“Fun and perfect for a tight budget and/or early start.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of YOTEL London Gatwick Airport

You added YOTEL London Gatwick Airport to your Saves list
YOTEL London Gatwick Airport
London Gatwick Airport South Terminal | Arrivals Concourse, Crawley RH6 0NP, England   |
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Crawley
Frome, United Kingdom
“Fun and perfect for a tight budget and/or early start.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I can't explain the level of excitement I had about turning up at this hotel. Staying in a small 'pod' type hotel was on my 'Bucket' list - so I was welll pleased when I found this. The staff were friendly and helpful. The most difficult bit for me was finding where to press for the lift - but seriously I think was becasue I was a bit of an idiot at the time! You go into 'Mission Control' book in, get your room numebr a key and away you go. The room is small - well cute in fact. The shower is above your head so if you don't want to wash your hair take your own shower cap! The bed is comfy for one and I would imagine 'cuddly' for two.
I really did enjoy my night here. Plenty of restaurants in the airport and this was perfect for an early flight as I was able to book in the night before.

Room Tip: If you are claustraphobic - just don't do it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
YotelHQ, General Manager at YOTEL London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Lisbolton,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with the Crew. They will be so happy to hear of your rave review of their friendly and helpful service.

Kind Regards,

fax +44 (0) 1293 579 762

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is just so ideal. Its in the airport and has everything you need in a small space.

Great value and great staff would most certainly stay again!!

The chap on reception was so very helpful and they offer free tea whats not to love

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great stay only was there 5hours but great experience. I had the standard room and the bed was top bunk bed which was very compfy and looks very cool. Felt like I was in fifth element. Yotel was recommended by a friend since I had an early checkin and live quite far from Gatwick. Next time I would like to try out the premium room. thank you

Dear Yellowchoicebyname,

Thank you for your lovely feedback.
We were pleased to read that you liked our fifth element look. Our cabins have been modelled on first-class airplane cabins with techno wall and offer an extraordinary, futuristic experience.
Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. If I can ever be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Yours Sincerely,

Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 hours between flights - paid £30 and found it much better value than airport lounge as can have a good sleep. You can also shower, watch TV and enjoy free coffee etc. You can also get snacks, meals and toiletries at a reasonable price. A great tonic!

Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I booked a room at the Yotel as we were arriving back at Gatwick from Gran Canaria at midnight, and I didn't fancy a 3 hr drive home in the early hours after a long day.

We found the Yotel very easily, took the lift down, and was checked in by a very pleasant young man. He took us to the cabin, demonstrated what the various buttons did, then left.

Our cabin was a standard double, and the bed was folded up into a high sofa. Pushing a button and the bed unfolded into a very comfortable double bed. There is not much room when the bed is down, but (as we found out as we were leaving), there is storage space under the bed for cases. The "bathroom" is a little strange, with a glass wall between it and the main bedroom, although there is a curtain on the bedroom side, if you don't want to watch your other half on the toilet!!

Overall very comfortable and well equipped for an overnight stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Falmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had a 10 hour layover in gatwick and had always wanted to try the Yotel. Was very impressed. I expected the rooms to be tiny, as they are, but I was really impressed with the quality, for example i wish i had as good a shower bathroom at home! Location was amazing, being literally under arrivals, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
YotelHQ, General Manager at YOTEL London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Hawkeslucy,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with Yotel. We have tried to best utilise the space in cabin to make it most convenient and comfortable for our guests. Our Monsoon showers are regularly cleaned and maintained to provide the most refreshing feeling to our guests so as to minimise their tiredness.

Thanks once again for sharing your experience.If I can ever be of assistance in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Booked a single cabin for 4 hours in the afternoon rather than hanging around the airport with my bags. Great little cabin with enough room for one to move around with room for your bag. Very friendly and helpful staff at Mission Control. Wished I'd booked it on the outward journey - has everything a hotel has but just compacted. And free wifi which is a plus

• Stayed July 2013

Been to YOTEL London Gatwick Airport? Share your experiences!