“Excellent business hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bolton Whites Hotel

You added Bolton Whites Hotel to your Saves list
Bolton Whites Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   De Havilland Way | Horwich, Bolton BL6 6SF, England (Formerly De Vere Whites Hotel)   |
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Swansea
“Excellent business hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2008

I stayed at this hotel, as I was spekaing at a conference at the Reebok stadium, thus was incredibly convenient. I arrived at the hotel following a 7 hour train journey in horrible weather, and it was a relief that I was checked in and in my room within 5 minutes of arriving at the hotel. My check out the following morning was similarly efficient, and conducted in a polite, friendly and professional manner.
My room was of good size and well equipped with hairdryer and iron/ ironing board. As I was too tired to be bothered to go to the restaurant, I opted for room service. Whilst this was pricey (isn't room service always!), the ordering system was without issue and eventhough I was told that my order would take 30minutes, it was in my room within 20 minutes. For room service, I would rate the quality of food as pretty good.
I had an excellent stay at this efficient hotel, and couldn't find fault with any aspect of my stay.

• Liked — Service and facilities
  • Disliked — It was in Bolton!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2008

Overall a great experience - of course I can only comment on the stay from my perspective, which as it was organised by work then I cannot comment on the financial aspects!

I stayed for one night on the 5th March. Arrived 8pm; greeted by very professional staff, very quick to process me (despite three people being in front) and everything done with a minimum of fuss. I was given a room on the 6th floor (room 714). The hotel is totally smoke free.

When I opened the room - wow. I'd been upgraded to a penthouse suite!! They must have been full, as the jeans and t-shirt dont usually have that affect (and believe me work are not that generous!)

The suite itself was superb - very clean, not damaged/soiled at all, & large. Hopefully the pictures do the room justice.

Went out with a colleague for a meal in Manchester, came back around 11.30pm - security on the door, polite & professional. Bar area very clean & relaxed in very comfortable surroundings.

Breakfast in the morning - excellent choice and standard. Checkout took literally 30 seconds, again professional.

So overall - a wonderful stay. As I said before, I can only take things as I see them - you may not have the joy of a penthouse suite or may think you've been overcharged - fair enough. But from my perspective - an awesome stay!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
plymouth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for our Wedding Anniversary at the end of January.We were unfortunate as there was a private party booked and a lot of the guests around our room were noisy well into the night. The reception sorted out the noise at 1245 am but then it started all over again at 400am!!. The room doors do slam and make a loud echo along the whole corridor and the room next to ours were having an argument and the noise kept us awake.
In the morning the front desk staff were quick to acknowledge our complaint as they had a record of it and they promised that as we had pre paid in full they would get the Duty Manager to conta\ct us to see what could be done.
I have contacted the hotel on several occasions and nobody has bothered to contact me.
I would say that the management at this hotel are indifferent to customer service standards.

• Liked — modern clean rooms
  • Disliked — lack of sound insulation
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2008

The hotel is part of the Reebok stadium and is located adjacent to junction 6 of the M61, quite a way from Bolton town centre. There is plenty of parking but the car park will be more crowded if Bolton Wanderers are playing at home. Room rates here vary hugely it was worth shopping around for the best deal, try booking well in advance. Reception staff were pleasant and efficient. Many housekeeping staff don't appear to speak English which could be a problem if you need to ask for anything. The room was fine, modern in design with double bed, dressing table, TV, lounger chair and table. The bathroom was fine. One problem - the hairdryer cut out after 30 seconds, luckily I didn't have an important meeting to attend! There was plenty of hanging space for clothes but no drawers. Breakfast was a standard hotel buffet with hot choices, cerals, breads but not much fruit. The gym was quite small but I suppose that is to be expected in a hotel. If you like English beer, I recommend the Pendle Witch pub in nearby Atherton.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Bit pricey
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2008

My wife and I booked a suite for a quick get away. Ok the hotel is essntially part of a footbal stadium but it does little to detract from it once inside.

The room was very modern, open plan with screens and spacious. The bed was delightful. A very nice stay for couples and indeed busines travellers.

The reception staff were not welcoming and came across as snobbish. On check in my wife was told in a very matter of fact unapologetic way that we couldn't have a smoking room. Even though this was what we booked and had written confirmation of that fact. However my wife being the woman that she is mirrored the receptionists attitude and the non-existent smoking room suddenly materialised. I would say frankly the receptionist was very rude and I have seen better welcomes at Hostels.

A shame as the hotel has a lot to offer of course it would be wrong to judge all staff on the basis of one person but first impressions last.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — The reception staff
  • Stayed May 2006
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Rhyl, Denbighshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2008

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights between Christmas and New Year with my partner, unfortunately I was unwell whilst I was there, I had the dreaded flu.

This hotel was easy to find, located within the Reebok Stadium which I thought was amazing, I have never seen a football stadium before, I only live in Rhyl! The reception was large, polite helpful reception staff, first impressions, very good.

The room was modern, nicely decorated, a nice bathroom, clean and comfortable.

Leisure club, nice, clean, free lockers, free towels, steam room, jacuzzi and sauna. It wasnt too busy in there so that was nice.

There was a wedding on at the hotel on the Saturday and what did annoy me was they thought they owned the place, very rude - but I avoided them all as much as possible!

We ate in a pub just over the way on both nights, the food was lovely there. We did not go into Bolton but there was a large retail park within walking distance with a cinema, bowling and several shops. There was also a 24 hour asda which was useful for me, i needed more medication for my flu, Asda was right next door.

Breakfast in the mornings, the 1st morning I was unhappy with the seats we were awarded, they did not ask if it was ok so we didnt really get and choice or a chance to ask to move, we were shoved on a tiny table under a false palm tree. We did not get asked on the 1st morning if we wanted tea or coffee and the staff were too busy running round after what I think were the guests from the wedding the day before. The 2nd morning, great seat, better service and got a pot of tea too! Food was nice at breakfast, lots of choice, full english, as much toast as you want and also cereals and crumpets.

Overall, if I hadnt have been ill, my stay at this hotel would have been good, would have been even better if the wedding guests werent as rude and ignorant as they were.

• Liked — Leisure Club and room
  • Disliked — Rude Wedding Guests!!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2008

booked this hotel through hotel website (which was suprisingly cheaper than a lot of last minute websites) got a great deal of £58 for the room including breakfast. The hotel is easy to find as it is built into the reebok stadium! There are plenty of parking spaces!! and there is a retail park within walking distance where there are several shops, and a few fast food places + a bowling alley with a bar- which can be useful as you cannot pay cash at the hotel bar after 11! We were told you had to have put credit on your room card to be able to purchase a drink after this time! The hotel was lovely - and clean throughout. We used the swimming pool area which was quite small but still very nice. We were dissapointed that there were only around 10 hotel rooms with views onto the pitch - and we were not lucky enough to be allocated one of these. Although you can get a good view of the pitch from the restaurant. The rooms were very clean, and the staff helpful. At breakfast there was plenty of choice and the food was lovely! Had a great time here and would definately stop here again!

• Liked — nice rooms
  • Disliked — not able to pay cash at bar after 11pm!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Bolton Whites Hotel? Share your experiences!