“Perfect for Manchester” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bolton Whites Hotel

You added Bolton Whites Hotel to your Saves list
Bolton Whites Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   De Havilland Way | Horwich, Bolton BL6 6SF, England (Formerly De Vere Whites Hotel)   |
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Preston, United Kingdom
“Perfect for Manchester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

My Wife and I stayed here recently whilst spending some time relaxing in Manchester.

We drove from Preston and the hotel couldn't be easier to find. We planned to park up, take the train from Horwich Parkway (3 minutes walk from the hotel, turn right from the main entrance and cross the road in front, it's just down past the Harvester. £3.75 return for an adult, takes about 15 minutes to Oxford Road, 5 more to Piccadilly) for a spa treatment day at Banatine's.

We popped in quickly to ask if we could park up whilst in Manchester, and cheekily asked if the room was ready. Wonderfully it was, and at 10am (officially check in is 3pm) we were in our room! We went into Manchester and back without any issue.

There are ASDA and Tesco stores on the retail park which we used, and also Pizza Hut, McDonald's, KFC, Nandos, a Chinese, a bar and a couple of Italians. We took pizza back to the room with no comments from staff.

The restaurant has an amazing view of the ground and pitch, steak was £23, other staples were around £13 per main course.

The room was big (we had a suite) with a sitting room, bedroom, and huge bathroom. Everything was clean and well presented. The sofa bed was in poor condition and the tellies were terribly outdated! But the staff and bed and general standards in the hotel were excellent.

We used the health club. A nice pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. All clean and free for guests. Think there was a gym but can't remember for sure.

Finally we were able to get a late check out at no extra cost to really top off a cracking weekend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear BillyMcBeard,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with such fantastic feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at De Vere Veneus Whites, Bolton. My team and I are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future!!

Gordon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
bedford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I had intended to stay at this hotel next week, but after initially emailing them to ask which room I should book to get a pitch view room (as the website is truely aweful and has no information what so ever) I had a reply back saying there are rooms available and I had to book it directly through them. So I emailed back asking for a price and to book the room but after 2 days I still have had no reply, I guess business is that good that they don't need to fill there rooms.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear adampettifer,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide me with your feedback regarding your upcoming reservation at De Vere Venues Whites. I have now fully investgated the e-mail correspondence that you have sent through to my team and wish to apologise for the confusion surrounding the specific room type that you had requested. As mentioned in our correspondence with you today I am delighted to confirm that we are holding a pitch view room for your booking next week and that my team and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in Bolton.

County Durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

we booked this hotel for £79 for 2 nights B & B, cheaper than most Travelodge or Premier Inns, we have stayed in a few De Vere venues and resorts and always look for a special offer. The hotel is easy to find and just off the motorway, lots of free parking and an easy check inn, receptionist pleasant and friendly, she informed us of breakfast times, location, leisure facilities and everything we needed to know. We asked for a pitch view room, my husband was delighted with this and it was quite a pleasant view with access to the terrace outside. The room was quite small but adequate, complimentary bottles of water, bath robes were a nice touch. The toiletries are a let down, again that horrible green soap was supplied and the purple shower gel, please change this De Vere! Breakfast was very nice, well cooked hot food, a nice selection of fruit and delicious pastries, good service and a pleasant restaurant in which to eat. Across the road from the hotel is a Harvester pub next to the Premier Inn, this seemed popular and had a good selection of food on the menu. Scott's is a bar serving food similar to Wetherspoons, burger,chips and a drink £5.95, ok if you just want a quick bite, 2 meals for £6 and other reasonable priced meals. The pool was clean and warm, the sauna was out of order but the steam room was nice and the spa pool was lovely, the gym was small but had a good selection of equipment. Within walking distance is a retail park, very good shopping, cinema and bowling, the Abacus Cantonese restaurant is very good, clean and good food. Manchester is about 30 minutes drive, the Trafford Centre is easy to find. The hotel is a good base for shopping and we would us it again, we had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: ask for a pitch view, very quiet rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear KarenCountyDurham,

Many thanks for your kind feedback which you recently left on Tripadvisor. I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to provide us with such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at De Vere Venues Whites and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,

