“Good food, sleazy staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 278 Restaurants in Bolton
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food, sleazy staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Food was brill, bruschetta to start is a must!! Staff spoilt it a little though with their flirty, slimey ways, I went for a nice meal with my new boyfriends family don't try and flirt with me and embarrass me!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Great food, great service can't complain will visit soon to see a great ambiance and have a pleasant experience

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“Needs to look after its customers better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Had a meal as a party of ten - not an excessive number, but approaching Christmas you can expect restaurants to be busy and service slow - BUT - an hour from entering to eating?

The report about get you seated, get you drinking, leave you alone is about right - typical "all front" and nothing local type of establishment. No draught ale means no beer for me - at least I like Peroni and so didn't need the wine list - not that it was ever shown.

Garlic breads - OK

Starters - took an hour to arrive - and very much left you anticipating the main course.

The main course - a tasty marinara risotto - except it was about hlaf of what I would expect as a portion at the other Italian restaurants I frequent.

All the time the restaurant owner was in and out - did we want more drinks - were we sure we didn't want more drinks??

All in all - not somewhere we would recommend - service , pushy; food good, but poor portions, and service that badly needed pepping up

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bury
“Nice Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Food was good, service very good. Went on a xmas party of 30+, and could not fault it. Would go again.

Visited December 2012
“Such a shame!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Me and my friend visited the restraurant recently because i have been on plenty of occassions with my partner and have also been in big groups for family meals. I have always raved about this place to friends and clients. Good food and a lovely place.

We decided to go for the special offer of 3 courses as it was a Monday. It was busy ISH.... as I expected it to be but there were still tables available throughout. We were seen to our table and very promptly asked what we wanted to drink (without even getting a glance at the wine menu). As we ordered both drinks and food which both came quite quickly I may add. I have no complaints about any of it but after being asked by several waiters/waitresses on every course "was everthing ok" It wore a bit thin. Do they not communicate? After every course as soon as we'd put our cutlery down BAM they where there. Dont get me wrong I agree that they have to be attentive but Jesus!!!there's attentive and there's being rushed!
No sooner as they had taken plates away we were then asked by 4 different staff if we wanted an ice cream/coffee. In the space of a couple of minutes. All we wanted was a few minutes to settle. When the fourth waitress came to ask, we again asked for a few minutes which to that she rolled her eyes at and walked away. We did decide not to have anything because of the sheer rudeness of that. We then asked for the bill and decided to try and finish off our bottle of wine in peace. Within a few minutes we were asked if we would need a card machine. For goodness sake we'd only been there just over an hour. Rushed was an understatement! The bill came. We paid and left a £2.00 tip, which the waiter laughed at when I gave to him. I seriously don't know why I even bothered but I felt I should leave something as a pose to nothing as Im not unfair.
There where tables free for other customers so why the hurry???
Maybe they need to communicate more or have tables to look after so everybody isn't mithered and felt like they aren't welcome.
Well I will defiantly not be RUSHING back to you Baci!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere