“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

01204 849313
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Retreat Grill, Bar, Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 278 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
bolton
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I went here with a party of six and thought it was a nice place with good food.
Huge portions of well presented well cooked food and fairly good value too.
Staff were attentive but not overpowering.
My only gripe was that when I phoned to book, they could not fit us in until 7.30. We arrived an hour or so early for drinks in the bar and the restaurant was quiet. We were told we could have a table there and then. Obviously some problems with the reservation procedure.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Xmas Doo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Absolutely FABULOUS The food was wonderful for so many people, came very hot (which I appreciate...pet hate ) and it was very high standard......staff brilll .. just great..

Visited December 2012
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Food, drink, atmosphere and staff were excellent. Will definitely return. My scallop and tiger prawn starter was one of the best I've had and the sea bass was to die for.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
bolton
“What a pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I visited Retreat tonight for the first time and had a really great meal. The food was delicious and served in huge portions. I had mussels for a starter and the sauce was possibly the best I've ever had. My fish and chip main course was good too, my only criticism was that the chips were quite tasteless, just like oven chips really and didn't taste homemade at all.

The service was discreet and efficient and there was a good lively atmosphere as the restaurant was quite busy.

We were pleasantly surprised by the bill too. Will definitely be back soon, thanks.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good night out very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My wife and I recently met a few friends for dinner and cocktails at retreat I had the lamb cutlets my wife had the piri piri excellent I must say Tina and Jon also loved it . Thanks to Eddie the head chef for asking us to come and try his food keep it up .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere