“Unexpected Ecstasy” 5 of 5 stars

Southgate Avenue | Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley, Crawley RH10 6LW, England
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 187 Restaurants in Crawley
Cuisines: English, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Unexpected Ecstasy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We dined in at the Hotel restaurant for the convenience and were won over by its excellence. Truly delicious plates from entrée to dessert and we ranged across seafood, steak and innovative starters (scallop and pork combination - superb start and set a high standard that was maintained throughout).

Whilst the setting is unremarkable, although with good space and comfortable dining furniture, the ambience was made by the friendly, attentive yet non-invasive (a rare skill in restaurant staff) service by out two servers. Whilst I can recall Nuno by name his female partner in crime was equally well informed as to the menu offerings and between them they facilitated a great meal.

Apparently another Nuno resides in the kitchen. We did not manage to meet him, however we give him full accolades for it was the results of his team of chefs that surprised and delighted us.

For a business hotel the Arora possesses a truly pleasurable restaurant with the Grill.

Well done and thank you, money well spent.

• Visited October 2013

“Sunday Carvery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is our second visit to the Sunday carvery with our family and would highly recommend it to anyone.
The food is of a very high standard and the service was excellent as always. We will certainly be returning again as every visit to the Arora has been superb.

Visited October 2013
West Sussex UK
“Birthday Bliss - Top Class Service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I will start out by saying that this is my second visit to the Grill - (and my second review)
However I wanted to write about just how accommodating the staff were in helping me plan a special meal for my mother for her 80th.
Once again the food was splendid and they now have a set menu that makes dining out there a lot more affordable ( approx £25 for 3 courses) I had ordered a cake from Druckers in Crawley ( which was DIVINE!) and I dropped it off at the restaurant in the afternoon for them to keep in the fridge. They were very good and sang my mum 'Happy Birthday' when they brought the cake out and even gave us some complimentary bubbly to celebrate.
From the moment we arrived the manager and his staff treated my mother like the Queen. The waitress even gave my mum a birthday hug !
The place was busier than our last visit but we were made to feel like we were the only ones in there.
I would highly recommend the wood pigeon starter as it was something very special and the steak was one of the nicest I have had in this country.
All our dishes were very well presented and tasted wonderful.

• Visited September 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch made special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We went for a Sunday lunch at The Grill today and it was excellent. We were served by Raji who was very attentive but not over the top, was excellent with put two children talking to them and asking them for their order whilst not patronising,
The food (as always) was excellent, great choice of starter, mains and deserts. It is very rare to find a Sunday carvers with 3 courses and as many trips as you like for such amazing value.
Highly recommend to anyone that wants a peaceful Sunday lunch with family with great choice and excellent quality and service. Thank you Raji for looking after us

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“tasty food, excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

enjoyed the three course evening meal, food was tasty and very well presented, restaurant is very clean and the service is excellent, tables not to close to each other so enjoyed your own conversation not that of others.

• Visited August 2013