“Great idea but a bit stuffy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of YOTEL London Gatwick Airport

and 1 more site!
You added YOTEL London Gatwick Airport to your Saves list
YOTEL London Gatwick Airport
London Gatwick Airport South Terminal | Arrivals Concourse, Crawley RH6 0NP, England   |
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Crawley
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great idea but a bit stuffy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We booked into Yotel in Gatwick overnight as we had an early flight the next morning.

I loved the idea and had actually been quite curious and looking forward to staying. When we arrived we were pretty impressed despite the tiny size for two people (which I expected).

However, within a few minutes of going to bed we both realised that it wasn't going to be too comfortable. The AC (if that's what it was) was turned as low as it would go but yet the room continued to get stuffier and stuffier. We couldn't find any kind of fan control or any way to increase the airflow so we had to endure an airless, hot, miniscule cabin for 8 hours before getting up and going out into the comparative fresh air of Gatwick South Terminal!

I loved the idea and would consider staying again simply for the convenience, but unless we had an unlucky one-off, I think they need to work on the ventilation.

Room Tip: Maybe try and request a fan. Don't know if they can do that.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
YotelHQ, General Manager at YOTEL London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Hello Tluamiani,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
We are sorry that there was a problem with the air conditioning controls in your cabin.
We are working on improving the guest experience going forward and take your comments seriously.
I will absolutely follow up with our Maintenance Engineering to determine what occurred.
Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope to welcome you back to Yotel in the future.

Kind Regards,

MIRALEM SOFTIC
YOTEL Gatwick
Arrivals Concourse, South Terminal
London Gatwick Airport, West Sussex
RH6 0NN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had 7 night hours between connection flights at Gatwick airport and Yotel was the best choice definitely because of the reasonable price and location exactly in the south terminal of the airport. We occupied (2 adults and a 7 yo child) twin cabin, for three of us the room was almost enough, may be the lower bed could be a little bit wider, as its advertised. Free coffee in the morning was a very helpful option. Anyway we've booked Yotel again for the return flight.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Cute room .. The bed opens out using remote control. Ample power sockets clean and compact .. Very quiet.. The hotel is within gatwick airport so exceedingly convenient.. Great if you have an early morning flight

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had a flight leaving at 7 in the morning and no public transport from home, so I got a room @ Yotel. Booking was a bit painful as the website did not take my debit or credit card and on the phone they got the booking wrong twice (first they booked me in the wrong hotel, and then wrong date!). The room is the smallest space I've ever seen, but the bed is comfy and the bathroom clean & spacious. Wifi signal very poor... Extremely convenient to be just 1 minute away from the check-in desks. Free coffee and tea at reception. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Irelamd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I came off the flight from Boston to Dublin to Gatwick tired, limping, hungry with 5 hours to wait for my next flight to Rhodes, Greece. I had booked into the Yotel for that time, my best idea ever! I was warmly welcomed as I arrived by wheelchair, my luggage put in the cabin for me, a nice cup of tea made and brought to me, and an alarm clock set and handed to me. 4 and 1/2 hours later I woke up, washed and was greeted cheerfully by the lovely desk manager Shevita, offered more tea, picked up on time by the assistance people and taken to my next flight with time to spare for buying a sandwich. It was a peaceful transition and I was rested and able to continue my journey with less stress and exhaustion. I recommend the Yotel and their hospitality wholeheartedly. The best bargain you can make!

Room Tip: Ask for a lower bunk cabin!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Marc,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with the Crew. They will be so happy to hear of your review of their friendly and outstanding service.
If I can ever be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

MIRALEM SOFTIC
YOTEL Gatwick
Arrivals Concourse, South Terminal
London Gatwick Airport, West Sussex
RH6 0NN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Excellent, helpful staff, especially Miralem who found my headphones and arranged for them to be returned.

Ultra clean, great shower, comfy beds, great TV, location couldn't be any more convenient.

Amazing, would give it six stars if I could.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We had an flight that landed early hours so we knew we would be very tired so stayed at the Yotel gatwick for a few hours sleep before driving home.
The room is amazingly designed, everything you could need, very clean, really comfy bed !
Hot drinks are complimentary and my other half was hungry so ordered the green thai curry which he said was lovely.
Cant fault it !!!
Its a great concept and we will be using it again as it was lovely to walk out of arrivals & straight to the hotel which is directly opposit the arrivals .
Please !! Please !! Could you open one in the north terminal too !!!!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to YOTEL London Gatwick Airport? Share your experiences!