“Walking distance to Gatwick North Terminal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way)

You added Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) to your Saves list
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   North Terminal | Longbridge Way, Gatwick Airport, Crawley RH6 0NX, England (Formerly Premier Inn Gatwick Airport Central)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great deals online.
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Crawley
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Walking distance to Gatwick North Terminal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We have stayed here a couple of times and always found this hotel to be clean, good food and friendly staff. We no longer bother to use the transfer bus as it is only just over a 5 minute walk to the North Terminal. There is a closer Premier Inn that has recently opened but this was more expensive at the time of booking. We would book again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
RebeccaGifford, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way), responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport A23 Airport Way.
I am glad that you find our hotel to be nice and clean, with friendly staff to welcome you here every time you stay with us.
I am please to feedback this compliment to our Team.
We look forward to see you here again soon.
Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Ponteland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed that the Premier Inn Gatwick (A23) recently. Excellent price (£29) and very good service. Check-in friendly and efficient and an excellent dinner (I weakened and had the fish and chips!) with a very helpful and attentive young waiter. Having had some gruesome experiences in cheap airport hotels in the past I was amazed! Shall certainly use this again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

I am very pleased that you have found our hotel to be great value for money and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am especially pleased with your kind words about our Team and I hope to continue to exceed your expectations.
Please accept my apology if you have found the location of our hotels to be confusing as we have more than one situated at the Airport.
We will be happy to see you staying with us again.
Southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This was our (my wife and I) first stay at the Longbridge Way Premier Inn for a one nights stay taking advantage of the Sleep, Park and Fly package deal. It was easy to find of course because of heading to London Gatwick but there is a big Premier Inn as you enter the North terminal which is deceiving. This hotel is smaller and 5 more minutes up the road. The Park/Fly part was also an added stress factor as it took half an hour in the morning due to parking you car - I was hoping to leave the car at the hotel but this wasn't an option and the hotel did not offer a service like meet and greet. The hotel was warm and the room clean and bed comfortable. Noise was a problem from guests staying in rooms, i.e. above and next-door. The shuttle bus was regular as we could hear this just outside our room. There is no noise from airplanes though. Breakfast was adequate to set you off for the day and this opened at 4am. There was plenty of choice. I thought the whole package was a bit steep, we paid £104.68, but having said that I would probably stay over the night before a flight again. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

RebeccaGifford, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way), responded to this review, April 2, 2014
I am pleased that you have enjoyed you stay with us and found your room to be clean and your bed comfortable.
However I do apologise that you found our Park & Fly package not as convenient. Please note that our sister hotel do offer valet car parking. Your feedback is appreciated and we looking forward to welcome you back in future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Fantastic reception staff and very comfortable room. Advised of all services on offer and appreciated the cleanliness of our room and the hotel in general. Premier Inn always manages to deliver a consistent standard - ALWAYS my first hotel of choice!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you continue to have great experiences in Premier Inns.
We are pleased that you keep coming back and we always looking forward to welcome you in our hotels.
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in March on business to save me needing to travel early to get to the airport the next day and the hotel is good.

It is obviously a Premier Inn and not the most modern and updated one I have ever stayed at, but it is clean, the service was great and the location (if you need to be at Gatwick Airport) is great.

My room was clean and tidy, again not the most updated, but certainly fine for the price I paid (about £70 which I thought was amazing considering its almost in the airport). Surprisingly I had a really good nights sleep considering how close it is to the runway, I don't think I actually heard one plane.

The car park was a good size, not too cheap (£10 for 24 hours), but I guess it could have been worse.

I didn't eat on the hotel on the evening I arrived but did have breakfast there in the morning and it was fine, as expected really. The waitress that showed me to my table was a bit miserable, but she did show me where everything was etc.....and it was early in the morning (it was about 6am, but breakfast actually starts at 4:30 am!!) so I understand that.

Generally though I have no complaints about this hotel and if you need to jet off early in the morning it is worth the money to stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
I am happy that you found our hotel to be convenient for you when travelling from Gatwick.
I am very pleased that our rooms are up to your standard and good value for money.
I do apologise that on this occasion our staff didn’t meet you expectation and I have passed your feedback on to the department manager.
We are looking to welcome you in our hotel in future.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The reception was cramped and busy when I arrived. Dinner was also being served in the dining area adjacent to the reception. So it felt to be claustrophobic and noisy. However the reception staff were friendly and relatively efficient (see below), and moved me to a different room from the disabled room reserved by Booking.com. The room was a long way from reception and through several fire doors, one of which required the room key card to open (entering but not exiting).

Car parking cost £10 per night, and the person on reception advised me that I could buy a ticket at a machine outside. However I could not get this machine to work so I asked the reception for assistance and they issued a ticket. So it would have been more convenient if they had done that when I checked in!!

On entering the room it was clean and a reasonable space for one person. There was tea and coffee. Somebody walking around upstairs made the floor creak, but this soon ceased. In the bathroom there was just liquid soap and no shampoo, etc. The room was facing the car park and north terminal, but I was not disturbed by traffic or aircraft.

In the morning, the breakfast was quick and efficient with a reasonable choice of food. The waitress explained what was available.

Check-out was quick and uneventful.

There is another Premier Inn right at the North Terminal which is in walking distance from the North terminal.

Room Tip: On the ground floor, the floors creak when people are walking upstairs. So try not to get a room on...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
I do apologise that you haven’t fully enjoyed your stay and that you have found certain parts of your stay not as expected.
We do appreciate your feedback and I have passed your comments to our Team to make sure that we improve our performance.
However I am happy that you have found our staff friendly and efficient.
I hope we can welcome you back in near future.
Worcester Park, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

An overall good stay, dinner was nice with several choices on the menu although none for vegans unless you eat soy. The room was respectable, but nothing special.
The reason I am giving this an average rating is because I booked a family room assuming it was with an interconnecting door for a separate room for a child to sleep in without being disturbed by parents. When I mentioned it to reception they did say that it is best to check with the hotel directly as not all Premier Inns have this type of room, and family rooms just meant larger to fit an extra single bed for a child.
Shame.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please accept my apologies that we didn’t meet you requirement for vegan food and inter connecting bedrooms.
Unfortunately our hotel doesn’t provide this type of room, however our sister hotel Gatwick North does provide this service.
If you wish to discuss this matter any further, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01293 602 702.
I hope that we can welcome you back sometime.
Kind regards

Been to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way)? Share your experiences!