“Return from Holiday overnight break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road)

and 1 more site!
You added Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) to your Saves list
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road)
London Rd, Crawley RH10 9ST, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great deals online.
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Crawley
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Return from Holiday overnight break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We returned from an overnight flight arriving at Gatwick at 01:30 - bythe time we got bags etc it was 2:15 and we went to wait for the shuttle bus - which didn't turn up. I contacted the hotel and they provided me with a taxi number - after I couldn't get a reply - I called the hotel again. They contacted the taxi service - and arranged a return call - great service. On arrival the night receptionist was very helpful and accommodating and check-in was swift and easy.

The room was close, the facilities were fine and the bed was comfortable. The room and surrounding area was very quiet so it was a good night's sleep. The only drawback in the morning was not having a straightforward shower - it took a little while to work it out - not complicated but frustrating.

Breakfast selection was good and the food was hot and tasty.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Cottenham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Having now stayed here for a total duration of 8 weeks including next week here working in the week for my company, namely, Oakmont Construction Ltd, probably the best commercial construction in the land.

I have the following points to make:

1) Staff are professional, friendly, very organised and the best I have come across in the Premier Inn chain.

2) Rooms are spacious, clean, offer a good tv, hairdryer, tea/coffee making facility, good size bath and shower room, beds are large and comfortable, good hanging and shelf space, desk area and phone good for working on.

3) Guests are friendly so must reflect the ambience of the hotel.

4) Coupled with the fact that the location is set in woodland and fields and offers a local pub adjacent makes this the best Premier inn in the Country.

5) parking facility is excellent and is located a good distance from the road with security cameras mounted on the building makes for a sense that your vehicle may be left safe and sound.

In all a fantastic place to stay in the week when your working away from your home which is an important factor when working hours are long and when you retire in the evening you need to relax, and you do.

In closing, i would like to than all the staff at the Premier Inn for being so very helpful.

This reflects on the great work that the Manger does to have such a happy team and guests.

Best

Nick Wadey

Room Tip: I think rooms on the ground and first floors are best in Summer due to the large windows and views.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Claudio M, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road), responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave these wonderful comments on your stay here with us and I am very glad that your experience has been as good as you have stated.

I certainly hope that we will be welcoming you back with us again in the future.
Leicester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My husband, 9 year old son And I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights 18-19th May. Check in was swift, the room was made up ready for our arrival, the room was clean and well sized, plenty of walk around space even with the extra bed, the bathroom was spotlessly clean. there was absolutely no noise from the other guests despite the hotel being full both nights.

I only have 2 minor niggles there were only 2 plug sockets in the room, both on the same wall where the tv was, not ideal with me needing to get ready for a wedding (hairdryer/straighteners etc) the hubby wanting to watch tv (while i faffed about!) and the son wanting to charge his computer game. and the bed was very very hard, I know you cannot cater the firmness of a mattress for everyone but it was comparable to sleeping on a divan with no mattress.

The breakfast which is over the pathway at the gatwick manor is also very expensive, the staff are also miserable as sin which was a surprise, we had gathered for a family meal the evening of our arrival and the staff were excellent, maybe they dont do mornings!!

We paid less than the normal rate due to discount as a wedding guest, if the regular price was reduced a little we would most definately stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for the ground floor minimal noise and well laid out.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay with us.

I would like to thank you for the kind words that you left with regards to the cleanliness of your room and the warmth of the welcome you received, We like to pride ourselves on our customer service here and like to make all of our guests feel as welcome as you did.

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the same service at the Manor for breakfast in the morning. I have passed on your comments to the Manor staff and have been assured that this was an isolated incident and will certainly not happen again. I sincerely hope that this will not put you off staying with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back in future.
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Conveniently located for airport with an attached Chef and Brewer, An excellent overnight stay with the added bonus of no parking charge. The Hotel had contacted us prior to our stay to warn of a function taking place next door and offering a quiet room , an offer we took. The function was cancelled but we still had the quiet room and rarely heard aircraft. Meal next door was excellent, room was clean and plenty of hot water/soap/shampoo in bathroom.Very early start so unable to sample breakfast. Great value.

Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stayed at this hotel last week. Check in was a breeze, very pleasant staff and when we enquired if we needed to book a table in the restaurant they offered to ring for us and arrange everything, Room was standard premierinn, very clean, but looking a bit dated.
The pub/restaurant was very busy (nice to see these days) and again bar service was spot on. (Just for the record it is not part of premierinn). Waitress was on her first night and it showed- asked me if the bottle of wine I had ordered was okay and then left it on the table-unopened!
I am very fussy about my steak and ordered it blue-when it arrived it was cooked perfectly and was so tender that I showed my OH I could cut it with the back of my knife. The waitress that was serving most of the food was great- very friendly without being patronising. did not get her name, but in case her manager is reading this she was about 5'4" with a pony tail.
When we went back to our room my request for extra tea bags was met with the usual pleasant response as if it was the most natural thing in the world. I had one minor problem, which was resolved without a quibble at checkout- whoever is responsible for Customer Service at premierinn really knows their job.
We will definitely use again when flying from Gatwick.

Room Tip: Suggest upper floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Claudio M, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road), responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this glowing reference to both our hotel and the manor pub.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that the service was at the level we set ourselves here.

I have also passed your kind words on to the staff at the manor pub and told them to keep the great work.

Once again I would like to thank you for the wonderful words and hope that we will be welcoming you back with us again soon.
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Is very convenient to get to the airport from here, however, still allow 10-15 minutes by the time you have left the actual hotel.
Staff all helpful etc, room was fine. Issue that i had was apart from no toiletries in the bathroom, which for a brief overnighter isn't the end of the world, there wasn't even any soap provided , so a bit rubbish. Seeing as i noticed this just before going to bed and needing to get up very ealry the next day, i didn't report it.
Another thing to watch out for is the postcode provided for getting to the hotel. This takes you to Crawley itself, whereas the hotel is in the opposite direction, off to the right of the previous roundabout where the postcode takes you left. Best reading the actual directions that come with the booking rather than relying on this, often, as usual with postcodes! However why they give this to you without the above warning is a bit daft.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Arrived quite late after a internal flight down to Gatwick. Took a taxi from terminal, probably wouldnt have found very easily without a Sat Nav, or local knowledge. Check in was very quick, room beautifully clean. Had a meal in the pub next door, very good especially the steak pie!!
All slept well with very little noise from other guests. Check was was easy, all staff especially polite. We realised when we got to airport daughter had left her jumper in room. Called hotel, they called back within 5 minutes to say they had found it. Arranged to call them on return to sort postage, received within 3 days of call. Many thanks for a great start to our holiday and the prompt action of all staff concerned. Family Hewson

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Claudio M, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road), responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you firstly for taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the kind words that you left us, I have passed on your compliments to the Manor staff regarding the meal you enjoyed and the reception team will be vey glad to hear thet you enjoyed the service provided by them on your stay.

I certrainly hope that we will be welcoming you back with us again soon.

Been to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road)? Share your experiences!