“BASTION OF OLD STYLE SERVICE AND COURTESY” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Bolton, United Kingdom
“BASTION OF OLD STYLE SERVICE AND COURTESY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

An oasis of old style service and courtesy in an often bustling and distracted world. My wife and I visited during a weekday lunchtime. Greeted with genuine courtesy as we entered, a variety of tables were suggested, but we were also offered the opportunity to select our own seats.
Premises are very clean, tables, carpets etc and is well lit and decorated to a good and tasteful standard. Space between tables is generous so there is no feeling of being crammed in that you encounter in many eateries.
Food was of high quality and there is a wide variety of choice and size of meals on the menu.This business is very popular and caters equally well for singles, couples,families and senior citizens. Staff efficient but not overbearing.
There is also a traditional takeaway "Chippy" for those who are really pressed for time.
The proprietor and family are always in attendance and ensure that things run smoothly. Our waiter assisted my wife with her coat as we left , and proprietor himself worked the door as a meeter and greeter. Service and courtesy of a standard that I thought was extinct. Would not hesitate to recommend

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

bolton
“overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

very nice fish & chips, staff are great but far too pricey, I guess you have to pay for the re-furb someway

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good fish and chips with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Passed by many times but never tried before now - what a shame! Its a great place and the fish and chips are amazing, well cooked and tasted great. Service was perfect - quick and attentive. Price was good too.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have been going to the Olympus for many years and have always had excellant food, always hot and freshly cooked, o.k. there are cheaper places to eat fish and chips but I doubt anywhere else is as tasty, the service is fast and for me that is the one down side here, it is to fast, the staff are almost running around the restaurant and I'm sure many customers must feel as though they are in and out in double quick time, please slow down a little and let people have a relaxed meal. That said that is the only reason I marked 4/5 everything else is superb, and I would not hesitate to recommed the Olympus.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bolton, United Kingdom
“the best fish and chips in Bolton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

You wopuld never believe you were in a fish and chip resturant when you walk in. Met at the door led to a table service brilliant. We have been a few times this year. My only fault is early in the year I asked if they were open Good Friday and on each visit up to Easter, I could not get a reply from the staff. I dont know or we dont know yet. I got no answer so did not bother again.

Visited August 2012