“Yummy!” 4 of 5 stars

+44 1204 849944
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Victoria Inn Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 281 Restaurants in Bolton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: English
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I can recommend the Bury black pudding hash brown with poached egg, bacon crisp and homemade brown sauce. I enjoyed this with a side of salt and pepper chips. I had lunch here with a friend during a busy Saturday lunchtime,(worth booking to secure a table). The service was friendly and efficient and the food delicious and well presented.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“A Wonderful Mother's Day meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We visited this restaurant on recommendation and we were not disappointed. We booked in advance for a table of four, two adults and two children to celebrate Mother's Day. There was a very well considered set menu on offer and the choice was ample. The portions were very generous and delicious and the price, extremely competitive. Every aspect of our experience was well considered and the staff were very attentive. We will definitely be returning.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bolton
“Great food, staff rude or snobby can't decide.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is my second visit on a Friday lunch time and it was consistent. There were 6 of us some meals were lovely: belly rib and cheese pie some I've had much better elsewhere; classic burger. Pub is lovely and welcoming, staff unfortunately are not. Don't know if it's because we had kids with us (if you don't want them don't have high chairs and kids menu) but staff were functional verging on rude from the moment we walked through the door. Our kids by the way were all very well behaved. Never offered us a second drink and we had to ask the bar man for our child deserts and then hunt again for staff to get our bill.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and Excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner went for a meal, I had the king prawns for starter which are the best prawns I have ever had. My partner had the black pudding starter which he enjoyed a lot! We will definitely be going back and bringing friends with us. It was very busy so make sure you book at the weekend.

Visited March 2014
Manchester, UK
“Excellent food, actually good value for money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Despite a number of reviews here saying it is expensive, we actually thought that bearing in mind the portion sizes it is very good value.

I had a black pudding special which was a WHOLE black pudding, too much to be fair and could have done with a second poached egg to give it some balance. It was very nice though. She had the king prawns in chilli and garlic, they were lovely, just like a good gambas pil pil on a beach in Spain...but in Bolton. Again, a big portion with two slabs of lovely bread.

We then enjoyed two huge mains courses. I had the ultimo burger and like the bras of the same name it was certainly uplifting. It was also massive, loaded with onion rings, pickles, bacon, cheese, and a hash brown. The accompanying chips were ace. Nice and crispy. She has Haddock and chips with a pot of mushy peas. Very nice it was too.

We had a pint, two large wines and a pint of coke and the whole meal was £55. I think that is pretty good value, as I said, especially given the enormous portion sizes.

I would have given it an excellent rating but for slightly slow service (half an hour from ordering to getting starters, and it wasn't particularly busy), and but for an odd pile of unused chairs stacked behind a column in the lower restaurant area, but they are having a little bit of work done so that might be why.

We will definitely be back, but we will probably share a starter!

Oh and finally, we didn't see any if the previously mentioned 'plastic gangsters or wags' seemed like a nice clientele.