We booked into Yotel in Gatwick overnight as we had an early flight the next morning.
I loved the idea and had actually been quite curious and looking forward to staying. When we arrived we were pretty impressed despite the tiny size for two people (which I expected).
However, within a few minutes of going to bed we both realised that it wasn't going to be too comfortable. The AC (if that's what it was) was turned as low as it would go but yet the room continued to get stuffier and stuffier. We couldn't find any kind of fan control or any way to increase the airflow so we had to endure an airless, hot, miniscule cabin for 8 hours before getting up and going out into the comparative fresh air of Gatwick South Terminal!
I loved the idea and would consider staying again simply for the convenience, but unless we had an unlucky one-off, I think they need to work on the ventilation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yotel is located inside Gatwick international arrivals South Terminal, moments away from check-in and the North Terminal. We offer 10sqm of personal space to sleep, work or refresh with free Wi-Fi and internet access. Cabins are available as Premium, with a double bed or Standard, with a large single. Rates start at 25 GBP for 4 hours and you can book online or on-site at the hotel. Enjoy! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your YOTEL London Gatwick Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yotel London Gatwick Airport Hotel Crawley
- Yotel London Gatwick Airport Crawley