You added Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) to your Saves list
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   London Rd, Crawley RH10 9ST, England   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Always Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Conveniently located for airport with an attached Chef and Brewer, An excellent overnight stay with the added bonus of no parking charge. The Hotel had contacted us prior to our stay to warn of a function taking place next door and offering a quiet room , an offer we took. The function was cancelled but we still had the quiet room and rarely heard aircraft. Meal next door was excellent, room was clean and plenty of hot water/soap/shampoo in bathroom.Very early start so unable to sample breakfast. Great value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stayed at this hotel last week. Check in was a breeze, very pleasant staff and when we enquired if we needed to book a table in the restaurant they offered to ring for us and arrange everything, Room was standard premierinn, very clean, but looking a bit dated.
The pub/restaurant was very busy (nice to see these days) and again bar service was spot on. (Just for the record it is not part of premierinn). Waitress was on her first night and it showed- asked me if the bottle of wine I had ordered was okay and then left it on the table-unopened!
I am very fussy about my steak and ordered it blue-when it arrived it was cooked perfectly and was so tender that I showed my OH I could cut it with the back of my knife. The waitress that was serving most of the food was great- very friendly without being patronising. did not get her name, but in case her manager is reading this she was about 5'4" with a pony tail.
When we went back to our room my request for extra tea bags was met with the usual pleasant response as if it was the most natural thing in the world. I had one minor problem, which was resolved without a quibble at checkout- whoever is responsible for Customer Service at premierinn really knows their job.
We will definitely use again when flying from Gatwick.

Room Tip: Suggest upper floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Claudio M, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road), responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this glowing reference to both our hotel and the manor pub.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that the service was at the level we set ourselves here.

I have also passed your kind words on to the staff at the manor pub and told them to keep the great work.

Once again I would like to thank you for the wonderful words and hope that we will be welcoming you back with us again soon.
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Is very convenient to get to the airport from here, however, still allow 10-15 minutes by the time you have left the actual hotel.
Staff all helpful etc, room was fine. Issue that i had was apart from no toiletries in the bathroom, which for a brief overnighter isn't the end of the world, there wasn't even any soap provided , so a bit rubbish. Seeing as i noticed this just before going to bed and needing to get up very ealry the next day, i didn't report it.
Another thing to watch out for is the postcode provided for getting to the hotel. This takes you to Crawley itself, whereas the hotel is in the opposite direction, off to the right of the previous roundabout where the postcode takes you left. Best reading the actual directions that come with the booking rather than relying on this, often, as usual with postcodes! However why they give this to you without the above warning is a bit daft.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Arrived quite late after a internal flight down to Gatwick. Took a taxi from terminal, probably wouldnt have found very easily without a Sat Nav, or local knowledge. Check in was very quick, room beautifully clean. Had a meal in the pub next door, very good especially the steak pie!!
All slept well with very little noise from other guests. Check was was easy, all staff especially polite. We realised when we got to airport daughter had left her jumper in room. Called hotel, they called back within 5 minutes to say they had found it. Arranged to call them on return to sort postage, received within 3 days of call. Many thanks for a great start to our holiday and the prompt action of all staff concerned. Family Hewson

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Claudio M, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road), responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you firstly for taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the kind words that you left us, I have passed on your compliments to the Manor staff regarding the meal you enjoyed and the reception team will be vey glad to hear thet you enjoyed the service provided by them on your stay.

I certrainly hope that we will be welcoming you back with us again soon.
Cowes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Nice hotel does just the job for early flights etc. Rooms decent size and clean, well equipped bar and restaurant. Breakfast fab

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Clean comfortable good size room and quiet with all the facilities you need for a good night near Gatwick. 1 night free car parking so next time I'll hang onto my hire car overnight and save on the taxi fare.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Claudio M, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road), responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you had some issues on your stay with us, firstly with regards to the toiletries in your room, there should be a pump soap dispenser located in the bathroom rather than actual soap dispensed, if this was empty at the time of your stay I can only apologise for this. I know you mentioned that you had decided to just leave it and go to bed, however if this should ever arrise again please feel free to contact a memeber of our reception team and they will be more than happy to fix this problem for you.

With regards to the issue that you had locating us, the post code that we provide is in fact the correct post code for this hotel however as I beleive you stated some satnav's seem to have an issue with this. As a result of this I have now ammended the website to include a post code that is located close to our hotel that should guide guests to the correct area, but I would still recommend that if you encounter any issues to give our reception tam a call and they will be happy to guide you in to us.

I certainly hope that this experience has not put you off staying with us again, and I hope that we will be welcoming you back soon.
Grantham, Lincs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We only stayed one night before we flew on holiday from Gatwick and what a convienience! The staff were lovely all polite and helpful. The room was great it's what you pay for had all the basics and stuff. The location was lovely the pub joining the hotel was beautiful and not too pricey it was a lovely day so we sat outside and had a few drinks then ate our tea inside. The shuttle bus service isn't the best it takes you round half the earth so we opted for a taxi which the hotel organised for us and it was on time and not too pricey either!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Claudio M, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road), responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay with us, I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I certainly hope that we will be welcoming you back with us again soon.

Been to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road)? Share your experiences!