Manchester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

My husband and I stay here a few times a year, as its a nice treat and quite close to home. We have always found the rooms to be lovely, clean and spacious. The leisure facilities are adequate... depending on the time of the day you use them, they can get busy as its only small but still very good. And last but not least the food... WOW... its always delicious... especially the lamb shank! We have told everyone about it :-)

Will be returning :-)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Rachel F,

Many thanks for the amazing feedback which you so kindly left on Tripadvisor. This means so much to my team and I, especially from such a valued and returning customer of De Vere Venues Whites. My team and I sincerely look forward to pleasure of welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future and until then remain with,

Best Regards,

Guangzhou, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

This Hotel is not cheap, but it is a real treat. We stayed in a family room which was a fab size. You have your own private area each- a double bed and a single (sort of fold down sofa; which was comfy enough), there is a wall dividing both beds which is a nice touch. Often family rooms are just 3 beds squeezed into a small room. This room looked more considered in the way the furniture had been placed. 2 seperate doors to lead to the ensuite. The Hotel itself is large with several bars and places to eat. We were there for a family wedding at a seperate venue, so didn't spend a lot of time in the Hotel. The pool was small but nice, we went in the morning and it was fairly quiet. The restaurant was good, service was a little slow at times. Quality of food was good and there was a good variety. You can sit and look out at the football ground from your table! There is an area you can sit to lounge around on sofas once you've checked out which was nice. There was no rush to head home. It's really close to Bolton train station, you can literally walk from the station in 5-10mins. I'd go back if I ever found the reason to be in the area.

Room Tip: Not sure, family rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear nicbing,

Many thanks for the very kind comments which you recently left on Tripadvisor, which we truly value and appreciate receiving. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the standard of our family rooms and that you and your family had a very enjoyable stay with us. My team and I sincerely look forward to pleasure of welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites if you are in the area again and until then remain with,

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We booked this hotel as we were travelling down south and needed a place to stay overnight en-route. The hotel was situated ideally just off the motorway and was quite plush and clean. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. We paid 49£ for the room only option for the both of us and thought this was cheap. But Breakfast options were very good though pricey at 10.50/ person extra. Wifi connectivity throughout was excellent.

Dear Sasi_Attili,

Many thanks for your the lovely feedback which you so kindly left on Tripadvisor. My team and I sincerely look forward to pleasure of welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future and until then remain with,

Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We booked the hotel at a very cheap rate. The hotel appeared to be very clean and tidy. Had a quick look at the menu which we thought was quite pricey, £10.50 for burger and chips! The TV in our room was 'antique', the old style which buzzed on most channels, I would have thought a hotel that charges the rates this one does would have now moved on with technology and installed flat-screen TV's!! No fridge in the room or full length mirror! The noise from the main road outside is very noisy. There is a hair dryer in the room and an iron and ironing board,a trouser press, a fan and tea and coffee facilities. Towels are provided and one tube of shower gel. There were 2 bottles of water but nothing to say they were complimentary so didn't touch them. The facilities around the hotel are great and there is a train station across the road which takes you one stop into Bolton town centre which is fabulous. There is a sports bar across the road from the hotel called Scotts which has TV's everywhere, even in the booths and is quite reasonable on prices.
There is also a Harvester resaurant and a Premier Inn (which I will consider next time). There is a Vue cinema around the corner from the hotel, an Asda and Tesco as well as other shops, all within walking distance.
There is a sign behind reception which states if you want to consume your own food and drink in the room a surcharge of £30 will be added to your bill.
The hotel was handy as a stop off as we were travelling to Blackpool the following night. The train across the road from De Vere's also takes you into Blackpool if you fancied a day out there.
We didn't use the gym, sauna or pool facilities so can't comment on them.
What I don't like to see is staff walking around texting on their mobiles and not acknowledging guests! I'm guessing this member of staff is a facebooker!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the stadium.......if there is one available
Dear Scorpio40,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

As I am sure you can appreciate, feedback is extremely important to us as this helps us to review the service and products that we offer to our guests.

I would like to acknowledge and thank you once again for your valuable feedback and for bringing these matters to my attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future and until then remain.

Yours sincerely,

Gordon

Been to Bolton Whites Hotel? Share your experiences!