“Interesting omelette” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bolton Whites Hotel

You added Bolton Whites Hotel to your Saves list
Bolton Whites Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   De Havilland Way | Horwich, Bolton BL6 6SF, England (Formerly De Vere Whites Hotel)   |
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Interesting omelette”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed a this Hotel for 2 nights whilst on business and was most impressed overall.The Conference facilities were light and spacious and just the right temperature,but the long corridors to access them from the main Hotel are quite tiresome.
The rooms were clean and quiet,in fact I slept very well,but I think they need to upgrade to flat screen TV's in the rooms and Air conditioning because it is very noisy from the road when the windows were open.
My only criticism was the breakfast,it was generally very good until I decided to order a ham omelette! After 15 mins. this omelette had still not arrived,on inquiry I was told the Chef had burned the first one and was now making me another. After another 15 mins. the elusive omelette finally arrived,by this time the rest of my colleagues had finished their breakfast! This omelette was the most disappointing I have ever eaten, greasy and over cooked with the ham just sprinkled on the top,not folded in.
Generally I would recommend this Hotel to even non football fans,like me,but don't order an omelette for your breakfast!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Herbertina,

Many thanks for your feedback, after having recently stayed at De Vere Venues Whites, Bolton for 2 nights whilst on business.

I am delighted to note that you were most impressed with the overall levels of service and that the rooms were clean and quiet and that you slept very well.

I am pleased to confrim that we are in the process of updating all guest bedrooms with flat screen TVs and that I have also spoken with the chef, whilst you found the breakfast to be generally very good, you were disappointed with your ham omelette. I wish to confirm that all chefs have now been trained on how to prepare and present an omelette and I am absolutely confident that you will enjoy a fantastic freshly prepared omelette upon your next visit to the hotel.

I would like to once again thank-you for your very constructive feedback, which I truly value and appreciate receiving and that my team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future and until then remain with,

Warm regards,

Gordon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Preston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a bank holiday and we loved it. The service was the really good. The room was very clean with sky sports on TV for the lads. The breakfast was extra and we were glad we decided to have it as it was really good. We got back to the hotel late and the bar was closed but they could not do enough for us and opened the bar so we could have a night cap. We will go back soon.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear fun2bwiu,

Thank-you for taking the time to leave such amazing feedback on Tripadvisor after having recently stayed with us at De Vere Venues Whites.

I am particualy pleased to note that you found our service to be really good and that your bedroom was very clean with sky sports on TV for the lads.

I have passed on your great feedback to the head chef regarding our breakfast, which I note you thoroughly enjoyed and despite getting back to the hotel quite late on in the evening, the night porter could not do enough for you an duly opened the bar so you could enjoy a night cap.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming ou back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future and until then remain with.

Warm regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've stayed here before and it was good to see the service is as good as before. The check in staff are helpful and smiley, which is nice. Free WiFi that works on the 4th floor.
Breakfast is very good - excellent porridge and fresh cooked bacon and eggs. Only tiny gripe was the limited choice of room drinks (only 1 chocolate sachet). View form the front of the hotel is boring - carparks, some rooms apparently look onto the Bolton football ground (The hotel is part of the Reebok stadium). Local taxis easily booked.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear manieast,

Many thanks for your recent feedback on Tripadvisor.

As a returning guest, I am delighted to hear that you once again enjoyed the level of service at De Vere Venues Whites and that you found the staff at check in to be helpful and smiley as well as enjoying free Wi-Fi throughout the property.

I note that you were also happy with the quality of the breakfast with particular regards to the quality of our porridge and freshly cooked bacon and eggs.

