month stay in a Hotel I did have high expectations and the staff have matched it in every way possible I cannot thank them enough.

The only reservation I’ve had as mentioned in a few reviews is that the Tv’s are in need of upgrading but I have been assured this process is underway and so that is a big positive.

There are several large communal areas, an in house hairdressers & barbers which I have used and they good a very fresh trim. The leisure facilities are a good size ( I do not swim but the pool certainly looks good)

Location wise its spot on within a stones throw (if you have a good arm) of the train station yet far away so as not to be disturbed. There is also a retail park around the corner which has come in handy.

The main thing that has left an impression so far is the level or service received from the staff. They all seem incredibly willing to accommodate requests across all departments which is not something I was anticipating at all.

Although I am here on business I would have no reservations in recommending this Hotel for personal use as it truly is fantastic. It is an extremely unique experience to reside inside a football stadium. As the months go on & colleagues & friends stay i shall gather feedback and update accordingly but i have settled in very quickly thanks to the staff here.

Room Tip: If you are able to get a pitch view room.. spend the little extra and take it. A unique experience
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear David S,

Thank you for reviewing Bolton Whites Hotel on Tripadvisor. I am extremely pleased that you have settled in well and the hotel has exceeded your expectations. I will forward your kind comments to all staff this will act as a motivator.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself if you need any assistance. Once again, many thanks for the review we will look forward welcoming further reviews.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This hotel is part of the Bolton Wanderers Reebock Stadium. It is run by De Vere. The standards are pretty high in most respects. The room was comfortable and overlooked the pitch which was an interesting view. In fact the room is clearly converted into an Executive Box on match days as there is access (locked) to seats in front of it. All in all a pretty decent if standard four star hotel room.

There are a lot of large public areas to the hotel - geared to the large numbers when there is a game on. They are pleasant but a bit empty and souless when only a few people around. I believe there are leisure facilities but I had no time to check these out.

The hotel is next to a retail park with the usual range of chain restaurants you find in these places. The train station is nearby with a decent service to Manchester and Preston.

I was a little disappointed in breakfast - not much I could put my finger on but it just seemed a little dull.

I would cheerfully stay here again for business.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pitch is probably as good a view as you will get
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for reviewing Bolton Whites Hotel on Tripadvisor. We recently became and independent hotel, now owned by Bolton Wanderers Football Club. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

I was disaapointed to read that breakfast did not meet your expectations. I will forward your comments to the Operations Manager.

Once again, many thanks for the review we will look forward to welcoming you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the near future.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst on business. Whites in just off the motorway system and is part of the Reebok Stadium. Easy to find, ample, convenient free parking, ultra quick check in. I had the good furtune to be upgraded to a penthouse suite, lots of space, all very clean with a really comfy bed. I ate in the restaurant overlooking the pitch, which was novel, the food was very fresh and tasty and not too pricey.

Will definetly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Bolton Whites Hotel on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed yours stay. I will forward your kind comments to the Catering, Housekeeping and Reception team, this will act as a motivator for all team members.

Connahs Quay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Given the facilities on offer and the convenience of the location this place offers excellent value for money. The gym is fairly well equipped, the pool is a good size and I enjoyed using the steam room and jacuzzi. There are shops and restaurants within walking distance but given the quality of food in the hotel restaurant there's no reason to go out to eat. An added bonus of my recent stay was listening to the impressive singing of the Fijian Rugby League team whilst having a drink in the hotel bar. (Given how polite they all were and Wales' recent form they have become my adopted team for the World Cup!)

Minor quibbles: my colleague booked a table in the brasserie for six at reception on our first night. However the brasserie wasn't open that night and even the restaurant doesn't open until half past six. One of the waitress's told us this happens often.

Whilst moving the armchair in my room I found what I thought was false teeth but turned out to be plastic fangs, presumably left from Halloween. Makes you wonder how thoroughly the rooms are cleaned. Also the TV was an old style one with very poor picture quality. In previous answers to reviews the promise of new ones is mentioned so hopefully this happens sooner rather than later.

On checkout when I tried to pay for the meal I'd eaten on the first night I was told I owed nothing. At first we thought it had been charged to my colleague but the credit card number quoted was unfamiliar to us both. Needless to say I gave my card and hopefully the other guest has been refunded.

Despite the odd irritation I very much enjoyed my stay here. Every member of staff I encountered was polite and helpful, particularly in the restaurant, breakfast was great and the bar had a good selection of drinks available. Overall I'm looking forward to going back at some point in the future.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review Bolton Whites Hotel on Tripadvisor. May I firstly apologise for the mishap with your reservation at the Brasserie, I will discuss this issue with the Reception Manager.

May I also apologise for the plastic fangs which were left in your room, our Housekeeping team work hard to keep cleanliness to a high standard, I will however bring this incident to the attention to the Housekeeping Manager.

We ae now an independent hotel and are now owned by Bolton Wanderers Football Club, within this we will be upgrading all of the televisions in each bedroom. Once again, many thanks for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the near future.
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights on business. The check in process was quick and easy. The room was very comfortable with a king size bed, ample storage and a bathroom with bath and shower. The room was spotlessly clean.

The gym is open 6.30am - 9pm and is equipped well enough for a hotel. There are treadmills, cross trainers and a rower, some resistance machines and free weights.

The room rate was very reasonable for a 4 star property.

The formal restaurant in the hotel overlooks the Reebok stadium pitch. The standard of food was excellent and once again, very reasonably priced. Food is also served in a less formal cafe / bar area. Catering is provided by Heathcotes, and it was really good. All freshly prepared, tasty and piping hot. The portions were very generous.

All the staff were friendly and helpful.

In summary, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends or colleagues.

Room Tip: Romms overlooking the Reebok stadium pitch are available at a premium rate.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Bolton Whites Hotel on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that our hotel exceeded your expectations. I will forward your kind comments to both the Catering and Leisure staff, this willl act as a motivator for all team members.

Once again, many thanks for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the near future.
Matlock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was the first time I've actually stayed overnight although have used the hotel several times when going to fottball games. Bar was as good as ever.
Good to park right outside the hotel even though there was a home game. I found the hotel layout a bit bemusing as the lift went to what was shown as against the bedroom number but then I had to go up a flight of stairs; this seemed to be the case on the floors above the first. Not sure how this works for disabled people- might be worth checking.
The room was clean and bed comfy; nice towels and pillows too. Only drawback for me was no air-con, just a fan so I would expect the room to get hot in the summer. TV signal was poor. Otherwise better than most chain hotel rooms in terms of comfort and cleaniness.
We didn't have the breakfast as the area seemed lifeless; Instead we walked through to Frankie and Bennys on Middlebrook and had a full breakfast at £5, toast and unlimited coffee extra; the place was full and they served 'til midday

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for reviewing Bolton Whites Hotel on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. Our Housekeeping team work extremely hard to keep cleanliness to a high standard. We are now an independent hotel and are now owned by Bolton Wanderers Football Club, within this we will be upgrading all of the televisions in each bedroom. The breakfast area is also being refurbished.

Once again, thank you or taking the time to write a review and I do hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Bolton Whites Hotel? Share your experiences!