“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wendover Guest House

You added Wendover Guest House to your Saves list
Wendover Guest House
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   603 Chorley New Road | Horwich, Bolton BL6 6LA, England   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Bolton B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Me and my daughter stayed at the Wendover recently when we were in the area for a wedding. I can't recommend it highly enough. Julie and Bulent are excellent hosts - nothing is too much trouble for them. The room was very clean, the bed lovely and comfy and the breakfast fantastic. We really enjoyed our short break and I would definitely choose to stay here if ever I am up in the area again in the future. Thank you very much Julie and Bulent. x

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
North Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Having stayed in many branded hotels, I wasn't sure what to expect from a guest house but want to say a big thank you to Julie and Bulent for looking after me so well! The room was lovely, beautifully decorated, really clean with everything you could ask for and more, the breakfast was fab, the atmosphere was cosy but not cloying, I could come and go as I pleased but I loved that they both came to wave me off, you don't get that in a Premier Inn!! ;) Would recommend! X

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

This cozy and welcoming B&B is perfect for everyone looking for clean, comfortable, affordable accommodation. If I need to stay in the area again, this will definitely be my choice. Juliet a Bulent thank you so much for make me feel like home! I couldn't ask for something more. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I chose to stay at the Wendover Guest House for when I took part in Ironman UK. Julie and Bulent really are exceptional hosts, nothing was ever too much trouble for them. They had even very kindly ensured that breakfast requirements were available for 3am.

The room I stayed in (as I imagine every other room) was absolutely spotless, and despite my room fronting on to the Chorley New Road, I could not hear any traffic and actually had a fantastic night's sleep before the big day, which was absolutely essential.

The personal touch of the message wishing myself and the fellow Ironman athletes with whom I stayed at the Wendover Guest House over the course of the weekend was also very very much appreciated.

Thank you both for making an unbelievable weekend so much more straightforward.

James Campbell

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Epsom, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night when I had a business meeting in Bolton. My wife chose this B&B and I wasn't sure what to expect as I normally stay at one of the big hotel chains when I travel for work. What a great surprise it was to find this gem of a guest house! Julie and Bulent are amazing hosts who made us both feel like we were at our own home. I would thoroughly recommend staying here as you will come as guests but leave as friends. The room was simply and tastefully decorated, the power shower amazing and the breakfast was fantastic. Do NOT miss Julie's scrambled eggs which were fluffy and delicious. When I was out for my business meeting, my wife waited for me in the lounge at the guest house even though it was after the check out time. They made my wife very comfortable and spent some time chatting with her. This helped pass the time and was very much appreciated. Thank you both for a lovely stay!

Room Tip: Room 1 was excellent plus at the back of the house away from traffic
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed at Wendover Guest House the night before a job interview. I chose it because I thought it looked relaxing and it had received positive feedback. It did not disappoint - Julie and Bulent gave a very warm welcome and went out of their way to ensure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. The whole place was spotless and my room was spacious, warm and comfortable with free wifi access, endless tea/coffee, a TV, hairdryer, and modern en-suite bathroom. I had the option of a cooked breakfast in the morning (included in the price) as well as a selection of cereals and toast - which was lovely.

Wendover was a great guesthouse and the perfect place to stay when I needed to relax most - right before an interview! I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone. Excellent service, great value-for-money and lovely hosts.

Room Tip: The en-suite bathroom was really nice - well worth paying a bit extra for
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Neston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the Wendover Guest House again last Friday. As the last time we were there, our stay once again was lovely. Great comfortable room, first class service and excellent breakfast. Highly recommended.

Graham Cottrell & Susan Choudhury

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Wendover Guest House? Share your experiences!