Please note that I have spoken with my head housekeeper to ensure that all rooms have sufficient quantites of coffee, tea and hot chocolaate sachets available in all bedrooms.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the near future and until then remain with,

Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We booked a room here as we held my Uncles wake at a suite in the hotel, the staff went the extra mile the whole time including taking a group of the kids down to the pitch and a mini tour, amazing. The food was lovely and the breakfast had something for everyone. The room was clean and comfortable but did get really warm and as was patio doors leading to the terrace it was locked so couldn't get any fresh air in, lovely view of the pitch from room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JulieandMark9-10-11,

Many thanks for the fantastic feedback which you recently left on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn that your were so impresd with my team going the extra mile, taking a group of children down to the pitch on a mini tour.

I have passed on your feedback to the chefs with regards to your comments of the food being lovely and appreciate and thank you for your comments in that you also enjoyed the view of the pitch from your room.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welocming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future and until then remain with.

Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was our first stay at Whites and we were impressed with the welcome we received at reception and the modern 'Art Deco' feel of the place. There was more than ample free parking, although I don't know what it would be like on match days. The location just off the M61 and near Horwich Parkway train station is very accessible and convenient. Manchester is only 30 minutes away by train.
Our room was comfortable but we were a little disappointed with the old style TV. The bath was a good size but the shower screen lacked a base seal and it was impossible to prevent water escaping onto the bathroom floor.
The buffet breakfast was acceptable, though a little cool on the first morning, but one of our cups and the coffee pot were cracked. Something I would not expect in a four star hotel.
Although we were generally impressed with the friendliness of the staff, the hotel information guide in the room stated "Please note guests are not allowed to bring their own food and drink for personal consumption on the property. A £30 fine will be imposed if seen or reported." In my opinion, this is somewhat threatening and not the warmest welcome to extend to hotel guests. However, the hotel is next to a large retail park with a good selection of restaurants and fast food outlets, so there is no need to eat in the hotel. There are also M&S, ASDA and Tesco stores nearby. So you could buy sandwiches or snacks to take away: not that I would suggest trying to sneak them past reception and eating them in your room!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Lancestrian,

Many thanks for your recent feedback on Tripadvisor.

Please be advised that plans are afoot to replace all TVs in our guest bedrooms within the hotel and I have instructed our maintenance manager to address all seals in showers, which is part of the regular ongoing maintanance programme.

I am pleased to note that you were generally impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the food and beverage charges are there to prevent people bringing meals in from the retail park which is opposite the hotel and I apologise if you found this to be somewhat threatening and not the warmest welcome to extend to hotel guests.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if i may be if any further assistance. I remain with,

East Horsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Not having visited the Reebok Stadium ever before, I was soon to realise that the De Vere White's Hotel was quite a unique venue.Whilst being a part of a number of exhibitors at the event, it was extremely convenient to have a hotel right next door to the exhibition venue that I was attending.

However, if you are attending an event I found that there were two ways to get through to the hotel from the exhibition area which essentially is the main reception for football ground, a short walk outside the building in a clockwise direction using the hotel entrance as "6 o'clock", takes you round to the men public entrance for what appears to be the conference/exhibition Centre. However if the weather is bad, the last thing you want to do is to walk outside. There is a route through from the exhibition Centre which takes almost the same amount of time although you do have to have your human GPS skills switched on. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, and extremely well-run hotel with good facilities. Would stay again.

Room Tip: If you want to see the pitch then ask for one of the rooms with a view. The wary of any rooms that y...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear JJWhitmore,

Many thanks for your recent review.

I am delighted to hear that yu had an enjoyable stay with us and that you look forward to returning back to De Vere Venues Whites.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and until then remain with,

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Extremely clean, lovely staff, amazing architectural staircase, mid-blowing views over Bolton Wander's football pitch. Excellent conference ushering and food, 2 great evening meals. Free spa facilites. My only mild complaints - too many fluorescent lights and dark drawn curtains for the conference, and having to go up stairs to go down is a bit disorientating!

Room Tip: First hotel I have seen which actually looks like its photographs!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Karen A,

Many thanks for the fantastic review which you kindly took the time to write on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had an excellent stay with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the venue in the very near future.

Gordon

Been to Bolton Whites Hotel? Share your experiences!