“Lovely hotel built into reebok stadium!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bolton Whites Hotel

You added Bolton Whites Hotel to your Saves list
Bolton Whites Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   De Havilland Way | Horwich, Bolton BL6 6SF, England (Formerly De Vere Whites Hotel)   |
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel built into reebok stadium!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked this hotel last min as working in Bolton. Looked good on Internet but even better when I saw it for myself! Lovely place to stay. Asked for a quiet room as there just for work& couldn't believe it when I got a room which looked straight onto the stadium football pitch( no one playing at time I may add) but didn't expect the view as my window was from wall to wall . Room large & comfy. Only thing I can really fault was the tv was old& not flat screen. But that didn't really bother me so just being picky as room was very good . Reception staff very accommodating. Will certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear dawn505,

Many thanks for the lovely feedback which you recently left on Trip Advisor after having stayed with us at De Vere Venues Whites, Bolton.

I am delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable experience with us and my team and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and until then remain with.

Kind Regards,

Gordon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a pleasure to stay at this hotel, four star hotel with ten star quality.The staff were some of the friendliest and most efficient i have met, they really did go the extra mile to make you feel welcome and more lik a friends than a guest.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the Reebok football stadium, book early to ask for one.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear bigGwynRam,

Many thanks for the amazing feedback which you recently left on Tripadvisor,

I am delighted to learn that you found De Vere Venues Whites to be a MUST STAY, a four star hotel with ten star quality, that the staff were some of the friendliest and most efficient you have encountered and that we really did go the extra mile to make you feel welcome and more like friends than a guest

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future and thank-you for taking the time to provide us with your great feedback.

Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Received a phone call last minute, claiming my booking had be overbooked due to the system crashing. I now have had to stay elsewhere at a late notice.

For a hotel chain the size of De Vere this is appalling and would never happen with the other hotel chains with more credence.

A huge let down after looking forward to staying so much.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Solo_traveller1031,

Many thanks for you recent feedback which you recently left on Tripadvisor,

I apoligise in that you were let down at the last minute, howeve we had no advance knowledge of our system crashing.

I fully appeciate your frustrations with regards to the late notice to your kindself and would very much appreciate if you can contact me diectly to resolve this in a manner that is amicable to you.

I look foward to hearing fom you in due course and until then remain with,

Dalbeattie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband & myself stayed two nights in this hotel, First room we were offered had no window which i thought might be a bit claustraphobic,I brought this to the attention of reception staff who immediatly moved us to the amazing room overlooking the stadium..which we loved!!!!The breakfast was very good also room very clean..The staff were great, especially girls on reception, really friendly...The glass lift was also good.My husband would have liked a flat screen tv in room.... we enjoyed our trip to Trafford Centre .We will definatly use this hotel again. 22/10/12

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet, kept looking out window onto stadium....would have been great if there had...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Alexandra S,

Many thanks for the kind and complimentary feedback which you recently left on Tripadvisor,

I wish to apologise for the initial room that you were allocated but note you were delighted with the pitch view which you were moved to.

Its always nice to eceive such geat feedback about my team in paticular with regards to the hotels receptionists.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future and thank-you once again for taking the time to provide us with your great feedback.

Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here on business recently and couldn't fault it. I got a great deal, a pitch view room and contrary to some other guest reviews, I thought the whole place was clean, modern and very well maintained. Put it another way, it was much better than my experience at a couple of other De Vere hotels I've stayed in recently.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear L4dge,

Kind Regards,

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here for a short break with my husband and two teenage daughters. We took advantage of their £19.00 per room sale. The hotel is located next to a retail park with restaurants, cinema, shops and 24 hour Asda and Tesco (there is a small beauty salon in Tesco).. We did not eat at the hotel as I am not prepared to pay the prices they ask for breakfast (this is how they make up their money). If you don't like football, the Trafford Centre is only half an hours drive away with masses of shops and leisure activities (indoor real snow skiing, etc.)

Our accommodation was clean and the minor extras, like bottled water and biscuits, were still provided despite the rate we were paying. Clean towels were provided daily although we didn't necessarily need them changing. For environmental reasons, perhaps they should put notices in bathrooms (like I have seen in other hotels) which suggest that towels that need changing should be put in the bath.

One minor gripe is the noise of the hotel lift. As we live in the country, we are used to silence.Our bedroom (611) was the nearest room to the lift and the noise tends to start at 6am ish and becomes less frequent at midnight (we arrived on a Sunday and left Wednesday). The traffic noise was not as loud as the lift.

Given the facilities in the area and the price was paid, we would definitely return.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, ask for a room away from the lift.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Crown27,

Many thanks for your very kind feedback which you recently left on Tripadvisor.

My team and I are truly delighted to receive such wonderful feedback and high recognition from your kindself.

My team and look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future and until then remain with,

Warm regards,

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

stayed for one night, had a room that overlooked the football pitch, though not a football fan it was very impressive.
friendly staff throughout, had a bar meal which was also pretty good, breakfast in bed, again first class.
all in all a most pleasant stay, professional, friendly and competent. well done to all.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear dino9928,

Many thanks for the amazing feedback which you recently left on Tripadvisor,

I am delighted to learn that you had avery enjoyable stay with us and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Gordon

Been to Bolton Whites Hotel? Share your experiences!