“Always a problem, Rude, Overpriced” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 13 Activities in Crawley
Type: Movie Theaters, Amusement
Crawley
“Always a problem, Rude, Overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I rarely go to the cinema because it is so overpriced. I will now not go at all as this is the only cinema close to me and it is an absolute joke.
Three times I have been to this cinema there has been something blocking the screen so there appears to be a rectangle shadow over half the screen. Despite numerous people complaining they take at least half an hour to resolve the problem and don't restart the film from the beginning. And they refuse to refund!!
Another time I have been and they have insisted on checking inside my bag. Thinking it was just a security measure I agreed and they tried to take my bottle of tap water away from me and told me I have to pay £2 for one at the foyer! Ridiculous! Its not a club its a cinema!
Also they have now changed the little bar upstairs to a Starbucks. Before you were able to sit down and wait a few minuets until your film was due to start. I was with two other people. One decided to get a coffee and we all sat down together. Two minuets later a member of Starbucks staff asked the two of us without drinks to leave! There were only about five other people seated as well so it wasn't like it was packed!
I'm sick of paying a ridiculous amount of money to be treated like crap

Visited February 2013

23 attraction reviews
“Nice place to see a film”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Large choice of films. Nice comfortable seating. This cinema is large in side with plenty of room to move around. A good choice of refreshments. There was a large queue for entry but this went down quickly.

Visited February 2013
Storrington, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Movie with benefits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This cinema has so many screens, you will find something to watch. I booked on-line which saved a lot of queuing time - the queue was out the door for non-booked tickets. Nice, clean, comfortable cinema. Parking often spills over into the multi-storey as it gets very busy at peak times.

Visited May 2012
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“Comfy and great viewing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I enjoy going there during the day when it is not busy .... on Wrinkly rates :)
Comfy, nice staff.
However, I don't buy and food or drink there as it is so expensive ... but then it is so in all cinemas...

Visited January 2013
Box Hill, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Great place to watch Movies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have just started going back to the cinema, and this is an excellent place to watch Movies. Some of the seats are loooking a bit tired, and popcorn seems to be a problem as they don't seem to clear it up after each showing, other then that it's a great place.

Visited January 2013